May 31st, 2019, 12:17 am
I just did a bad thing,
I posted my first request. Then I realized I forgot to include the format (epub, pdf etc) . I went to look for my post and over looked it. Thinking my post was deleted I made another. Then I came across this
"Note: If you do all this and still get part of it wrong, be forewarned, you cannot edit in the requests section (too many have mis-used that privilege before).
So what do you do? Simple, just PM a Mod and tell us what needs to be fixed, or what you would like added, deleted, or changed, and we will fix it for you. Please do NOT post another message post in the request with the change (Also, do not start post a new, identical, updated, revised version of the same request). This will be seen as a bump post. Thank you"

So I managed to break the rules twice on my very first request. I'm very very sorry I did this. I read all the rules but they went in one ear and out the proverbial other ear. Again, I deeply apologize. :(
May 31st, 2019, 12:17 am
May 31st, 2019, 12:27 am
Yeah, man, what a loser. None of the rest of us *EVER* did that. ;)
May 31st, 2019, 12:27 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
May 31st, 2019, 4:41 am
sniff57 wrote:I just did a bad thing,
I posted my first request. Then I realized I forgot to include the format (epub, pdf etc) . I went to look for my post and over looked it. Thinking my post was deleted I made another. Then I came across this
"Note: If you do all this and still get part of it wrong, be forewarned, you cannot edit in the requests section (too many have mis-used that privilege before).
So what do you do? Simple, just PM a Mod and tell us what needs to be fixed, or what you would like added, deleted, or changed, and we will fix it for you. Please do NOT post another message post in the request with the change (Also, do not start post a new, identical, updated, revised version of the same request). This will be seen as a bump post. Thank you"

So I managed to break the rules twice on my very first request. I'm very very sorry I did this. I read all the rules but they went in one ear and out the proverbial other ear. Again, I deeply apologize. :(

Hello, it's OK, don't worry about it. I have removed your duplicate request. In the future you don't need to create a new one, you can ask us to edit you request. Thanks.
May 31st, 2019, 4:41 am

Jun 4th, 2019, 5:39 am
Quick question: is it allowed to post a request for an audiobook?
I mostly see only epub and pdf requests, but there are some audio releases, so I'm not quite sure.
Jun 4th, 2019, 5:39 am
Jun 4th, 2019, 7:42 am
AriaMontgomery wrote:Quick question: is it allowed to post a request for an audiobook?
I mostly see only epub and pdf requests, but there are some audio releases, so I'm not quite sure.

Yes, absolutely allowed. I've also seen audiobook requesters specify what file type they want, such as MP3.
Jun 4th, 2019, 7:42 am

I do not refresh dead Request links. Post another request in the Request Forum
I happily refresh my Release links. PM me from the PM button at the bottom of this page and include a link with your request.
Jun 4th, 2019, 7:51 am
AriaMontgomery wrote:Quick question: is it allowed to post a request for an audiobook?

You will find all the answers you need in the RULES:

How should the topic's title look like?
    • The topics title must be in a correct format to have a clear overview what is getting requested:
      [Title of Book] by [Name of Author] [AB, if requesting audiobooks]
Jun 4th, 2019, 7:51 am
Jun 4th, 2019, 9:37 pm
Sorry, long time user and thanker first time on the forum.

I found a book where both links are dead and the user is no longer uploading.
The expired thread said to contact the mods if this happens.
The user is noted as "Inactive User"
Does this mean the mods already know, or should I PM a mod?
Sorry for the question, just wanted to check in case it had already been sorted.
User is memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=555627 notengos
Jun 4th, 2019, 9:37 pm
Jun 4th, 2019, 10:46 pm
cathrinerose wrote:Sorry, long time user and thanker first time on the forum.

I found a book where both links are dead and the user is no longer uploading.
The expired thread said to contact the mods if this happens.
The user is noted as "Inactive User"
Does this mean the mods already know, or should I PM a mod?
Sorry for the question, just wanted to check in case it had already been sorted.

There is no need to PM the mods, the user is indeed labelled as "Inactive Poster" so we are aware that the account was left abandoned with over 33.000 releases. But the only way for those dead releases to be sorted is one at a time, not in bulk, and the procedure is explained in the Rules under the bullet "New links requests":

eBook Section Rules

• If the Original Poster is no longer active or banned (see profile) or not replacing links as per the signature, post in the topic (e.g. "Links dead, OP inactive") so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else.
Jun 4th, 2019, 10:46 pm
Jun 5th, 2019, 8:45 am
merry60 wrote:
eBook Section Rules

• If the Original Poster is no longer active or banned (see profile) or not replacing links as per the signature, post in the topic (e.g. "Links dead, OP inactive") so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else.

Ah, my search terms were not precise enough, I didn't see that line. thank you for your help.
Jun 5th, 2019, 8:45 am
Jul 9th, 2019, 7:22 pm
uploadrar.com limits download speed to 20kbps which is as slow as nitroF. They allow one download per two minutes.
--> Disallowed filehosts list?
Jul 9th, 2019, 7:22 pm
Jul 9th, 2019, 9:55 pm
aeLqsNFQpcyjjyxAbFLx wrote:uploadrar.com limits download speed to 20kbps which is as slow as nitroF. They allow one download per two minutes.
--> Disallowed filehosts list?
It must have been a temporary issue, but if the problem persists you may need to check your settings. I just downloaded a file from Uploadrar using two different browsers, see the speeds:

Jul 9th, 2019, 9:55 pm
Jul 13th, 2019, 10:18 am
I used Chrome to download epub file from Uploadproper.net but many time it said The file may be degerous, so Chrome has blocked it. Please tell me how to fix it as I know for sure the file is OK.
Jul 13th, 2019, 10:18 am
Jul 13th, 2019, 1:49 pm
quanghaiday wrote:I used Chrome to download epub file from Uploadproper.net but many time it said The file may be degerous, so Chrome has blocked it. Please tell me how to fix it as I know for sure the file is OK.

You will find the solution to your problem here: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file. Scroll all the way down to the last UPDATE (March 19, 2019).

Alternatively, you can read this topic, first point: Premium System FAQ
Jul 13th, 2019, 1:49 pm
Jul 14th, 2019, 10:38 pm
I've searched everywhere and now I'm finally asking: Is it actually possible to download a book file from upload4earn.org? I've tried in 3 different browsers with every single ad blocker and security feature turned off and I'm still not getting a link to the book. Check it out: (link removed by moderator)

merry60 wrote:The site Upload4earn is closed, they shut down unexpectedly back in April. We removed it from our list of supported hosts but there's nothing we can do about the thousands of links that they killed in one fell swoop.

http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=6445981#6445981
http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=6446902#6446902
Jul 14th, 2019, 10:38 pm