Jul 30th, 2020, 1:07 pm
What do I do if I want to request for a fullfilled audiobook but with a different narrator?
Jul 30th, 2020, 1:07 pm
Jul 30th, 2020, 5:20 pm
Sobele wrote:What do I do if I want to request for a fullfilled audiobook but with a different narrator?

Make sure you include the above information in your request and add the name of the narrator that you are looking for.
Jul 30th, 2020, 5:20 pm
Aug 7th, 2020, 2:16 pm
Yes! Its amazing and very useful the eBook on the same platform and lots of knowledge is here.
just happy to be the part of this forum.
Aug 7th, 2020, 2:16 pm
Aug 20th, 2020, 12:19 am
What should i do if i would like a book reuploaded but the original uploader is no longer a member. Thx so much
Aug 20th, 2020, 12:19 am
Aug 20th, 2020, 4:00 am
mlr wrote:What should i do if i would like a book reuploaded but the original uploader is no longer a member. Thx so much

If the links are dead: add to the thread "Links Dead, user inactive"

A Mod will expire it for you and hopefully someone will repost it from the expired section :)

eBook Section Rules
Aug 20th, 2020, 4:00 am
Sep 7th, 2020, 1:35 pm
What is the way to request a new link to an audiobook that is hosted on a website which has been down for a couple of weeks? Thank you.
Sep 7th, 2020, 1:35 pm
Sep 7th, 2020, 2:27 pm
thestubbornone wrote:What is the way to request a new link to an audiobook that is hosted on a website which has been down for a couple of weeks? Thank you.

There are two links in all audiobook posts. If for whatever reason neither of them is working, you must follow the Rules and explain the situation to the poster:

eBook Section Rules

New links requests
  • Please PM (Private Message) the ORIGINAL POSTER (OP) with re-up requests.
Sep 7th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Sep 7th, 2020, 3:04 pm
merry60 wrote:
thestubbornone wrote:What is the way to request a new link to an audiobook that is hosted on a website which has been down for a couple of weeks? Thank you.

There are two links in all audiobook posts. If for whatever reason neither of them is working, you must follow the Rules and explain the situation to the poster:

eBook Section Rules

New links requests
  • Please PM (Private Message) the ORIGINAL POSTER (OP) with re-up requests.

Thank you. This link was only given in a request post, not a release post. I have tried reaching out to the OP, but no response. Shall I leave it longer, or is there another approach? Thank you.
Sep 7th, 2020, 3:04 pm
Sep 7th, 2020, 3:08 pm
thestubbornone wrote:Thank you. This link was only given in a request post, not a release post. I have tried reaching out to the OP, but no response. Shall I leave it longer, or is there another approach? Thank you.

I am sorry but no, you cannot request new links in request posts, please read:

Requests RULES

Important: Links in requests are NOT meant to be replaced when they die. A request is a one-time deal: once filled and rewarded, the topic is moved to the Fulfilled section and locked (no further editing possible). You are not to send private messages to fulfillers asking for new links, you must request again. Thank you.
Sep 7th, 2020, 3:08 pm
Sep 9th, 2020, 4:46 pm
disclaimer: I admit I'm not very tech savvy but ive had a lot of problems lately when trying to download books. I keep getting these weird versions with an orange traffic cone that try to open up as VLC. they look to me like audio versions but they never open up. I have the latest MacOS and obviously im not what I'm doing wrong.....any help would be appreciated
Sep 9th, 2020, 4:46 pm
Sep 9th, 2020, 5:29 pm
sherylwa wrote:disclaimer: I admit I'm not very tech savvy but ive had a lot of problems lately when trying to download books. I keep getting these weird versions with an orange traffic cone that try to open up as VLC. they look to me like audio versions but they never open up. I have the latest MacOS and obviously im not what I'm doing wrong.....any help would be appreciated

Most filehosts are difficult to navigate, that's why we have a topic with instructions, I hope you'll find it useful:

.exe or Virus warning after downloading a file (Download instructions)

If after following the steps you still can't get rid of the traffic cone, send me a private message with the link that you have trouble with and I'll see what I can do, no problem.

Edit: fixed.
Sep 9th, 2020, 5:29 pm
Sep 9th, 2020, 11:11 pm
sherylwa wrote:disclaimer: I admit I'm not very tech savvy but ive had a lot of problems lately when trying to download books. I keep getting these weird versions with an orange traffic cone that try to open up as VLC. they look to me like audio versions but they never open up. I have the latest MacOS and obviously im not what I'm doing wrong.....any help would be appreciated

The orange traffic cone is VLC Media Player's icon. I use it myself for certain things. If you're downloading books (either audio or ebook) and you don't want them opening with VLC, you need to set your default programs to open with your app of choice. This is done in the settings of your operating system. I use Windows, which allows me to set those defaults by extension if I want. I'm sure Macs have the same option.

You could also go into VLC and remove the file associations for that app. I assume the next time you open one of those removed extensions, your OS will ask you which app you want to use.
Sep 9th, 2020, 11:11 pm

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Sep 16th, 2020, 7:30 pm
I am still unclear on how to search in the advanced search box when it comes to authors with initials. I have tried for instance

r. cooper
r cooper
+r+cooper
"r. cooper"
"r cooper"
"+r+cooper"

I still get any authors or posts that have "cooper" in the title.

What am I doing wrong?

TIA!
Sep 16th, 2020, 7:30 pm
Sep 16th, 2020, 9:24 pm
Before I explain how to use the Advanced search for best results, please read this:

Subject: search doesn't work with short words

Disk4mat wrote:Getting good search on a site is incredibly complex. Even far larger sites than ours usually choose to use the search engines of companies that specialize in developing search engines (check cnn.com for example, the 27th biggest site in the US, and even they don't have their own search engine). Behemoths like Google have invested hundreds of millions of dollars into their algorithms and people nowadays are somewhat spoiled with the result. Small sites like ours cannot afford to do the same. The minimum characters indexed by our search is 3, anything less than that will not add anything to your results.

Alternatively, you can search like this by using google to only display results from mobilism.org:
site:mobilism.org EnterYourSearchTermsHere

Once we accept our limitations as Disk4mat explains, we understand that we will need to enter a bit more information in the Advanced search than just a few letters in a name. A title or a series should be enough, like this: https://images.mobilism.org/?dm=LJ4O7OVH

• Keywords: Cooper Familiar Spirits
• Search if forums: Romance
• Search subforums: Post subjects and message text

Results (all 3): search.php?keywords=Cooper+Familiar+Spirits&terms=all&author=&fid%5B%5D=1292&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=topics&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Sep 16th, 2020, 9:24 pm
Sep 16th, 2020, 10:55 pm
Ahh, ok. That makes sense. I didn't know that much about search engines except that some are Boolean(?) which still means very little me. I will keep working on it and I really appreciate you letting me know!
Sep 16th, 2020, 10:55 pm