May 13th, 2016, 1:49 pm
What if my virusscanner says the downloaded rar file with ebook contains a virus? Do I send a message to the poster? I downloaded this particular file from hulkload and I often load from Hulkload, so it isn't a problem of pressing the wrong buttons.

merry60 wrote:If you don't mind please PM me with the link to the post where this happened so I can look into it. I cannot tell you to send a message to the poster if I don't know whether the problem is on the poster's side or not. It wouldn't be the first time an antivirus gives a false positive, happens all the time.
May 13th, 2016, 1:49 pm
May 14th, 2016, 7:46 pm
dougie247 wrote:I recently tried a download from Usercloud.. when clicking the correct download button it constantly redirected to new pages before finally starting the download unfortunately one of the redirects opened a page which locked out my browser that i had no way to work around and had to restart the browser entirely.. is there another way around this type of lockout?

Like doughie247, I've had the same problem. Somewhere on this site I saw a recommendation for PopUp Blocker Pro. Once I installed it in Chrome, this issue of "popunders" went away. So now I have adblock regular and plus and popup blocker pro.

Why does UserCloud do this? Even though I can now safely download from UserCloud without having to reload Chrome, I still will try to find other sources first. It is still my opinion that uploaders provide a service to downloaders and not vice versa and should try to make the experience as painless as possible. I know this is not a popular opinion on this thread but the complaints sort of speak for themselves. This is an issue of malware, malicious or benign, and not one of functionality or features.
May 14th, 2016, 7:46 pm

D53
Dec 17th, 2016, 2:06 pm
Hulkload is TERRIBLE
Dec 17th, 2016, 2:06 pm
Jan 26th, 2017, 8:40 pm
Some useful tips an thoughts here, I certainly have a problem downloading from Hulkload, I can never get past the pop up ad window. Overall though more than worth persevering with all the shiny click on me buttons! Thanks to all those who have introduced me to a wide range of authors I would never have tried otherwise.
Jan 26th, 2017, 8:40 pm
Feb 12th, 2017, 7:37 am
uploads.to is also atrocious. Multiple windows open the moment I click the 'download now' button
Feb 12th, 2017, 7:37 am
Feb 22nd, 2017, 5:33 pm
uploads.to seems to now be blocking me by geography. hulkload seems unable to get past their own "must download this software .exe" passthrough advertising so it never gets to the download page.
Feb 22nd, 2017, 5:33 pm
May 4th, 2017, 9:06 pm
userscloud always gives me a virus warning now, both on the file and on the page - no matter what try to download and clicking on the correct button

bunnylips wrote: They appear to have changed things. The first file that they attempt to deliver (sometimes, but not always) is an .iso file. Click cancel and the next download dialog you get will be the book.

merry60 wrote:They changed back on July 21st
May 4th, 2017, 9:06 pm
Jul 29th, 2017, 9:50 pm
valinor89 wrote:I found that if instead of left clicking the download/play etc buttons first I right click on them, my browser (FF + ABP + pop up block for ABP) will block the new window more times than not. Seems like the full screen transparent layer they use to "clickjack" you needs a left click to work properly.

At most you will just open the context menu.

Fantastic tip! In Firefox it works every time for Hulkload even without ad blockers, thank you! :D
Jul 29th, 2017, 9:50 pm
Sep 27th, 2017, 12:54 am
brc13 wrote:uploads.to is also atrocious. Multiple windows open the moment I click the 'download now' button

same problem here and i cannot uncheck the tickbox, just unusable
Sep 27th, 2017, 12:54 am
Oct 25th, 2017, 6:38 am
Thanks, I was fighting with one that kept giving me .exe files, and I sure as heck didn't trust those. This was PERFECT!
Oct 25th, 2017, 6:38 am
Dec 15th, 2017, 3:48 am
Whenever I can, I download books etc using a little program called "FreeRapid Downloader" I believe it is similar to JDownloader. So I just copy and paste the URL for the download page into FreeRapid Downloader. It takes care of most captchas, but sometime you have to enter the captcha, but this is no big deal. Also if your download is in multiple parts, it will queue the parts and download them in batches (Zippy, Mega) or one at a time, and also resume after a time for those downloads which are limited to so many per period of time. You can let FreeRapid Downloader beaver away, and get on with something useful.
Works also for many Youtube clips.

Here is a link to the FRD website:
Code: Select allhttp://wordrider.net/freerapid/
Dec 15th, 2017, 3:48 am

Please PM me if links are dead, and I will do my best to refresh them.
Dec 15th, 2017, 4:15 am
auswombat wrote:Whenever I can, I download books etc using a little program called "FreeRapid Downloader" I believe it is similar to JDownloader. So I just copy and paste the URL for the download page into FreeRapid Downloader. It takes care of most captchas, but sometime you have to enter the captcha, but this is no big deal. Also if your download is in multiple parts, it will queue the parts and download them in batches (Zippy, Mega) or one at a time, and also resume after a time for those downloads which are limited to so many per period of time. You can let FreeRapid Downloader beaver away, and get on with something useful.
Works also for many Youtube clips.

Here is a link to the FRD website:
Code: Select allhttp://wordrider.net/freerapid/

Ponydroid for Android (from Mi pony stable) also works quite well.
Dec 15th, 2017, 4:15 am
Feb 20th, 2018, 5:35 pm
Hi all,

"douploads" is a real pain in the behind. I follow the instructions kindly given provide on this site, but I keep getting the "download session expired" notice. I take care of cookies and all else - any ideas?
An often provided mirror site - "ctfile" - is Chinese, a language I regrettably do not understand (has someone figured out a "click-path" through those sites?).

All in all thanks for the efforts!
Feb 20th, 2018, 5:35 pm
May 16th, 2018, 4:42 am
Just a note:

For those who use the LibGen Sci-Tech area, Firefox blocked a download saying it had a virus embedded. Since my AV did *not* give me a warning (and I trust it), I just chose another link and it downloaded fine.

That's the first time I've ever gotten a warning so I thought I'd post it.
May 16th, 2018, 4:42 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
May 21st, 2018, 5:20 am
If you want to find the correct download button, move your mouse over each one in turn and see what shows in the bottom left corner of your browser window (works with Firefox). It should show an URL that ends with the "name" of the download file (e.g. abc123.rar). All other links should be avoided like the plague.
May 21st, 2018, 5:20 am

Please PM me if links are dead, and I will do my best to refresh them.