Sep 9th, 2014, 8:15 pm
canmus wrote:.... what button do I press please!
And I also don't see any buttons to uncheck, like I do on others.

And do I need to register?

No, you don't need to register and there is no box to uncheck. Just wait the count-down that comes after clicking the green button and get ready to endure the download:

I wish you could find some other link to download from, if only to teach a lesson to all posters who use this filehost. If more users refused to download from such an unfriendly host maybe uploaders would stop using it. How anyone would believe that turning the download experience into a nightmare means good business is beyond me.
Sep 9th, 2014, 8:15 pm
Sep 9th, 2014, 9:22 pm
merry60 wrote:
canmus wrote:.... what button do I press please!
And I also don't see any buttons to uncheck, like I do on others.

And do I need to register?
… If more users refused to download from such an unfriendly host maybe uploaders would stop using it ...

Am one such user who refuses to use links from unfriendly hosts - specifically ones that don't support the Mobilism Premium Downloader (MPD). And once I've come to recognize a poster who consistently uses ONLY unfriendly sites, I no longer read their posts, even if they feature books I want.

For me, it's less about my own convenience and more about doing my bit to support Mobilism. We need more posts containing MPD-supported links, and more downloaders insisting on them. To include at least one such link in a post isn't too much to ask of posters, I don't think.
Sep 9th, 2014, 9:22 pm
Sep 9th, 2014, 9:35 pm
McJalm wrote: To include at least one such link in a post isn't too much to ask of posters, I don't think.

I so agree with this
Sep 9th, 2014, 9:35 pm
Sep 10th, 2014, 12:51 am
merry60 wrote:
I wish you could find some other link to download from, if only to teach a lesson to all posters who use this filehost. If more users refused to download from such an unfriendly host maybe uploaders would stop using it. How anyone would believe that turning the download experience into a nightmare means good business is beyond me.

Gosh.... I now feel I have to support the fabulous mobilism site and boycott the user who is using this unfriendly host.

Thanks for the super quick response Merry... Don't know how you guys do it, really.
Crabz ! ! But I shalll be strong and do the right thing and BOYCOTT BOYCOTT BOYCOTT
:evil: :evil: :evil:

Merry, The same user is using the host "fileStorm" , is that any better? http://filestorm.to/4m1ik0patdm7.html
Sorry, I know nothing about this stuff. (Time to educate myself I guess)

merry60 wrote:Though not supported, I couldn't find anything wrong with Filestorm: no tricky buttons, no speed limits for non-premium users and just a fairly decent 30-second wait.
Sep 10th, 2014, 12:51 am
Sep 10th, 2014, 1:26 am
canmus wrote:Merry, The same user is using the host "fileStorm" , is that any better? http://filestorm.to/4m1ik0patdm7.html
Sorry, I know nothing about this stuff. (Time to educate myself I guess)
While I'm not merry - if only I could emulate HALF her diplomacy! -, I do have an answer to that question.

To find a list of the file hosts that support the Mobilism Premium Downloader, click the 'Downloader' link that appears at the very top of every Mobilism page.

If you do that, you'll see that Firestorm is not currently among the hosts listed.

You should check the Downloader list fairly regularly - I check about every other month. New hosts are occasionally added; more rarely, others have been removed.
Sep 10th, 2014, 1:26 am
Sep 10th, 2014, 1:37 am
Oh, that is really helpful . Thank you for that information McJaim.
I will do that. So much to learn. And I must reiterate, this helpdesk is a lifesaver. Thank you.
Sep 10th, 2014, 1:37 am
Sep 11th, 2014, 7:14 am
canmus wrote:Oh, that is really helpful . Thank you for that information McJaim.
I will do that. So much to learn. And I must reiterate, this helpdesk is a lifesaver. Thank you.

I have to whole-heartedly echo your sentiments, canmus. I only wish I'd come to the "Help Desk" sooner!
Sep 11th, 2014, 7:14 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Sep 11th, 2014, 7:22 am
sunnysideup wrote:Double post lead to confusing and extra bandwidth on the server. Since the owner pays for this site and we support him/her with premium/platinum accounts, not double posting helps to keep down on bandwidth and server overload. And it is just one of the rules they have in place. For someone that does not know how or where to search seeing several different post with the same book/author could cause confusion. Not everyone is able to understand or see the difference in a post (ePub, mobi, scanned, retail). It is easier to change format via Cailbre or ask the original uploader to change format than having 3 different formats posting separately

Thanks for your very patient explanation of the (otherwise apparently frustrating) double posting rule, sunnysideup. It now makes a lot more sense to me. I'm presently trying to replace a number of poor scans of my favourite books with better quality copies.
Sep 11th, 2014, 7:22 am

But this rose is an extra. - A. Conan Doyle
Sep 20th, 2014, 12:42 am
I am having difficulty putting some of PDFs that have been spit into 2 or more .rar files. What I always done is put the files in a new folder and open then up there by clicking on the first one. I am getting broken file messages more often than not. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Sep 20th, 2014, 12:42 am
Sep 20th, 2014, 1:52 pm
Karmae wrote:I am having difficulty putting some of PDFs that have been spit into 2 or more .rar files. What I always done is put the files in a new folder and open then up there by clicking on the first one. I am getting broken file messages more often than not. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
Are you downloading directly from the links or using the premium downloader? The premium adds a bit to the file that says "mobilism.org", and removing that bit usually does the trick ;-)

If not the case, please send me a private message with the links to the files you're having problems with, we'll try to find a solution and post it here, ok?
Sep 20th, 2014, 1:52 pm
Sep 20th, 2014, 4:49 pm
Thanks Merry60 - I will give this a try and let you know either way.

It worked! This was a new one on me - I'm a happy camper now. :lol:
Sep 20th, 2014, 4:49 pm
Sep 22nd, 2014, 6:55 pm
I found a copy of a requested book. It's a .rar file for a PDF, do I unrar and post it in eBook releases? Really new at uploading, never done this before.
Thanks
Sep 22nd, 2014, 6:55 pm
Sep 22nd, 2014, 8:09 pm
BookWyrm1103 wrote:I found a copy of a requested book. It's a .rar file for a PDF, do I unrar and post it in eBook releases? Really new at uploading, never done this before.
Thanks
Posting a RAR or a PDF will depend on your own preferences, I personally prefer compressed files but it doesn't matter as long as the book hasn't been posted yet. Please check the opening post on this thread where you will find all the help you need, starting with the Posting guidelines and Rules

If you still have doubts after reading the guidelines, don't hesitate and contact an eBook moderator with your questions, no problem :)
Sep 22nd, 2014, 8:09 pm

Oct 6th, 2014, 12:23 am
Hello,
If I want to request an e-book that already exists on Mobilism, but from a different file host, do I make a new request specifying so, or do I contact the original uploader and ask him to do so?
Oct 6th, 2014, 12:23 am
Oct 6th, 2014, 12:54 am
canmus wrote:Hello,
If I want to request an e-book that already exists on Mobilism, but from a different file host, do I make a new request specifying so, or do I contact the original uploader and ask him to do so?

You are more than welcome to make a new request but should not have to do so according to the rules.

It would be far more efficient to send a PM to the OP of the existing release and ask him/her to update their release with a new mirror link.

If you make a new request, just ensure you clearly specify what an acceptable file-host is.

Subject: [IMPORTANT] Rules for the ebook section

Mirroring [of already released eBooks]
  • Mirrors are not allowed as long as the mirror in the main post is working.
      Exception:
    • Somebody requested a link to a more user-friendly file host and the OP cannot provide it.
Oct 6th, 2014, 12:54 am