Speculative fiction, alternative worlds, futuristic, supernatural, horror
May 22nd, 2018, 6:28 pm
The Kergulen Series by R.A. White (#1-3)
Requirements: .ePUB Reader, 1.6 MB
Overview: I've loved fantasy for as long as I can remember, and I've enjoyed writing since I was a child. During my early adulthood I developed an appreciation for diversity of appearance, culture, and personality. This appreciation became a passion for a message, the message of peace and cooperation between individuals of different backgrounds, the message that we should love and value our differences, not merely tolerate them. In 2010, my husband and I adopted an African American baby with severe medical disabilities. This was a demonstration of our passion, which has in turn lead to greater passion. All of this has fueled my stories. This, and a desire to laugh. I laugh a lot when I write. I laugh even more when I've forgotten what I wrote and then read it later.
Genre: Fiction > Sci-Fi/Fantasy

Image Image Image

1. Kergulen
A girl with the eyes of a witch escapes her abusive master, but instead of a happy ending she finds Kergulen, a land where the monsters are only slightly more terrifying than the people. As she struggles to stay alive in this new country, Rima must master the capacity for inner freedom and true friendship if she hopes to create a life worth living. Will uncovering Kergulen’s mysteries give Rima the freedom she dreams of, or will she be condemned because she knows too much?

2. Kings of the Red Shell
The Kings of the Red Shell have kept the Kergulenite Stones safe and dormant for three hundred years, but now the powerful Stones are being stolen one by one. King Mihn calls on the Kergulenites to track the Stones, hoping they will intuit the magic the way their ancestors did, and in the process find his temperamental daughter. In turn, the Kergulenites call on Rima, an escaped slave with half a dozen extraordinary senses. Rima’s life ambition is to find freedom and start a family, but her fate and personal plans have once again diverged. She finds herself immersed in Trantian culture, where women are prized more for physical attributes than for their innate worth. With talents of almost limitless potential, Rima could be critical to the Kergulenites’ quest, but most Trantians prefer that she stick to cooking. The mysterious thief clearly has aspirations of world domination, and he may have the resources, as well. Will he add Rima to his list of assets, or will her companions succeed in their mission? Most likely, neither of the above. But one thing is sure—Rima will find out just how brave she really is.

3. Alonca's Quest
A successful mission should have meant glory and reward for Rima's team…
Instead, they find themselves on another quest, this time to reach Trant City Proper before the Harans can destroy it. Invaders and strife stall them at every turn despite the magic at their disposal, and through it all, Rima strives to accept that for her, freedom has a lot less to do with family and comfort than it does with arrogant princes, unpredictable Kergulenites, and hand-to-hand combat. The team knows their skills, experience, and magic will be vital assets for the king of Trant in the upcoming battles, but even they don't understand how crucial their involvement will be. They haven't yet learned of the dark creatures that came with the Harans, monsters the Trantians have no hope of defeating on their own.

Download Instructions:
(Closed Filehost) https://suprafiles.org/j3hmyd2knybr
(Closed Filehost) https://cloudyfiles.org/onpklpd4t55e
May 22nd, 2018, 6:28 pm

No longer active