Jun 8th, 2020, 6:08 pm
Hi everyone,

Newbie question here. I am trying to listen to audiobook file downloaded from Mobilism on my iPhone. What's the best way to listen to these files? What app works best and how do I add these files to the app? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance.
Jun 8th, 2020, 6:08 pm
Jun 9th, 2020, 2:18 pm
The app I like best and use the most is KyBook 3. There are several ways to add audiobooks and ePub books. One of the easiest is to use the web interface, but even that is tricky the first time you use it. On the bottom of the screen on the right, you'll see three dots and "more". Click that. Then touch "Control". Then touch "Content Server". Swipe right on "Activate" to turn it on. You'll see a link and a Username and Password.

On your Mac, open a web browser tab to that Link. Click "Upload Files", navigate to your audiobook or ePub file(s) and click "Open".

You can add folders, and manage files on your iPhone, iPad and cloud storage.

When listening, you can add bookmarks with notes, which I really like.

I've also tried "SmartBook" and "MP3AudioBook Player Pro", but I much prefer KyReader.

Good luck and enjoy!

codepirateMobilism wrote:Hi everyone,

Newbie question here. I am trying to listen to audiobook file downloaded from Mobilism on my iPhone. What's the best way to listen to these files? What app works best and how do I add these files to the app? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance.
Jun 9th, 2020, 2:18 pm
Jun 10th, 2020, 8:08 am
I use BookPlayer to listen to my audiobooks,I just download the book,go to the my files app on the iPhone and select copy to symbol then transfer to the BookPlayer app or more than likely I first have to download it to the Documents by Readdle app to open the RAR file and extract the files and then transfer it to the BookPlayer app.
Jun 10th, 2020, 8:08 am
Oct 12th, 2020, 11:05 am
I organise files via iTunes and use the default (Apple) Books app.
Oct 12th, 2020, 11:05 am
Oct 13th, 2020, 11:06 pm
I also use BookPlayer, find it excellent and use airplay from my MacBook to transfer the mp3/m4b files over wifi.. I also use AudioBookBinder - free from the Apple app store to create m4b files if there are lots of mp3 files downloaded..
Oct 13th, 2020, 11:06 pm
Oct 26th, 2020, 5:15 pm
BookPlayer has been a lifeline with audiobooks
Oct 26th, 2020, 5:15 pm

<signature>