Services provided by the Mobilism staff to make life easier for our members.
Oct 16th, 2017, 10:08 pm
Disk4mat wrote:Mobilism v2.0 has been released. If you experience any issues, find bugs, or have suggestions, please post here or PM me. Otherwise, as usual, enjoy! ;)

The work of all you guys is greatly appreciated!
Oct 16th, 2017, 10:08 pm
Oct 17th, 2017, 7:39 pm
Congrats to all who worked for this new version! Mobilism has a decent app now and it looks and works great! :D
Oct 17th, 2017, 7:39 pm

Before make a new topic please:
- Read the Site Rules and How to Post a Release
- Use Search Bar for avoid double posts.
- Support developers!
- For PC and Android widgets - Animated Wallpapers check my Deviantart
ImageImage
Oct 17th, 2017, 10:12 pm
Nice to see the new app.

Few wishes
- A dark theme
- Instant opening latest apps
- Load more items at ones. Maybe in background? Now it takes ages to scroll with constant loading.

Bug:
- Remember the items you opened after closing the app. It forgets the next time I start the app.

- I have crashes with Opera when opening links (s7 stock latest nougat).
Its a weird one... When I directly open a download link it crashes, but when I choose to 'open in browser' it works...
But also the other way around. When I first 'open with browser' it crashes Opera, but if I then click on a download link it works. Very strange behavior.
Oct 17th, 2017, 10:12 pm
Oct 17th, 2017, 10:33 pm
First of all, congratulations on the long-awaited release of the Mobilism v2.0 app. I appreciate that it's been a daunting endeavor for the team, and a tremendous project to take on for quite some time. Given that, I have a sizable list of bugs/suggestions that I had listed many months ago that still haunt the app since the Alpha releases. I'll do my best to organize this in a constructive fashion below. Please note that I'm simply listing observations and not criticizing in any way.

Devices: Nexus 10 (stock/rooted), Nexus 7 (2012 - stock/rooted), Nexus 7 (2013 - stock/rooted), Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Nexus (2011), ZTE ZMax Pro, Android TV box (rooted).
Android versions: KitKkat v4.4.2 & v4.4.4, Lollipop 5.0.2 and Marshmallow v6.01

Bugs/Suggestions/Manual Errata:

• The obvious omission of a Night Mode for the undead users, such as myself. I miss the customization of the old app as I had this black/deep purple motif going on that I loved.
  • The app force closes on my Android TV box upon entering premium credentials. The screen goes black with the soft keyboard visible, then immediately switches to portrait mode in the same state, then finally force closes. There seems to be an issue with landscape mode trying to log in, and I cannot get that to work on that device. Edit: I fixed this by restoring a 3D Toolbox installation backup from one of my rooted devices to the rooted Android TV. Now Premium works on Android TV as all my settings were restored, but obviously this won't work for everyone.
  • The toggles in Settings will not stay as set. When you flip one toggle switch, others switch seemingly randomly. Try adjusting different settings, exit Settings, return, then see your options are completely reset. It's very similar to playing a logic game without the score. Edit: The Settings toggles do not appear to work properly in Android KitKat v4.4.4, but function as intended on Marshmallow and Lollipop.
  • The Games section still does not sort according to posting time, unlike the App section that appears to be listing in chronological posting order. On the front page, there is a current listing of ten games only, which are sorted by posting time. Check in Latest Games -> More, then see that the releases are sorted randomly from several days ago. It's impossible to see what has recently been posted in chronological order using this page.
  • Some sorting options for releases would be nice, such as: Relative release posting time, by latest comments, etc. A basic List View with no thumbs would be ideal for fast browsing and mobile use.
  • Top Releases doesn't appear to produce any results. That section is blank for me.
  • Setting the default download folder to the root of local storage stores the files to an unknown destination. I use the old Mobilism directory, but then it still creates Mobilism-downloads folder within that directory. It would be nice to take out the hard-coding default folder and let us save it where we wish.
  • The pesky Mobilism Reviews graphic (as seen on reviewed apps) is still squashed trying to adhere to the screenshot dimensions. Not sure what to do with that badboy still, but it's definitely funkyrama. It's also not linked to the actual reviews as it is on WWW, and the graphic simply displays full screen upon clicking on it (showing my incredible Photoshop skills in action. Heh)
  • Multiple notification icons, one per download. It would be nice to nest all releases under a single [Circle M] icon. Downloading 20 apps will result in 20 icons, just as the old app. No big deal, but a bit annoying to clear out during 10+ release downloads.
  • No apparent way to edit your posts or threads yet. You can reply, but not go back and change anything like you can on WWW. Make sure your spell checker is working and you proof-read carefully before you post a comment *cough*. :)
  • The app definitely takes more time to load with the graphics and such. As mentioned above, fetching this data in the background up to a certain amount might be a good idea. Lots of loading going on here, even on 120Mbs WiFi.
  • Does the app auto-update with new Market versions, or will this be a manual download, or will there be a notification to fetch the latest version? Not sure how that works yet.

