Speculative fiction, alternative worlds, futuristic, supernatural, horror
Jun 26th, 2019, 10:53 pm
Alarm of War series by Kennedy Hudner (#1-3)
Requirements: .ePUB Reader, 1.77 MB
Overview: I am the guy standing in the bank line, reading a book. I am the guy on the bus with my face in a book. I am the guy who sees a friend and rather than asking how he is, I ask, "What are you reading?" I am the guy who goes to the movies with my Kindle in my pocket, just in case. I've been a reader since childhood. Science Fiction, murder mysteries, the more the better. Eventually I widened my scope and included history, which led to military history, which I find absolutely fascinating. It took awhile, but all that reading helped me in school, then in college and eventually in law school. After practicing law for almost 40 years, the itch to write was too strong and I retired and completed the Alarm of War trilogy (sci-fi), then moved on to write a murder mystery. I've been incredibly fortunate in many respects. A wonderful, intelligent wife (married 42 years and still counting) and two sons who make me proud and laugh a lot.
Genre: Fiction > Sci-Fi/Fantasy | Science Fiction

Image Image Image

1. Alarm of War
Intrigue. Betrayal. A devastating surprise attack and a frantic fight to survive.

Gritty warfare in space as four young officers respond to the alarm of war. Four officer cadets in the Victorian Fleet meet in training camp. Emily, the young woman who dreams of becoming a Fleet historian, but discovers her real talents lay elsewhere. Grant, the arrogant son of Victoria’s most famous admiral. Hiram, the nervous but brilliant strategist, and Cookie, intent on joining the Fleet Marines. Together, they survive the trials and hardships of training to join the Fleet, unaware that that their home is about to be plunged into a maelstrom.

For three hundred years, the Kingdom of Victoria has enforced peace across the galaxy. But it has grown complacent, and its enemies are ready to strike. The Tilleke Empire and the Dominion of Unified Citizenry have been waiting a long time, and now is their chance. As their web draws closed around Victoria, the band of new officers find themselves on the last line of defense. They’ve been well trained – but will it be enough to save the Kingdom?

2. The Other Side of Fear
Victoria’s fate hangs by a thread.

The Dominion’s surprise attack was almost a total success. Victoria’s home world was captured. Victoria’s vaunted Second Fleet was annihilated, its Third Fleet shattered. The Home Fleet fought a bitter and bloody rear-guard action as Queen Anne and the space station Atlas fled to Refuge, but now they are trapped there. The Dominion fleet batters at the worm hole defenses and its strength increases every day. The Victorian forces are not strong enough to fight their way out. It is a war of attrition that Victoria cannot win.

But an unexpected ally holds a millennia-old secret, a secret that offers a chance of survival…if Queen Anne and Admiral Douthat are bold enough. In order to exploit this opportunity, Admiral Douthat must divide the already weak Victorian forces and launch an audacious attack. If they succeed they could blunt the Dominion advance and buy precious time. If they lose, they lose everything.

For Emily Tuttle, it is a chance to redeem herself after sacrificing a shipmate.

For Hiram Brill, it is nothing more than an elaborate screen to hide his real mission – seize the Dominion prison ship Tartarus and rescue the woman he loves.

For Cookie Sanchez, horribly abused and tormented by her captors, it is her only chance of freedom. But Cookie has a secret as well, learned through great hardship: The most important thing is not staying alive at any cost, but rather dying on your own terms. It is a lesson she intends to share with her captors. And one by one they face the harsh truth: Everything you desire in this life is on the other side of fear.

3. Desperate Measures
Betrayal, espionage, assassination, war…

The Dominion has been defeated, but at a terrible cost. The Victorian Fleet is battered and in need of repair. But while the Dominion has been defeated, the Tilleke now prepare to invade the Victorian Sector. The Tilleke have sat on the sidelines, watching as the Dominion and Victoria pummeled one another. Now the Tilleke’s fleet is larger and stronger than the Victorian’s, and the waiting is over.

But before the main attack, the Tilleke will probe with spies and assassins. And in preparation for the coming invasion, the Emperor has developed a special weapon of terror designed to bring Victoria to its knees.

This will be the Final Battle, and the very existence of Victoria is at stake.

For Sergeant Cookie Sanchez, the battle will be a chance to redeem herself in her own eyes, or die trying. For Hiram Brill, the battle will be the biggest test of his wit and skill at warfare. For Queen Anne, it is win or die, with all of Victoria hanging in the balance. And for Emily Tuttle, it will mean grappling with the most difficult ethical issue of her life.

For a desperate battle demands desperate measures.

Download Instructions:
Drop
uploadEV
RG
Jun 26th, 2019, 10:53 pm

No longer active