Jan 19th, 2020, 11:53 am
Hi, Not sure if its my laptop but Im struggling to see a lot of images at the moment - just says image but no photo. Its only just happened?
Jan 19th, 2020, 11:53 am

LoopyLoo
Jan 19th, 2020, 12:14 pm
LoopyLoo88 wrote:Hi, Not sure if its my laptop but Im struggling to see a lot of images at the moment - just says image but no photo. Its only just happened?

Not just you and not just now, the image hoster Tinypic shut down on September 9th, 2019. Unfortunately, several years' worth of images uploaded before our own service became mandatory are now gone.
Jan 19th, 2020, 12:14 pm
Online
Jan 19th, 2020, 12:59 pm
Hi merry60 thanks for that but I was looking at this mornings releases - heres one to use as an example:- viewtopic.php?f=1293&t=3484751


merry60 wrote:Nothing wrong with that image, or any other recent one: http://prntscr.com/qpsdxb
Must have been a temporary glitch on your system.

Edit: the problem seems to have been caused by new settings in McAfee, fixed now.
Jan 19th, 2020, 12:59 pm
Jan 31st, 2020, 2:04 am
Why are horror novels being put into the fantasy/sci fi catagory?
Jan 31st, 2020, 2:04 am
Jan 31st, 2020, 8:33 am
Jan 31st, 2020, 8:33 am
Online
Feb 16th, 2020, 4:49 am
Hello,

under user groups there's one status "Major eBook Contributor" - how does someone gets it?
Feb 16th, 2020, 4:49 am

Bibliotheca Alexandina - June update is live

If you enjoyed the book i've filled and want to help im looking for Overdrive, Ebsco and Proquest.. :angel:

Image
Feb 16th, 2020, 9:25 am
NeverWinter wrote:Hello,

under user groups there's one status "Major eBook Contributor" - how does someone gets it?

This special status is granted to members who have made major contributions in the Requests section by fulfilling a significant number of requests with good quality files for an extended period of time.
Feb 16th, 2020, 9:25 am
Online
Feb 16th, 2020, 6:05 pm
merry60 wrote:
NeverWinter wrote:Hello,

under user groups there's one status "Major eBook Contributor" - how does someone gets it?

This special status is granted to members who have made major contributions in the Requests section by fulfilling a significant number of requests with good quality files for an extended period of time.



Thanks for the quick answer, is there a range we can look after? Hundreds, thousands..

Thanks :)
Feb 16th, 2020, 6:05 pm

Bibliotheca Alexandina - June update is live

If you enjoyed the book i've filled and want to help im looking for Overdrive, Ebsco and Proquest.. :angel:

Image
Feb 16th, 2020, 6:51 pm
NeverWinter wrote:Thanks for the quick answer, is there a range we can look after? Hundreds, thousands..

Thanks :)

There's no hard and fast rule, I'm afraid. Basically, when the moderators notice the consistency, quality of files (and hosts) and a positive attitude by a fulfiller, they'll propose the name as a candidate for promotion. Then all the mods will vote on the potential candidates, just like we do for the Major Ebook Releasers.
Feb 16th, 2020, 6:51 pm

“Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.”
― Mark Twain

Image
Feb 29th, 2020, 6:36 pm
Hello, hope I'm in the right section and this hasn't been already asked a million times. After I bumped my request two times and the topic disappears from the request section unfulfilled, am I allowed to create a new topic for the same request? And how long should I wait? I don't want to spam :wink:
Thank you!
Feb 29th, 2020, 6:36 pm
Feb 29th, 2020, 11:00 pm
nakizukichan wrote:Hello, hope I'm in the right section and this hasn't been already asked a million times. After I bumped my request two times and the topic disappears from the request section unfulfilled, am I allowed to create a new topic for the same request? And how long should I wait? I don't want to spam :wink:
Thank you!

There is no reason for you not to request again once the topic has been deleted by the system, there can be no spam if the original request is gone. No need to wait at all, go ahead and post and better luck this time!
Feb 29th, 2020, 11:00 pm
Online
Mar 5th, 2020, 12:49 pm
@merry60

Months ago, I posted a few files of mine with a header on one (1) page only. I got a message from you about some anon users apparently being annoyed by it and you yourself told me that "it is just as spamming as any other banner from other sites".
Now, I assume no one is complaining to you about PDFs like this one for example viewtopic.php?f=123&t=3550616 with has both a header and a footer (the latter a web link, which is a no-no AFAIK)
Am I seeing some double standards here?
Mar 5th, 2020, 12:49 pm
Mar 5th, 2020, 2:19 pm
Dear marooned2, if I rephrase your question like this:

"@merry60, are you aware that there is a PDF uploaded with both a header and a footer (the latter a web link, which is a no-no at Mobilism AFAIK)?"

Then my answer would be no, I was not aware because I haven't received any complaints and obviously, I don't download everything that gets posted here.

As it happens, your very public and rather confrontational report had an echo and a moderator deleted the post immediately, as we always do when we receive a report (that's what the report button is for, actually). You are free to post the magazine now, if that's what you were after. Just remember: your name on the header is still a no-no. Thanks for the report.
Mar 5th, 2020, 2:19 pm
Online
Mar 31st, 2020, 4:30 am
Hi,
I hope you can help me with my question, all the links were dead on an ebook I was looking at and I PM'd the OP and didn't hear back. I posted a request for assistance on the "Request New Links" topic and have not heard back. Did I post my request in the proper place? If not, can you tell me where I should post It? Thank you for your help. :)
Mar 31st, 2020, 4:30 am
Mar 31st, 2020, 9:02 am
The "New Link Requests" topic is just informative, an extract from the actual Rules. It was intended to dissuade users from posting in release topics requesting new links, that's why it says 'please read': http://prntscr.com/rpyfok

What the Rules actually say is that if you don't get a reply from the OP (of a topic), you can post in that topic, the one that you are trying to download from, or to contact a moderator.

Please send me the link to the release topic that you are having a problem with, I'll take care of it.
Mar 31st, 2020, 9:02 am
Online