Nov 14th, 2018, 4:39 am
Hi, this might be a noob question, but I finally got to download the .rar file of the book I want, but in my windows folder it shows up as a piece of paper icon, and I can't open it or do anything to it. I'm not quite sure what to do with it. Thank you for your help!
Nov 14th, 2018, 4:39 am
Nov 14th, 2018, 5:17 am
You just need to download and install an archive program such as Winrar or 7zip in order to open the file.
Nov 14th, 2018, 5:17 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Nov 14th, 2018, 6:19 am
For some reason, the extension is missing. You *know* it's a .rar file, right? Just right click and rename it by adding .rar, then unzip it using whatever software you already use.

Just FYI, this will happen (at this time anyway) if you are using JDownloader to d/l from uploadocean. This is a fault with the plugin, not uploadocean.

If you still can't unzip it, let me know and I'll try it myself.
Nov 14th, 2018, 6:19 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Dec 27th, 2018, 4:55 am
Where do you report on a virus post?

(link deleted by moderator)

This post seems to contain one link that won't work, and a second that just downloads an archive file that contains an exe.

merry60 wrote:There is nothing wrong with the second link in that post. Your best bet is to read the instructions in the opening post in this thread and contact the poster if nothing works. Please see your pms for further info.
Dec 27th, 2018, 4:55 am
Jan 4th, 2019, 12:46 pm
Hi
In both the following releases
(links removed)

All the links given are of files that are reported to contain viruses and are automatically deleted by the download managers of ALL the browsers on my computer multiple times. Am I making a mistake or should I request the OP for a new link.....

Please advise
Regards
Narianna
Jan 4th, 2019, 12:46 pm
Jan 4th, 2019, 2:08 pm
Narianna wrote:Hi
In both the following releases
(links removed)

All the links given are of files that are reported to contain viruses and are automatically deleted by the download managers of ALL the browsers on my computer multiple times. Am I making a mistake or should I request the OP for a new link.....

Please advise
Regards
Narianna

Yes, if the links are dead ( http://prntscr.com/m2z1iz ), you must contact the poster to get new links.

As for the working link in Dailyuploads, both the file and the link itself are safe and virus-free. The instructions in the opening post of this thread work just fine, but do not hesitate and PM me if you need further instructions.
Jan 4th, 2019, 2:08 pm
Jan 10th, 2019, 1:20 am
bigd53 wrote:
Like doughie247, I've had the same problem. Somewhere on this site I saw a recommendation for PopUp Blocker Pro. Once I installed it in Chrome, this issue of "popunders" went away. So now I have adblock regular and plus and popup blocker pro.

I dunno how many times I had to close Zippy's annoying pop-ups. They're gone now after installing PopUp Blocker Pro.
Thanks a lot for the tip.
Jan 10th, 2019, 1:20 am

Protect your eyes: read True PDFs only.
Image Download from DropGalaxy at your own risk Image
Jan 14th, 2019, 7:57 am
For those browsing from a mobile device: disabling javascript for certain sites stops those sites from spamming pop-ups and redirects.
Works with
tu#sfiles,
oce¥anupload (skips timer)
tiny£-files.com (skips timer and cool down).

For zippy, the site loads crap after the actual site, so clicking the download button as soon as it is shown bypasses the pop-ups.
Jan 14th, 2019, 7:57 am
Jan 15th, 2019, 3:15 am
there`s some nasty nasty toxic ads.
Jan 15th, 2019, 3:15 am
Jan 24th, 2019, 5:57 am
Hello again all, thank you for the help regarding my last problem. I did get to download the book eventually.
Another question this time using douploads.net, it downloads the file (the file has as a blank page icon, with the file name "bookname.exe.rename, and the file TYPE is called "rename"), then the download page kicks me over to a page that tells me that my .epub is ready, and then to rename my file to setup.exe, then double click on the .exe file and let it run. THAT sounds a lot sketchy. I don't understand why I'd have to do that. It's very confusing.
Jan 24th, 2019, 5:57 am
Jan 24th, 2019, 10:35 am
m0narch4 wrote:Hello again all, thank you for the help regarding my last problem. I did get to download the book eventually.
Another question this time using douploads.net, it downloads the file (the file has as a blank page icon, with the file name "bookname.exe.rename, and the file TYPE is called "rename"), then the download page kicks me over to a page that tells me that my .epub is ready, and then to rename my file to setup.exe, then double click on the .exe file and let it run. THAT sounds a lot sketchy. I don't understand why I'd have to do that. It's very confusing.

You will never get a book with the word .exe in the name of the rar, zip, file, or link. If you do, it will be the filehost pushing the executable for their own downloader on you, not the book.

Please follow the instructions to download from douploads.net in the opening post of this thread, close all pop-ups no matter what they say or ask you to do and only click on the designated button: https://i.imgur.com/71EJBOw.png

PM me if you have further questions, and remember to include the link to the file you have problems with.
Jan 24th, 2019, 10:35 am
Feb 11th, 2019, 1:44 pm
Thank you!
Feb 11th, 2019, 1:44 pm
Feb 22nd, 2019, 2:17 am
wondergirl wrote:or.....
Use jDownloader and you don't have anything to worry about. ;)
Just sayin'

What is jDownloader? Is this something that can be used by a person downloading a book or is it something the OP has to offer? Thanks
Feb 22nd, 2019, 2:17 am

:wave:
Feb 22nd, 2019, 7:54 am
THM wrote:
wondergirl wrote:or.....
Use jDownloader and you don't have anything to worry about. ;)
Just sayin'

What is jDownloader? Is this something that can be used by a person downloading a book or is it something the OP has to offer? Thanks

JDownloader is a free download manager. Because it's so popular, it can be used to download from a huge number of filehosts and is updated often. A couple of the best features are ad blocking (at least to you the user) and bypassing some countdowns and some captchas. For example, uploadocean is a one-click download, but you'll have to do the captcha for upload4earn.

If you decide to install it, consider adding the MyJDownloader browser add-on. There is a slight learning curve, but I can help a little with settings. It's still better if you go with Mobilism Premium, but if you can't JD is a good alternative - especially if you also d/l videos, etc.
Feb 22nd, 2019, 7:54 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).