Mar 28th, 2017, 3:28 am
I just uploaded in response to a request but the original request page has disappeared! viewtopic.php?f=72&t=1979020&hilit=Sarah+hilary
How do I claim my WRZ?
More to the point, how do I let the original requesters find out it's available?

merry60 wrote:The most probable cause is that the original requesters found the book themselves and cancelled the request so it was removed by a moderator. Keep in mind that users cannot delete/edit requests, and by the RULES, staff only removes if no link has been provided yet.
Mar 28th, 2017, 3:28 am
Mar 31st, 2017, 3:58 pm
I get a lot of messages asking me to update links because they supposedly lead to wrong books.
So I thought to get an explanation here in the open (so I can just link or copy/paste it :lol: )

This is because download managers can get "confused" with files with the same name.
Before knowing this, I used to upload all my files named something generic like "archive.zip" (to prevent them from being deleted).
If this happens again, just download the files regularly using your browser and you'll get the correct book.

When my older links will be down I'll update them with new ones (this time with a —I hope— unique filename).
But I'm not going back to redo all my links just for kicks… just skip the download manager if you incur this issue and you'll be fine :)
Mar 31st, 2017, 3:58 pm
Apr 10th, 2017, 4:44 am
Question that doesn't seem to need its own thread, but I've been having a problem for a few months, and it's just gotten stranger. Every time I go to a uploads.to link, I get their DDOS protection page. The two computers I use have good antivirus/malware/spyware protection. I use multiple networks, so I'm connecting from two computers, four or five networks. I consistently get the DDOS landing page. I've contacted Cloudflare which provides the DDOS protection, and they want a credit card number to even look into it.

Any idea what to do to fix this? It's weird it would affect both computers, and it can't be dependent on IP address, since it occurs on several networks. Cloudflare seems unwilling to investigate.

libertybelle wrote:This filehost has been acting badly for a long time, but we can usually manage to download if we follow the instructions in the .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file topic. Changing browsers also helps, good luck!
Apr 10th, 2017, 4:44 am
Apr 17th, 2017, 9:18 pm
I have some questions about posting a release:

1) If I have a retail version of a book that someone else has posted earlier - what is the procedure to use if I want to post the retail version?

2) If an inactive poster has 3 books released on the same page and all the links are dead - how do I post a new release if I only have 2 of the books?

iheartbooks77 wrote: You can find all the answers to your questions in our eBook Section Rules

Question 1,
Reposting releases (bad quality files, ARC files, absent posters)
  • Bad quality files/Obsolete formats: Contact a moderator if you can offer a better quality file than the one already posted. Posters of lesser quality files will have the right to replace with better versions within 24 hours from notice before the post is removed to make way for a new release.

Question 2, the same procedure applies when reposting an old release, whether it be 1 or 2 books or all books.
  • Absent/Inactive posters: Releases by absent/inactive posters can be reposted without previous notice, simply post a new release and a reply in the old thread with the announcement: "OP inactive, reposted here (link)".
      Important:
    • Make sure the Original Poster is no longer active before reposting a release. If there is no signature indicating that the OP is not replacing links, check the 'last visited' info in the user's profile: posters are considered absent after 4 weeks since the last login. If in doubt, contact a moderator.
    • Make sure all the links are dead before reposting.
  • Apr 17th, 2017, 9:18 pm
    Apr 18th, 2017, 7:04 am
    Thank you,iheartbooks77, for helping me out! I have a neuropsychiatric disorder that makes me smarter than most, but also makes it harder for me to see the whole picture - I get lost in details. So when I try to read the rules I am like Bambi on ice and ask very stupid questions. Thank you for pointing out to me where in the rules I can get the correct answers! :)
    Apr 18th, 2017, 7:04 am

Just PM me If ALL links are dead.
    Apr 18th, 2017, 3:38 pm
    No question is Stupid.... Only the ones not asked!
    Apr 18th, 2017, 3:38 pm
    Apr 18th, 2017, 11:46 pm
    If another user has posted an e-book that I compiled, and I've updated and revised that e-book, what is the process for superseding the other user's post?

merry60 wrote:If your file is of better quality, regardless of its source, the procedure is explained in the Rules under the title "Reposting releases (bad quality files, ARC files, absent posters)". Please see the moderator's reply a couple of posts above yours, thanks.
    Apr 18th, 2017, 11:46 pm
    May 8th, 2017, 7:40 pm
    Hi!
    I'm having some trouble figuring what to do when you find a book, but all the links posted expired and the OP is inactive. Is there any way for someone to fix those links or should I simply request the book?
    Thank you very much~

merry60 wrote:That would be point 4 in the section of the Rules called "New links requests":