Positives/Fixed from Alpha:

• A queue system is now in place to download multiple files without having to stay on the links page, just like the old app. However, it now apparently downloads files simultaneously instead of one at a time. This can save time on a fast WiFi connection, mobile users take note of this.
  • Looks like Google Play at a glance, and the Search feature works rather well. All icons, pictures and screenshots load properly (as the old app was broken for a few months). A very clean design, though also very ((white)) like Google Play.
  • More social options now to keep track of threads, plus messaging (untested) to keep current with things.

More testing is required to include any more stuff, and I'm also still playing nurse and wearing 15 hats in my chaotic life that has been created for me. If there was a way to download a bonus 20 years of life, I'd love that option as well. :lol:
Oct 17th, 2017, 10:33 pm
Oct 17th, 2017, 11:13 pm
Excellent update
Oct 17th, 2017, 11:13 pm
Oct 17th, 2017, 11:30 pm
Congrats. I like it.
Just miss "My Applications". I did not find it in v2.0.
Oct 17th, 2017, 11:30 pm
Oct 18th, 2017, 12:26 am
Wow! Congratulations team for the new app.
Excellent....
Oct 18th, 2017, 12:26 am
Oct 18th, 2017, 1:46 am
Should have option not to display thumnbnails in list view. Now it wastes so much data just browsing through list. Thumbnails can be provided when click into an app that user is interested in , but not for every app in list view.
Oct 18th, 2017, 1:46 am
Oct 18th, 2017, 2:18 am
I missed the App Releases view in 1.9.
2.0 does not show the latest commented app, it will just show the latest release.

I recommend to add this feature, latest comment should be on top.
Oct 18th, 2017, 2:18 am
Oct 18th, 2017, 3:52 am
Is "version tracker" in 2.0 a replacement for "my applications" in version 1.91?
How is it used?
Oct 18th, 2017, 3:52 am
Oct 18th, 2017, 4:25 am
Wow! Congratulations on the new release! I have a lot to play with in the new version. I'll let you know if I find issues.

BTW , the adult category is not appearing... Never understood why. Care to explain?

Keep up the awesome work!

Cheers
TGD
Oct 18th, 2017, 4:25 am

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
- Philip K. Dick
Oct 18th, 2017, 10:57 am
congrats finally got the new update. job well done
Oct 18th, 2017, 10:57 am
Oct 18th, 2017, 11:01 am
awesome! mobilism market 1.91
Oct 18th, 2017, 11:01 am
Oct 18th, 2017, 1:29 pm
Good Job Guys on the New App but.....

farid993 wrote:Congrats. I like it.
Just miss "My Applications". I did not find it in v2.0.
?? :?
Oct 18th, 2017, 1:29 pm
Oct 18th, 2017, 2:28 pm
App really looks great but Premium Downloads don't work for me. I always get the message "Download failed - file likely deleted from filehost" but the files are online when I try to Download them without premium...

I also wonder how the Version tracker works?
Oct 18th, 2017, 2:28 pm

best regards,
Greystoke