Jan 20th, 2017, 5:55 pm
Works Now :) Thank You :)
Jan 20th, 2017, 5:55 pm
Jan 21st, 2017, 7:19 am
Hello,
when i go and click ebook category, I get rediredted to this page:

Google URL Shortener URL Shortener

https://goo.gl/H41yAy – this goo.gl shortlink has been disabled. It was found to be violating our Terms of Service. Click here and here for more information about our terms and policies respectively.

Does this mean we can no longer use the catagory short cut?

emmilina wrote:

Hi-
You need to clear your browser cache and cookies.
Check this link -
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1898184
Jan 21st, 2017, 7:19 am
Jan 24th, 2017, 6:26 am
Is anyone else getting download errors every time they use the blue Downloader arrows? I keep getting cloud fare errors. I have been since 6pm. I can't use any of the blue arrows which is a waste since that's all I use. Any help would be appreciated. I've cleared my cache and restarted everything and nada.
Jan 24th, 2017, 6:26 am

Kitt
Jan 24th, 2017, 7:24 am
kitten, I've been using the Mobilism Downloader 'blue arrows' for the last hour or two without any problems. CloudFlare errors do crop up at Mobilism from time to time, but I haven't run into any for the last couple of days. Hope it's now working for you again.
Jan 24th, 2017, 7:24 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Jan 26th, 2017, 8:49 pm
I've tried to download a file and when downloaded it has a .dmg ending. I don't know enough about file extensions but I though this one installs a program. Any thoughts?

bunnylips wrote: Hi, if you could send me a PM with the topic, I will gladly look into it. My guess is that you clicked the wrong button / link someplace and something other than the book was downloaded.
Jan 26th, 2017, 8:49 pm
Jan 26th, 2017, 9:14 pm
Is it me or is it mobilism?

It's taking ages for books to download, some of them are coming up as over 1 hour, yes I'm using the blue arrow download button, yes everything else on my lappy is working as usual. Any ideas?

bunnylips wrote: I've not been having any difficulties; and I use that blue arrow quite a bit :)

S'ok it's working fine today - stand down :D
Jan 26th, 2017, 9:14 pm

Twitter: Fatima99@fatima99_mobi
Jan 29th, 2017, 1:10 am
Crowd funded section?

A few times I have requested a book and it has many backers, and likewise, many posts have many people donating.

Should there be a section for books which can be paid for by many people? Granted there is an element of trust here, but 10+ people would mean less than $1 / £1 per person, even considerably much less for all to share.

merry60 wrote:I am sorry but this would be contrary to the spirit of the site. It might be a good idea for a circle of friends though, off site.
Jan 29th, 2017, 1:10 am
Feb 7th, 2017, 1:44 am
Hi,
I'm mainly interested in anthologies and short story colletions in SF. Is there a way to only search one category? Also, does search only look for words in only in the subject line or the entire post?

Thanks.
Richard

merry60 wrote:Hi Richard,
The Quick search only looks for words in the subject line, to search the entire post you must use the Advanced search.

1. Open the Advanced Search button,
2. Enter the word "anthology" as keyword
3. Select Sci-Fi/Fantasy in the "Search in forums" drop-down menu
4. Tick the option "Message text only" in the option "Search within".

For more results, repeat step #2 using "short stories" as keywords. Good luck! :)
Feb 7th, 2017, 1:44 am
Feb 10th, 2017, 3:26 am
I cannot open mp3 books after I download them. Is there a specific program I need to download to open them? I am not very literate on
computers and don't understand computer speak sometimes. I am older and to me they are so much magic, I just can't understand how they work! I do love Mobilism tho.

Weelee wrote:
Try this site ....will give you the info needed ;)

http://www.dummies.com/computers/pcs/mu ... mp3-files/
Feb 10th, 2017, 3:26 am
Feb 10th, 2017, 4:41 am
How do I delete my request if I don't want it anymore?

Weelee wrote:
Hi, post in the request saying that you no longer need it or send us (eBook Mods) the info and we delete it for you ...as long as it hasn't been fulfilled :)
Feb 10th, 2017, 4:41 am
Feb 18th, 2017, 8:16 pm
I am having an issue changing the cover of a book I downloaded. When I first put it on my Kobo, it was a generic generated cover. I put it in to Calibre, changed the cover to the correct one, "converted" it to .epub again and when I put it on my Kobo again it's still the generic cover.

I know I've changed covers in the past but for some reason it is not working with this one book and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any assistance is appreciated.
Feb 18th, 2017, 8:16 pm
Feb 18th, 2017, 8:22 pm
fernbrook wrote:I am having an issue changing the cover of a book I downloaded. When I first put it on my Kobo, it was a generic generated cover. I put it in to Calibre, changed the cover to the correct one, "converted" it to .epub again and when I put it on my Kobo again it's still the generic cover.

I know I've changed covers in the past but for some reason it is not working with this one book and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any assistance is appreciated.

Not sure what happened but I just turned my Kobo on and randomly the cover is correct now. I guess things work out once you ask for help!
Feb 18th, 2017, 8:22 pm
Feb 27th, 2017, 9:30 pm
Hi,

I'm not able to download files from closed file host.net, is there something I should be using to download them? or is it an issue with the site itself? I get this message any time I try to download one closed%20filehost.net’s server DNS address could not be found.

Also if this has already been covered my apologies!

merry60 wrote:Closed filehost means exactly that: the host has closed permanently and it no longer exists, sorry about that. The site used to be called Hugefile.s but someone took over the domain and is running a scam from it, so we had to disable all the existing links.
Feb 27th, 2017, 9:30 pm
Mar 8th, 2017, 12:28 am
I was trying to download an e-book. Tried both links and two different e-reader programs. It won't upload. Says invalid file format. It is in epub format.

Also one site put an apk file on my tablet.

merry60 wrote:It sounds as if you clicked the wrong download button and didn't get the correct file. Please read the instructions in this topic: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file to find out which buttons you need to click and which to avoid. If the problem persists, you'll need to contact the poster to make sure there is nothing wrong with the links.

Edit: fixed, the problem was: wrong links with adf.ly shortener.
Mar 8th, 2017, 12:28 am
Mar 9th, 2017, 3:11 pm
I was wondering if there was a foreign section for languages not in english.. if not..is it okay to request books in ..say..arabic for example?

merry60 wrote:We don't have sections for different languages, no. Files in all languages can be posted and requested as long as the language is clearly mentioned in the subject line, if other than English. The same principle as explained in the Posting Rules applies to all, search included.
Mar 9th, 2017, 3:11 pm