Mar 9th, 2016, 5:12 am
After I saw this post, I actually got scared for a minute, because I thought I had gotten my e-reader app from google play and I couldn't find it there. Like, I love SlickReader, what am I gonna do?? Turns out, since it was right when I got my tablet, I got it from the Samsung Galaxy app.

Anyway, idk about the whole cover loading ability, I'm not interested in it, much, but if the ebook has a cover, it shows. I like that you can personalize a daytime and a nightime mode, and the places where you can tap the screen to change page, that it puts your books on shelves (sort of) on the library display, and you can import books onto into (with or without) copying them to the library folder. Since my ebooks occupy a lot of external SD card space on their own, this comes in handy for 1. not having duplicates eating up space & 2. not having to go the end of the world when I want to check something directly on the saving folder instead of the app.
Mar 9th, 2016, 5:12 am
Mar 9th, 2016, 1:37 pm
I like Moon+, thx to Mobilism. I use Calibre to change covers in the few occasions the cover is not what i want. Moon + for me. Used it many years.
Mar 9th, 2016, 1:37 pm
Mar 9th, 2016, 8:34 pm
I know most of you appear to like to Android OS - I never could get into it myself. But this post is about ebook readers. Like the rest of you, I've tried what seem to be endless numbers of apps trying to find a good one for my iphone and ipad. And every single time, I give up after about a day and return to my reliable and customizable standby: Stanza.

For an app that hasn't been updated since 2010, it still stands head and shoulders above the rest that I've found when it comes to downloading, categorizing, and reading books. It crashes on occasion (about 1x out of about 40 hours of reading) but the worst I've had happen is that I lose the progress I've made in the book I'm reading in my current reading session.
Mar 9th, 2016, 8:34 pm

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Nov 17th, 2016, 9:13 am
I would truly love and cherish an e-book reader That looks and functions for epubs like repli-go reader does for pdfs. I'm really sick of the bloated e-book readers on the android market with the book shelf interface that need to pull your epubs off of your sd card in order to list and read them without losing your place and having to keep reload the books into it over and over again until you finish it or crashing for no good reason all the time. .
Nov 17th, 2016, 9:13 am
Feb 5th, 2017, 2:39 am
Moon reader cover issue is easy to fix and frankly prrtty rare.

I have close to 10k of books on my tablet and maybe 30 had the issue. Also its not a moon reader issue but rather a kindle mobi format convsion issue.

All you need to do is take the epub with cover issues, convert it to mobi format and then convert the mobi file back to epub. Keep in mind metadata in the epub file will need to be added back in.
Feb 5th, 2017, 2:39 am
Feb 5th, 2017, 2:43 am
Fuzzy Slippers wrote:I would truly love and cherish an e-book reader That looks and functions for epubs like repli-go reader does for pdfs. I'm really sick of the bloated e-book readers on the android market with the book shelf interface that need to pull your epubs off of your sd card in order to list and read them without losing your place and having to keep reload the books into it over and over again until you finish it or crashing for no good reason all the time. .

Why would you even bother putting epubs on an sd card? Stick them in the main storage of your device. Pdf's i can understand but when 10k of epubs are less than 4gb why bother?
Feb 5th, 2017, 2:43 am
Mar 26th, 2017, 2:12 am
I'm happy with moon+ although I have also experienced issues with cover images.
Mar 26th, 2017, 2:12 am
May 8th, 2017, 6:57 pm
I like overdrive for my iphone. Work well for me.
May 8th, 2017, 6:57 pm
Oct 6th, 2017, 5:45 pm
I have iBooks on my iphone and it works wonders! I also used another app when I was on android that worked just fine but I can't remember which one it was : /
Oct 6th, 2017, 5:45 pm
Nov 18th, 2017, 9:39 am
I use Lithium : EPUB reader. The only problem I have with it is that you can't edit book covers.
Nov 18th, 2017, 9:39 am

Please limit re-up requests to one per day. Thanks :D
Jan 20th, 2018, 8:21 am
Fbreader is great. I use the Kindle app with sideloaded azw3 files.
Jan 20th, 2018, 8:21 am
Mar 7th, 2018, 4:32 am
I've been using the Pocketbook app on my Android devices and it has been ok.
Mar 7th, 2018, 4:32 am
May 18th, 2018, 7:30 pm
Maybe, us readers should be the one to make a design of the app and let developers do it or make it yourselves if you know how to make one. Though I don't really know anything in making apps.
I usually use Cool reader, FBreader, and UBreader. I'm happy as long as I can read.
May 18th, 2018, 7:30 pm
May 20th, 2018, 1:16 pm
I'm a user of Lithium ePUB reader for I read all ebooks in ePUB format. Bookshelp add-ons & other features makes it my favorite.
May 20th, 2018, 1:16 pm

#GK
Jun 29th, 2018, 7:26 pm
I use Aldiko and have never had importing issues, or problems viewing any book covers. I got the free version from Google Play.
Jun 29th, 2018, 7:26 pm