Sep 15th, 2017, 2:21 pm
Jenny Beckhham wrote:Hi. Is there a specific link as per which I can find "box set" or "complete series in a box set"?

1. Open the advanced Search window (see images below for both 2.0 and classic versions)
2. Enter "box set" or "boxset" or "boxed set" in "Search for keywords"
3. Select eBook Releases (or a preferred subforum) on the "Search in forums" drop-down list
4. On "Search subforums", select Search within: "Post subjects and message text"
5. Click Search.

To search for a specific genre within the Audiobooks category:

1. Open the advanced Search window
2. Enter "Romance" or "Mystery" or "Fantasy" in "Search for keywords"
3. Select Audiobooks on the "Search in forums" drop-down list
4. On "Search subforums", select Search within "Message text only"
5. Click Search.

More about the advanced search: Audiobooks Fiction/Non-fiction
More about the search: FAQ, Tricks and Tips.
Sep 15th, 2017, 2:21 pm
Sep 17th, 2017, 12:13 pm
I requested a book yesterday. I had searched for the title and discovered that it was previously uploaded years ago but all three files are no longer valid and the uploader has marked her status as INACTIVE

I received this message :

We've recently added a new rule that states if a book has already been posted on the website and has an active original poster, we are to bin those requests asking for that same book. If the links are no longer working, please follow the rules associated with asking for re-ups from active original posters. I've binned your request, so no need to worry about it anymore. To be clear, the lesson here is to search before requesting, to save both your time and your WRZ$.

The book is posted here: viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=1355336&hilit=Jerry+Autieri

If you have trouble using Mobilism's search engine, use the Google Custom Search engine for Mobilism instead: https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=007640456 ... #gsc.tab=0

Please someone tell me - what was I to do ? I am very confused
Sep 17th, 2017, 12:13 pm
Sep 17th, 2017, 12:30 pm
effstop wrote:I requested a book yesterday. I had searched for the title and discovered that it was previously uploaded years ago but all three files are no longer valid and the uploader has marked her status as INACTIVE
This case is contemplated in the Rules under the heading "New links requests":

Subject: eBook Section Rules

• If the Original Poster is no longer active (see profile) or not replacing links as per the signature, post in the topic ("Links dead, OP inactive") or PM a moderator with the link to the release so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else. DO NOT use the report button.

This way we may all get lucky and the title will be made available again. Last resort, post in Requests :)
Sep 17th, 2017, 12:30 pm
Sep 17th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Thank you Merry, as always, for your reply and help.

Following the rules , I have posted Links dead, OP inactive in the topic.

edit : hulkload link did actually work in the post but not with the premium downloader engine - there's an apostrophe in the filename and that causes confusion. BunnyLips explained it all to me. So I learned all kinds of stuff today.

Thank you to all for all the help and patience
Sep 17th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Sep 19th, 2017, 10:22 pm
I downloaded a couple of books in epub format on my desktop and wanted to email them to my iPad and iPhone but they were too large (about 30 mb each) to attach with either Outlook or Gmail. I used Calibre and converted to Mobi and tried to send to my Kindle send to address but that would not work either ... any suggestions would be most appreciated!

bunnylips wrote: The easiest way to send larger files to your ipad / phone is by using an upload service like
https://send.firefox.com/
https://wetransfer.com/

They don't have the same size limits as many of the email accounts have :)
Sep 19th, 2017, 10:22 pm
Sep 20th, 2017, 10:10 pm
Lately books have been posted in .rar format ... though they don't appear to be zipped files, as they don't UNzip.

How do you handle this format?

Thank you!

bunnylips wrote: If you are a Windows user, my favourite freeware program that handles virtually all compressed file formats is Bandizip If you looking for an online tool, my favourite is B1. Either one handles the rar format.

