Jul 15th, 2019, 6:34 pm
I’m so sorry to bother you. I have recently joined your amazing site and eventually got to grips with the sharing books! Now I’m sharing, I noticed when someone posts to me saying thank you and reward paid’ am I not meant to post back saying “yes, reward was paid”? Only I can’t find a reply button? A box (like this one) or forward? Nothing! I don’t want to make more work for you guys, but I did notice one of you did reply for me saying reward was paid. If someone could possibly tell me how I can reply myself then that’s one less thing for you to do. I don’t want you thinking I’m too lazy to reply! I’m not... Honest!! Gosh sorry this is a long one :-))
Jul 15th, 2019, 6:34 pm
Jul 16th, 2019, 8:11 am
Mummyjo70 wrote:I’m so sorry to bother you. I have recently joined your amazing site and eventually got to grips with the sharing books! Now I’m sharing, I noticed when someone posts to me saying thank you and reward paid’ am I not meant to post back saying “yes, reward was paid”? Only I can’t find a reply button? A box (like this one) or forward? Nothing! I don’t want to make more work for you guys, but I did notice one of you did reply for me saying reward was paid. If someone could possibly tell me how I can reply myself then that’s one less thing for you to do. I don’t want you thinking I’m too lazy to reply! I’m not... Honest!! Gosh sorry this is a long one :-))

It helps when you post "Reward received", but sometimes we get to the request before you do and check the donation before you post. No reply window means that the request has been moved and locked by a mod and no more replies allowed, don't worry about it. :)
Jul 16th, 2019, 8:11 am

Jul 17th, 2019, 12:47 am
Hi :)

I’m having trouble downloading books when I click the blue arrow. The following message appears:

'files/ is selected as your download path and it is not writable. Please chmod it to 777'

I’ve no idea what this means so any help would be appreciated! Thank you.
Jul 17th, 2019, 12:47 am
Jul 17th, 2019, 2:15 am
I'm also getting the same error message as GreenBird ... please help! Thank you!
Jul 17th, 2019, 2:15 am
Jul 17th, 2019, 2:57 am
GreenBird wrote:Hi :)

I’m having trouble downloading books when I click the blue arrow. The following message appears:

'files/ is selected as your download path and it is not writable. Please chmod it to 777'

I’ve no idea what this means so any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

Have given the problem to Disk4mat :) no doubt he will be working on it, as we speak ....please have patient and it'll be up and running in no time

Just use the links in the meantime until fixed

EDIT: fixed now :) http://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?p=6663188#6663188
Jul 17th, 2019, 2:57 am
Jul 17th, 2019, 11:55 pm
Thank you!
Jul 17th, 2019, 11:55 pm
Jul 19th, 2019, 5:51 pm
If I find the book I am looking for in a request that was filled but the link is dead can I make new request or is there some other procedure?
Also is it against the rules to ask for the book the person who made the request? As they are bound to have the book.
Jul 19th, 2019, 5:51 pm
Jul 19th, 2019, 8:32 pm
BardamuDestouches wrote:If I find the book I am looking for in a request that was filled but the link is dead can I make new request or is there some other procedure?
Also is it against the rules to ask for the book the person who made the request? As they are bound to have the book.
If the book hasn't been posted in Releases then your only option is to make a new request. Many people are bound to have the book, but unfortunately asking outside of the Requests section would be against the Rules. Check out the line in red in the first bullet, and scroll all the way down to the entry titled "Important".
Jul 19th, 2019, 8:32 pm
Aug 1st, 2019, 1:33 pm
Could I please have a clarification for a different but somewhat similar case?
A request was filled a little over a week ago. The links are not dead, but the folders at the file host are empty; in other words, the requested books are not there. I can only guess that they were removed at a later stage.
Do I still post a new request, even though the old one looks "live"?

merry60 wrote:If you cannot download from the link in an existing request, go ahead and request again.
Aug 1st, 2019, 1:33 pm

I really appreciate if you turn any request I fill into a release so that the books stay available. I "only" fill requests, sometimes not online and so not able to guarantee live links.
Aug 6th, 2019, 11:52 pm
Can I ask what happened to mobilism premium?

I have no blue arrows on any links.
Aug 6th, 2019, 11:52 pm
Aug 7th, 2019, 4:46 am
Justtrace wrote:Can I ask what happened to mobilism premium?

I have no blue arrows on any links.

If you look closer I believe you will find that it was just the dropapk links that were missing a blue arrow temporarily. They changed their domain name unexpectedly and we had to update our filehosts listing for the downloader to properly work with them again. Unfortunately, Dropapk is a popular filehost with our uploaders so it affected a lot of posts today. The situation has been resolved now. If you are still not seeing the blue links for Dropapk, try refreshing your filehosts.xml - just click that link and then hold down the shift key and hit the refresh button.
Aug 7th, 2019, 4:46 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Aug 26th, 2019, 7:30 pm
I have a book that I downloaded from here, last week. All the quotation marks and apostrophe's are symbols. I was able to replace the symbols that should have been apostrophe's, using Calibre, but it also removed the symbols that were supposed to be the quotations, but didn't replace them with quotations....new everything reads together, with no stops. Is there any way this can be fixed easily, or should I ask the poster to possibly fix it, if able? Thank-you in advance for any help here.
Aug 26th, 2019, 7:30 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Aug 26th, 2019, 8:52 pm
debrar wrote:I have a book that I downloaded from here, last week. All the quotation marks and apostrophe's are symbols. I was able to replace the symbols that should have been apostrophe's, using Calibre, but it also removed the symbols that were supposed to be the quotations, but didn't replace them with quotations....new everything reads together, with no stops. Is there any way this can be fixed easily, or should I ask the poster to possibly fix it, if able? Thank-you in advance for any help here.

This problem is usually fixed by changing the character encoding in the "look and feel > text" option in Calibre. But you should report the post anyway so we can remove the bad quality file and request a new release with one of better quality, it is the only way to maintain high quality standards in our section, thank you!
Aug 26th, 2019, 8:52 pm
Aug 26th, 2019, 9:00 pm
Thank-you, merry60, I'll report it......and see if I can correct it further in Calibre.
Aug 26th, 2019, 9:00 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.