Oct 6th, 2014, 1:04 am
Thank you Arko, I have PMed the OP. She is very active on the site, so hope to hear back from her soon.
Oct 6th, 2014, 1:04 am
Oct 8th, 2014, 4:41 pm
Am I the only one having troubles with Zippyshare? It's usually so easy to use, but now there's no response and the premium downloader gives a "download link not found" message :?

merry60 wrote:Disk4mat is looking into the problem with the premium and Zippyshare, no problem with the host itself if links provided are used directly.
Oct 8th, 2014, 4:41 pm
Oct 8th, 2014, 6:16 pm
This rule in the e-book section...

"Requested mirrors must have the requesting post quoted in the mirror post."

Does it mean that if I want a book from a different file host I need to ask for it in the OP's post, where he/ posted the links to the book?
I thought we weren't allowed to post there? Confused :?
Oct 8th, 2014, 6:16 pm
Oct 8th, 2014, 7:13 pm
canmus wrote:This rule in the e-book section...

"Requested mirrors must have the requesting post quoted in the mirror post."

Does it mean that if I want a book from a different file host I need to ask for it in the OP's post, where he/ posted the links to the book?
I thought we weren't allowed to post there? Confused :?
Not really, those are actually two different issues though I see how it all may be a bit confusing.

1. "Requested mirrors must have the requesting post quoted in the mirror post." means that mirrors are only allowed when approved by a moderator, so the person providing the mirror must quote the moderator who requested it. The quote in the post will make the mirror legit at a glance.

2. If you want a mirror from a different file host you must ask the OP via PM. Only if/when the OP cannot provide a more user-friendly mirror will you be allowed to post in the thread. When a moderator reads in your post that you received a negative response from the OP, the rules will be followed and a mirror from a different file host will be requested.

If in doubt, always contact a moderator :D
Oct 8th, 2014, 7:13 pm
Oct 8th, 2014, 8:19 pm
merry60 wrote:Disk4mat is looking into the problem with the premium and Zippyshare, no problem with the host itself if links provided are used directly.

Thanks, Merry! If it helps Disk4mat, I can't open the direct links either. It's like the button doesn't work (I'm at the office and using an old Explorer 8... I'll try again at home)
Oct 8th, 2014, 8:19 pm
Oct 9th, 2014, 5:48 am
I'm having trouble using "search" just now. I usually find ebooks by searching the author's name or the title of the book or series and it used to post results of all that author's books or all the books with the title, but now I get "No suitable matches were found." Is there something wrong with the search button that it's not coming up with the stuff I wanted to find?
Oct 9th, 2014, 5:48 am
Oct 9th, 2014, 6:05 am
Sometimes the search fails, it's been fixed now. Next time it happens try this Google custom search instead.
Oct 9th, 2014, 6:05 am
Oct 9th, 2014, 9:10 pm
I have two questions, if I may; first, I'm fairly new so I'm unsure and don't want to do anything wrong, if you request something, and a person replies with a link to a thread of someone else's already up, do you pay that as a request fulfilled (I was just unsure since they didn't actually get the book themselves for you but didn't want to miss paying out if I should!)

Second question; someone posted this on another page; "Keeping the requests forum neat and organized is one of the reasons why we limit the number of bumps per user (two) and the total number of bumps overall, (six to eight) if we didn't, a request could potentially stay in the system for months without it's being fulfilled, and make a real mess out of the forum." --------- what does that mean about the bumps part? the requirement.... I think I may be breaking the rules about that and I want to make sure I understand, please. What is the min/max per user/book/in general a person is allowed for bumps?

Thanks in advance!
Oct 9th, 2014, 9:10 pm

Please click the THANKS button. It costs nothing to you.
If both links are dead on one of my posts, please use the RE-UPLOAD button next to the thanks.
Oct 10th, 2014, 12:04 am
1 - If someone posts a link to a book already released on site (whether it's theirs or not) you still owe a reward for it -Minimum 10WRZ$ - to the user that posted the link to the request. You can always push the Thank You button on the posted release, but you have to donate the reward to the user posting the link to the request. The rule reads "first to post a valid link" that means any active link that leads to a free download. We enforce this rule when it comes to books already posted on-site to encourage you to search the site BEFORE posting a request. You have no idea how many times us moderators read the words "I didn't know that" when all you have to do is search beforehand.

2 - If you post the request yourself (filled out the template with all the required information) you can only "bump" the thread twice after the original post. A bump refers to any reply made by you or another user, to the original post (OP).

i.e. bump, anyone?, I need this book, please post, I want it!, etc.

If you are bumping another user's request, you can only do so TWO times, no more.

The overall bump limit being kept at 6 or 7, refers to the total number of bumps we allow for each particular thread before they become unwieldy and take too much of our time to police. If a request hasn't been fulfilled at 6 or 7 bumps, it isn't more likely to be fulfilled if it had 8 or more.

Please take the time to read the rules for the section and for each sub-forum. It helps.

eBook Rules: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=221908

eBook Requests rules: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=12143

Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.s) Tricks, and Tips: viewtopic.php?f=1300&t=822297
Oct 10th, 2014, 12:04 am
Oct 10th, 2014, 11:03 pm
Thank you Merry for your reply...I THINK I get it.
Oct 10th, 2014, 11:03 pm
Oct 11th, 2014, 6:33 am
Hi when i made search through normal and custom search. Got this result

AND

Does sometime custom search not works? :?
Oct 11th, 2014, 6:33 am
Oct 11th, 2014, 7:05 am
You need to start leaving out the periods ( . ) and any hyphens ( - ) or commas ( , )

If you will notice you put a J in the search it wasn't there in the search that came up :)

Sometimes just the Authors last name works
Oct 11th, 2014, 7:05 am
Oct 11th, 2014, 8:01 am
Weelee wrote:You need to start leaving out the periods ( . ) and any hyphens ( - ) or commas ( , )

If you will notice you put a J in the search it wasn't there in the search that came up :)

Sometimes just the Authors last name works

Thank you Lee
Oct 11th, 2014, 8:01 am
Oct 12th, 2014, 11:32 pm
Hello,

If the links to a book I want are dead and the OP has been inactive for 10 weeks, do I need to go through the steps of PMing him or can I go ahead and make a new request?
Oct 12th, 2014, 11:32 pm
Oct 13th, 2014, 1:45 am
canmus wrote:Hello,

If the links to a book I want are dead and the OP has been inactive for 10 weeks, do I need to go through the steps of PMing him or can I go ahead and make a new request?

No, you needn't PM in such cases. When the OP has been inactive over 4 weeks, you can simply post in the thread that the links are dead. A mod will see that post, verify that the OP is inactive (and that all links are indeed dead), expire the release and post that a new release would be welcome. Hopefully, someone will shortly come along and post the new release. :)

You can check whether an user is active, or not, by clicking on their profile button and checking when they last logged on to the site.

1 - 4+ weeks, the user is considered inactive and we can either remove, or expire, releases.
2 - 1 to 4 weeks, the user is considered absent, and we can post a mirror request.
3 - Less than 1 week, a PM requesting new links must be sent, and a reasonable re-upload amount of time given to the OP before we can ask for mirrors. 2-3 days to be fair.

Dead link requests
  • Please PM the ORIGINAL POSTER with re-up requests
  • If you do not get a reply within few days you can request a new link from other users by replying to the topic, explaining you received no response from the Original Poster.
Oct 13th, 2014, 1:45 am