Jul 17th, 2014, 9:06 am
The rule says that all files must be split into 80 MB pieces so they can be handled by the mobilism premium downloader, which has a limit. However, audiobooks are exempt from this rule but it helps if we upload them to one of the supported file hosts, there are many that accept big files in the list:

Currently supported for direct downloading:
- tusfiles.com
- uploading.com
- extabit.com
- rapidshare.com
- rapidgator.net
- uploaded.net
- ul.to
- uploaded.to
- hugefiles.net
- zippyshare.com
- 2shared.com
- unlimitzone.com
- rg.to
- mediafire.com

merry60 wrote:Limit raised to 120 MB

merry60 wrote:Limit raised to 200 MB
Jul 17th, 2014, 9:06 am
Jul 17th, 2014, 9:43 am
Very good. That answers that :) Thank you.
Jul 17th, 2014, 9:43 am
Jul 22nd, 2014, 9:33 pm
This is a nice feature, all the FAQs at one place. Plus we don't need to PM mods for some small help, just post here and you get a reply as solution. Thanks MOB.
Jul 22nd, 2014, 9:33 pm
Jul 23rd, 2014, 2:40 pm
I have a question. A helpful member did try to help my sending me a PM. But it seems my problem is different. My ISP doesn't seem to support these download sites so that when I click on any of these sites like tusfiles or zippyshare etc. I get only a blank page and nothing. So I tried using a free proxy site. Now I do get the site to open. I uncheck the box that says to use their download manager. When I click on the download link, it brings up the save as dialog BUT the file is index.php
Tried many times with no success. I even downloaded the index.php file which is the same size as the eBook size but can't open it. Anyone can help me getting around this problem?

And yes I did try and change the DNS servers IP in my Network settings to Google DNS IP. Worked once but now that too doesn't work.

Thanks.
Jul 23rd, 2014, 2:40 pm
Jul 23rd, 2014, 3:31 pm
hercule_p2001 wrote:My ISP doesn't seem to support these download sites so that when I click on any of these sites like tusfiles or zippyshare etc. I get only a blank page and nothing.
The fact that you have the same problem both with Tusfiles and Zippyshare leads me to believe that your problem lies with your own computer or browser settings rather than your ISP. If you had a problem with Tusfiles only, I would just ask you to read this post about the new "download button" in Tusfiles. But download problems with Zippyshare are quite unusual, it's the most user-friendly host out there. Try to adjust your download settings in your browser, see if you need to update Flash or Java or maybe reset the browser itself. Good luck!
Jul 23rd, 2014, 3:31 pm
Jul 23rd, 2014, 4:07 pm
There is a lot more advice on getting around ISP blocks here, some of which you've tried already, but it might be worth troubleshooting the problem before resorting to that, because this doesn't really sound like an ISP block:

I have a question. A helpful member did try to help my sending me a PM. But it seems my problem is different. My ISP doesn't seem to support these download sites so that when I click on any of these sites like tusfiles or zippyshare etc. I get only a blank page and nothing. So I tried using a free proxy site. Now I do get the site to open. I uncheck the box that says to use their download manager. When I click on the download link, it brings up the save as dialog BUT the file is index.php

My ISP blocks the majority of torrent sites, but when it does so it redirects me to a standard page explaining that this site blocked. This is because it isn't in the interest of an ISP to confuse their customers by not informing them that something has happened, which is what a blank page will do. Clearly torrent sites and torrenting are the main focus on the entertainment industry because of the large amount of piracy that goes on there (Pirate Bay not exactly helping there!!), but I am of aware of them going after download sites other than Megaupload, as they have a lot of legitimate uses and often take steps to prevent things like movies being shared on them (like limiting file sizes to a couple of 100 MB). ISPs don't want to inconvenience their users, so would tend not to go around blocking sites without being forced to by other companies or the law and if this were the case for these download sites a) it would be more widespread and b) there would have been a big fuss about it in the news.

The kind of behaviour you describe seems to be more a sign of something going wrong on your end. I know I had problems years ago with things like index.php files being downloaded (PHP is one of the more popular server side languages, you can see the file extension in use here - all it really means is that it is trying to download the web page not the file on it), just the other day I was looking at the download folder of an old HDD and found a bunch of them in there. I can't remember what was wrong, as it probably fixed itself, but is presumably something wrong with the computer or browser or some general maintenance I carried out (I have a suspicion it might have been issues with low RAM and/or excessive multi-tasking).

