Apr 19th, 2021, 1:41 am
...and how do I open it?

Most times when downloading an e-book the file come as an .epub, .zip or .rar those I understand.

Several times I have downloaded a book and it will only have a name or a series of numbers & letters only with no indications of what type of file it is (epub, zip or rar).

EX: 6Z7594NG vs 6Z7594NG.epub, zip or rar.

Nothing will open the file and I even tried to add a file type to the filename but that never worked either.

Is it something new? An error on my part? An error from the uploaders side?
Just wondering...
Apr 19th, 2021, 1:41 am
Apr 19th, 2021, 2:33 am
Would these files that you mention that have no file extension by any chance have some sort of punctuation in the book title or author name?

If the filename on the server has any punctuation in it other than the period before the extension, the premium downloader doesn't recognize that punctuation and truncates the filename there. Example: "Warrior's Woman.epub" will truncate to "Warrior" only.

In the vast majority of the cases I've come across, adding the .epub extension resolves the issue, though occasionally they are .rar or .zip.

Now, this would be when using the premium downloader only. If you are getting an error like that when downloading on a filehost, that would not be a premium downloader issue and is likely a filehost error.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't, send me a PM with an example or two of the links you've had trouble with and I'll see if I can come up with some solution or if we need to point you to our illustrious leader, Disk4mat, instead. :)
Apr 19th, 2021, 2:33 am

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Apr 19th, 2021, 3:02 am
I do use the Premium Downloader. The punctuation thing is a real possibility. I never took notice. I can't recall the titles right now but I will keep that in mind when it happens again.

Thanks
Apr 19th, 2021, 3:02 am
Apr 19th, 2021, 1:48 pm
OK here is an example of what I was talking about

[link removed by mod]

I have tried adding all the different file extensions and nothing seemed to work
Apr 19th, 2021, 1:48 pm
Apr 19th, 2021, 4:27 pm
Please check your PMs for a response. :)
Apr 19th, 2021, 4:27 pm

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain