Jun 27th, 2014, 12:20 am
Eros wrote:How do I recover a deleted post and draft?

If the draft was deleted then you can't, at least with an ordinary set-up.*

If the draft was saved and the post deleted, you can find it here:
ucp.php?i=main&mode=drafts

* If this was vital (or even if it wasn't), then I'd use it as a wake-up call and install something like Lazarus:
http://getlazarus.com

I've been using it a while and it has saved my ass dozens of times - one of the best plug-ins I have, after ad-blockers.
Jun 27th, 2014, 12:20 am

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Jun 27th, 2014, 9:23 pm
Carcosa wrote:If the draft was deleted then you can't, at least with an ordinary set-up.*

Ah, that's plain unfortunate for me then.... :oops:
I'll give Lazarus a try. Thanks Carcosa! :D
Jun 27th, 2014, 9:23 pm
Jun 28th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Carcosa, those are GREAT tips. SoooOOOoo good in fact, I think that I'm going to mirror them in Tech talk as a new conversation. Thank you for providing the answers, which is what we're trying to do in The Help Desk, direct the users to the correct resource and how to pages. Quick, succinct, helpful answers.

What we're trying to avoid is having users wade thru a lot of posts to get an answer, so if a topic needs further discussion, a PM conversation is more appropriate. If, as it is in this case, a more detailed explanation to the resources provided is necessary, I think that it would be a good idea to start a thread in the tech talk forum (or the appropriate forum) and direct the users to your expanded answer page. It would be helpful for two reasons, we can keep the questions and answers in the help thread contained, and by having its own thread, the answer page would be a searchable item for users looking for help with the same topic.

For that reason, I have moved all comments following the initial solution to Tech talk as a new conversation.

Thanks again, Carcosa.

How To Recover a Deleted Post or Draft
Jun 28th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Jun 30th, 2014, 9:31 pm
What do you do if something you posted has been assigned to the wrong forum? I just posted a fiction book and it has been put in the magazine forum
Jun 30th, 2014, 9:31 pm
Jun 30th, 2014, 9:51 pm
moldava wrote:What do you do if something you posted has been assigned to the wrong forum? I just posted a fiction book and it has been put in the magazine forum
You send a private message to a moderator and the mistake will be fixed right away.
Jun 30th, 2014, 9:51 pm
Jul 2nd, 2014, 7:08 pm
Ok, right now I'm feeling quite stupid hahah. I'm trying to upload an ebook release but after reading Post subject: READ BEFORE POSTING: How to post a release" I still can find how to actually post a book, I mean where is the button that says "post a new thread" or something like that??
Thnx in advanced

merry60 wrote:Asked and answered here, post #29
Jul 2nd, 2014, 7:08 pm
Jul 12th, 2014, 1:50 am
Can someone please help me? I'm trying to post a 3-book series and the template is only set up to post one book. I've never posted more than one book in a post, so I'm at a lost with the coding. I even tried to use someone else's coding from a release post as a basis for my coding, but I'm still all confused. :(
Jul 12th, 2014, 1:50 am
Jul 12th, 2014, 2:05 am
I'd be happy to help StFrank. Send me a PM and we'll get started on that release! :D
Jul 12th, 2014, 2:05 am
Jul 12th, 2014, 2:09 am
StFrank wrote:Can someone please help me? I'm trying to post a 3-book series and the template is only set up to post one book. I've never posted more than one book in a post, so I'm at a lost with the coding. I even tried to use someone else's coding from a release post as a basis for my coding, but I'm still all confused. :(

Hi StFrank

At the top you will have two images Image click on the standard and it will take you to a page like this Image

If a three book series in the Overview put the author info. The book series will go below the [ break ] command. Just make sure you put the books in series order and add 2 different download links. If you have additional questions feel free to ask or send me a pm.
Jul 12th, 2014, 2:09 am
Jul 12th, 2014, 2:44 am
Thanks, sunnysideup. I posted it. It was so simple that I feel like a dunce. Lol.
Jul 12th, 2014, 2:44 am
Jul 12th, 2014, 2:57 am
lol no your not StFrank. Just learning the ropes. I had the same problem when I first started :)
Jul 12th, 2014, 2:57 am
Jul 12th, 2014, 3:11 am
Haha, that's true. The thing I had the problem with was the multiple images for the book covers and figuring out where to put the book summaries. It didn't occur to me to start over with the standard field.

But, thanks. I got it now. :)

merry60 wrote:Sometimes it helps reading other users' questions to see if yours has been asked and answered as this one was: Post #44 Posting multiple covers
Jul 12th, 2014, 3:11 am
Jul 12th, 2014, 12:44 pm
hi, hello, I've just released an ebook and the post won't display the thank you button. What did I do wrong?

cheers!
Jul 12th, 2014, 12:44 pm
Jul 12th, 2014, 1:18 pm
mmin wrote:hi, hello, I've just released an ebook and the post won't display the thank you button. What did I do wrong?

cheers!

Hi mmin!

You didn't do anything wrong, the "Thank You" button will not appear on your post until a moderator has looked over and approved the post. :)
Jul 12th, 2014, 1:18 pm
Jul 17th, 2014, 8:50 am
If I were to post an audio book, how do I split it up into manageable lengths? Most of the prospective releases would be beefy by any standards but I believe they are too much so for here (800 mb going to 1.5 gb). I looked through some postings to get a general idea of what is allowed or tolerated without breaking up. Seems like maybe 500 mb is the highest.

Is this the case or is there a hard line like ebooks (which I believe caps at 200 mb at most for a series and 80 mb for one book---could be wrong).
Jul 17th, 2014, 8:50 am

Please click Thank You if you download a release. Every bit helps. Now I thank you, in advance, for your consideration. :)

If my links ever go down, please PM and I will update as fast as I can.