Mainstream fiction, from all-time classics to contemporary novels
Feb 14th, 2020, 5:29 pm
The House of Crow Series by John W. Wood
Requirements: .ePUB Reader, 922KB
Overview: About the Author: I was born (February 1941) and raised in Flint, Michigan in a middle-class family. My father was a musician and a radio D.J. My mother was a writer of short stories and radio and scripts. She and my father had a Sunday afternoon radio program. My mother wrote the scripts, and she and my father played the different characters. As a teen, I worked for a gun shop and learned a great deal about weapons, hunting, and shooting. I became an instructor in shooting skeet and trap and came in second as junior state champion. This training came in handy when I joined the Marines in 1959 after high school. In the Marines, I graduated boot with a promotion and sent to Camp Pendleton to work as a small arms repairman. I attended several weapons classes always finishing in the top ten in class. I later was assigned to a guard company in Guam. During this tour, another Marine and I were involved in a prolonged gunfight with six intruders in a highly restricted area. We captured five of the intruders and the sixth one the next day. We were given letters of accommodation for “Prompt and heroic action while in a restricted area.” I returned to the states just in time to be deployed to Cuba during the Cuban Missile Crisis. Upon my return, I was discharged. I spent the next several years working in law enforcement in California. I was a city officer, federal officer, and a deputy. Police officers did not make a great deal of money back then. By now I was married with two children. I began working in heavy construction as a teamster driving the big heavy trucks you often see in mining. During this time we decided to move back to Michigan. Unlike California, construction work was seasonal and so sought a more stable job. I found it in foundry work.
Genre: General Fiction/Classics > Historical Fiction

Image Image Image

White Crow (House of Crow #1)
In the 19th century West begins the saga of a powerful family.
After mountain man Isaiah Crow arrives in Alta California, he saves a group of people from local bandits.
As luck would have it, they are family and Vaqueros from the rancho of Don Hernando Batista, one of the most powerful families in Southern California - and very anxious to take their new friends to meet the Patron.
After Señor Batista introduces his daughter Francisca to Isaiah, the two soon fall in love. From this union a child - Jedadiah - is born. He will learn not only how to read and write, but also the art of war.
Through Jedadiah, the House of Crow will become one of the most influential families in the country.

The Crow Legacy (House of Crow #2)
Jedadiah Crow has been passed a legacy of valor, both from his father - a mountain man - and a Crow war chief.
While finding his way in life, Jedadiah builds his own reputation of leadership during the American Civil War, displaying integrity and courage.
After the war, Jedadiah leads a group of former soldiers to California, setting the stage for The House of Crow.

The House of Crow (House of Crow #3)
Through generations, their honor and bravery prevailed.
In the early 19th century, a Blackfoot Indian warband slaughters a group of Irish immigrants. Soon after, another war party finds the wagon - and a baby still alive in the wreckage.
He soon becomes known as the White Crow - one of the Dog Soldiers of the tribe - and makes a name for himself as a warrior. But after a journey to Old California, his life takes a drastic turn.
This historical fiction saga follows the life of the Crow family, from their beginnings in 1816 to the American Civil War and the times of the U.S. Marshals, and finally to the story of Charles Crow - the last son of The House of Crow.

Download Instructions:
restfile

Mirror:
dropapk
Feb 14th, 2020, 5:29 pm