So, first I'd suggest you:

• Try a different browser - Chrome perhaps. If you are using Internet Explorer then now might be the time to stop using it. ;)
  • Scan for nasties - Malwarebytes is free and reliable, but make sure to run it in safe mode this time around as it should help it pick up problems that might be hiding themselves.
  • Check your firewall or anti-virus settings. I don't know what could be causing the problem but even the free ones try to multi-task these days and give you "safe searching" options that can block sites, but again they'd usually tell you if they were. Try turning both off briefly while you access a "blocked" download site.
  • Clean up your computer - I have found JetClean and JetBoost to be useful applications for this and they are free.
  • If nothing else works, phone your ISP and tell them a family member sent you a link to a big archive of family photos on Zippyshare but you can't access it and you were wondering if it is blocked. A little cheeky, but those sites are used for legitimate purposes, so it isn't outrageous to ask.

Anyway, give those a try first, as I suspect something there will fix the problem without you needing to jump through all sorts of hoops configuring proxies. Some of them are generally good practice anyway, so you aren't wasting your time running through if you aren't already. I am assuming you are on Windows (just a guess), are reasonably technically competent (as you've already started fiddling with DNS servers) and live in a more open, democratic society (if you were, for example, in China then you might need to skip to more advanced solution, like Tor, but I'd also be wary about recommending it in case that itself could get you into trouble) but if not, or there is other information that could help (is it all download sites or just a few of the main ones used on here?), then let us know as it might have some effect on the advice given.
Jul 23rd, 2014, 4:07 pm

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Jul 24th, 2014, 8:04 am
Thanks for the inputs. I tried cleaning up what I could. Now zippyshare, Toofiles, uploading etc. work well. BUT still no luck with tusfiles and uploadrocket. The webpage that opens is totally blank with no activity at all. I agree it is not my ISP but some setting in the PC that perhaps is preventing these sites to open. I looked into the Windows Firewall but do not find these sites mentioned anywhere in the list. Any pointers?

Also tried Chrome with same results. IE also same. I use FF.
Jul 24th, 2014, 8:04 am
Jul 24th, 2014, 9:24 am
Have you tried turning off your Ad/Popup/NoScript filters when visiting those pages?

Silly how that had me stumped for a while until I turned the things off.
Jul 24th, 2014, 9:24 am
Jul 24th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Ads/Pop-ups are blocked in my browser. That's the first thing I do after installation.
Jul 24th, 2014, 1:26 pm
Jul 24th, 2014, 2:13 pm
Update:

I did 2 things. 1) Removed the tusfiles cookies. 2) Added a line to my hosts file which pointed to the DNS address of the tusflies site: 46.23.68.237

After doing these 2 things, it all started to work as before. I can now get the download link and all. Don't know which one of these did the trick though.

Thanks again to all of you for your help.
Jul 24th, 2014, 2:13 pm
Jul 25th, 2014, 7:36 am
Back to the same behaviour. It worked yesterday. Today I am facing the same behaviour. tusfiles.et and ul.to fail to open. Only blank page. So it can't be the cookies or the DNS address. Has to be something else. Can't open in Chrome also and in IE also.
Jul 25th, 2014, 7:36 am
Jul 25th, 2014, 2:59 pm
All very strange. Is it only the download sites or have you hit any problems on other sites?

Have you tried turning your firewall off long enough to try reloading the page? You said you looked into the settings but the real test is switching it off. On a sidenote: If you are only using the Windows firewall then I'd recommend installing [url=http://uk.pcmag.com/firewalls-products-1/feature/8525/the-best-free-firewalls]one of the good free ones out there[/quote] which are superior - ZoneAlarm and Comodo are the frontrunners (just make sure you are installing the free version).

I am also wondering if it might be something to do with your router. I can't give specific advice, but it might be worth calling their helpline - when I had problems with a Belkin they were very helpful.

If that doesn't work, then I'll see if I can shake anything loose from the Internet to try.
Jul 25th, 2014, 2:59 pm

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Jul 26th, 2014, 12:20 am
can anyone tell me how many minutes I should wait between each post I make without looking like I'm spamming?! I don't post a lot but when I do no one else is posting. and sometimes I end up only able to post like 3 books in one hour.
Jul 26th, 2014, 12:20 am
Jul 26th, 2014, 12:34 am
littlemew wrote:can anyone tell me how many minutes I should wait between each post I make without looking like I'm spamming?! I don't post a lot but when I do no one else is posting. and sometimes I end up only able to post like 3 books in one hour.

There is no time limit for you to share your links with us. :)
Jul 26th, 2014, 12:34 am
Jul 26th, 2014, 12:49 am
super arkonen to the rescue. thanks for the quick answer. ♥♥♥
:D
Jul 26th, 2014, 12:49 am

No longer able to maintain links, sorry.