• If the Original Poster is no longer active (see profile) or not replacing links, post in the topic or PM a moderator with a link to the thread so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else.
    May 8th, 2017, 7:40 pm
    May 8th, 2017, 9:05 pm
    Apropos Myn's query, how does one determine the activity status of a private, paranoid or extra special Original Poster whose "Last visited" field contains a dash (-) instead of a date and time because they have hidden their online status. Of course, what I am really asking is, what procedure we should follow. I next look at "Search user’s posts" to see if there is any recent activity there, but if there isn't, must we still send them a PM requesting a link refresh?

merry60 wrote:The rule of thumb is always the same: If in doubt, PM a moderator. Even when OPs choose to hide their status online, the site keeps logs that moderators can check for you. Don't waste your time with PMs that may end up unread.
    May 8th, 2017, 9:05 pm
    May 17th, 2017, 10:17 pm
    Hi! How do I open an audio book on my Samsung Tablet?

bunnylips wrote: You need an audio player app that will play the MP3 or whatever format you the audio book is in. I'm not sure what app Samsung ships with, but you will open it, and navigate to the folder where your audio book is stored on the device. The supplied player may not play .M4A/.M4B formats however; so you might have have to find an app that does.

PM me if you need any details.
    May 17th, 2017, 10:17 pm
    May 18th, 2017, 5:00 pm
    Torontoblonde722 wrote:Hi! How do I open an audio book on my Samsung Tablet?

bunnylips wrote: You need an audio player app that will play the MP3 or whatever format you the audio book is in. I'm not sure what app Samsung ships with, but you will open it, and navigate to the folder where your audio book is stored on the device. The supplied player may not play .M4A/.M4B formats however; so you might have have to find an app that does.

PM me if you need any details.

Thanks. I am totally lost. I have tried so much and can't figure out how to open audio files. It just says 'no application to perform this'.
    May 18th, 2017, 5:00 pm
    Jun 4th, 2017, 12:39 pm
    Can someone help please? Occasionally a downlosd will be in .bin format. I am at a loss for how to open or even use such files. I am using android

EDIT I tried changing extension to .epub and all was well.
    Jun 4th, 2017, 12:39 pm
    Jun 4th, 2017, 1:21 pm
    Over the last 2 or 3 days, I've been having difficulty downloading from uploadocean.com links.

Clicking on the blue arrow return a 'file not found' message most of the time (8 times out of 10?), even though the file is live on the site.
    Example: the link on this page brings the 'download-link not found' message (pic below), yet the file is live on the site.

When I try to access the site directly, I often (not always) get a red 'unsafe site' page.
    If I continue past the 'unsafe site' warning to the download page, the same 'unsafe site' page appears when I try to download the file, and the file is removed by Windows anyway.

W10 + Chrome.

Any suggestion welcome.
    Thanks.

merry60 wrote:UploadOcean appears to have added even more ads and pop-ups recently, but nothing that can't be bypassed by simply closing the new tabs that appear when you try to remove the check mark from the box offering their downloader, as instructed here: viewtopic.php?p=1590162#1590162 . Otherwise you will be downloading something else that Windows will remove.

You can either install more adblockers like Ublock origin or switch browsers, Chrome finds most filehosts unsafe. I just downloaded the ePUB file mentioned above using FF, Opera, Edge and Vivaldi, with W10.

The problem with the Premium downloader will be better addressed by Disk4mat in the Premium topic: viewtopic.php?p=947778#947778 , ok? thanks.
    Jun 4th, 2017, 1:21 pm
    Jun 4th, 2017, 5:50 pm
    @Godwod, I see the issue, it should be resolved shortly.

bunnylips wrote: Thanks Disk4mat! The issue has been resolved :)
    Jun 4th, 2017, 5:50 pm
    Jun 8th, 2017, 8:01 pm
    Is there any separate thread for requesting books which are free on kindle unlimited..? Or any way to know who are the members with kindle unlimited subscription..?

bunnylips wrote: Should you want to request a book, never use the "k" word, ok? It will be edited out. Treat the book as any other book request.
    Jun 8th, 2017, 8:01 pm