Thank you BunnyLips ... I use a Mac, but I do have a .rar unzip program on board.
It doesn't recognize these .rar files at all ... they don't seem to BE zipped.
I tried changing the .rar extension to .epub and/or .azw3 to no avail.
So I'm stumped!
Sorry - this is probably something very obvious to others ...
Anyway ... thanks again! :)

bunnylips wrote: Send me a message with the details and let's figure it out for you :)
Sep 20th, 2017, 10:10 pm
Sep 28th, 2017, 11:11 am
If, after posting a book request, I manage to find them myself, how do I cancel my request, please?

merry60 wrote:Subject: How to post a request (RULES)

• You may withdraw your request by posting a reply in your own thread saying you no longer need the book, provided a link has not been offered yet. If a working link has already been posted, whether to a file host or to a new release, you are most definitely obliged to donate.
Sep 28th, 2017, 11:11 am
Sep 29th, 2017, 6:34 am
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.
Sep 29th, 2017, 6:34 am
Oct 2nd, 2017, 6:02 pm
merry60 wrote:
effstop wrote:I requested a book yesterday. I had searched for the title and discovered that it was previously uploaded years ago but all three files are no longer valid and the uploader has marked her status as INACTIVE
This case is contemplated in the Rules under the heading "New links requests":

• If the Original Poster is no longer active (see profile) or not replacing links as per the signature, post in the topic ("Links dead, OP inactive") or PM a moderator with the link to the release so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else. DO NOT use the report button.

This way we may all get lucky and the title will be made available again. Last resort, post in Requests :)

Would that be the Quick Reply box? I have never made a request on dead links so I want to be sure not to upset anyone.
Thanks
Oct 2nd, 2017, 6:02 pm
Oct 2nd, 2017, 11:27 pm
pandigital wrote:

Would that be the Quick Reply box? I have never made a request on dead links so I want to be sure not to upset anyone.
Thanks

For the case you are quoting that would be the Quick Reply box, yes. A case when the poster is no longer active and the links are dead. Post in the Quick Reply box so a moderator can move the release to Expired to be reposted.

Which is not the same as "making a request on dead links". If the release is by an active poster and you wish to make a request for new links you need to send a private message to the poster. Same rules as above, different case.
Oct 2nd, 2017, 11:27 pm
Oct 6th, 2017, 4:02 am
I've been having so much trouble lately! A lot of the links I try are dead (old links, annoying but not my problem). But some of them have been downloading ".zip.dmg" I'm not about to open a dmg file I don't know, so I take that part out and try un zipping it, but now I'm getting ".zip.cpgz" or the file is corrupted...what is happening? WHY is this happening?
Ok tried using a different app called "Unarchiver" . Got further this time, but now I just have a folder and a "Click here to install" button.

merry60 wrote:Please read this topic and follow the instructions to download, thanks: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file
Oct 6th, 2017, 4:02 am
Oct 10th, 2017, 7:12 pm
What is considered an "expired release"? Is an "expired release" the same as "expired links"?

merry60 wrote:The word 'expired' means no longer valid. If applied to a release, it means that the release is no longer valid because the links are dead and the poster is not active. The release is then moved to the Expired eBook Releases section to be reposted by somebody else.

When applied to links, the word 'expired' means just that: the links don't work, are dead, have expired.
Oct 10th, 2017, 7:12 pm
Oct 15th, 2017, 2:27 pm
The New York Times Book Review:

I was wondering why the issues after 9th July have not been posted.

The magazine is still published, right?
iheartbooks77 wrote:Yes, the magazine is still being published. (I just did a search and found that info! ;)) If the issue you are looking for isn't posted on site you can make a request, just visit the Requests section and read How to post a request correctly (RULES). Good luck!
Oct 15th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Oct 22nd, 2017, 8:46 am
porcupine wrote:I'm not sure what to do in situations where a request has been filled but the book was never formally posted up and the link is now dead. Is the protocol to pm the submitter, or make a new request?

https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=2223609&hilit=bateson

Hi porcupine it's the latter (make a new request). This is last line on the rules sticky.......
Important: Links in requests are NOT meant to be replaced when they die. A request is a one-time deal: once filled and rewarded, the topic is moved to the Fulfilled section and locked (no further editing possible). You are not to send private messages to fulfillers asking for new links, you must request again. Thank you.

iheartbooks77 wrote:ETA: thanks for replying Blueram. Just wanted to add, porcupine you can find your answer and other queries you may have here in the ebook request RULES. Best of luck. :)
Oct 22nd, 2017, 8:46 am