Oct 8th, 2013, 7:55 pm
I have a big problem: THERE ARE NO GOOD EREADER APPS!!! :( I have searched and downloaded probably hundreds of apps and yet there are none that can do it.

Aldiko - Paid: that is already a problem, but not the biggest one. The biggest one when you get this message "COULD NOT IMPORT FILE" What the freak does that even mean??? It uploaded other files just like it so why not this single one or in my case about 20!!! This is very frustrating!!! I can read the Epub but not import it??? Another problem is the cover of the ebooks. It will only put part of the cover, if you choose to change the cover or fill in missing covers. This is truly annoying. The saying goes "You can't judge a book by it's cover". Kinda hard to even TELL the book if it only has half or part of a cover. Here's a piece of advice Aldiko, have the option where the user can search for the cover online. It's called GOOGLE. USE IT!!!!! :evil:

Mantano - Don't even get me started!!! :( I had high hopes for this app. It did everything Aldiko couldn't right. But then it started with THIS idiotic message: Something went wrong while updating the database. An update should be available soon to fix this issue. Uninstalling and reinstalling the application might fix this issue. They should change the "might" to "will not" because it does not fix anything. Mantano: stop making apps apparently you are no good at it!!! :?

Cool Reader - This app is just ridiculous!! I read a book on this this app, and when I cam back to it later, it didn't save the page even though I bookmarked it. That's just retarded, that and the fact that, it editing options are horrible. If you don't like the cover, you're stuck with an ugly looking white cover and you can't even change it. Cool Reader also just scans your ebooks, but there is no shelf or some place to keep them all together, so you don't have to scan your SD card every time you go into this app. :(

Moon+Reader - Another idiotic app with cover problem only this time it lets you download the cover, but you still can't see it. And when the ebook does have the cover, it still does not show. What is wrong with this picture?? :(

Ebook Reader - Does not let you import your own books, forcing you to read the boring 'classics' from their store. :( There's a reason why I downloaded my own ebooks.

Ebook Reader (another app with the same name) - Not only are the creators uncreative in naming their app or just plain lazy, but their app also reflects their laziness. It is boring looking and it can't see your ebooks.

Universal Ebook Reader - Again cover trouble and I contacted them and told them about it, even sent them 2 ebooks so they can see what I was trying to getting covers for. I never heard from them again. Another waste of time.

Bubue Books- Directory problem, it does not search the root of the device, so no importing here.

StarBooks - Besides looking like a Chinese ripoff of Aldiko, again another directory problem, apparently too stupid to give an option to search the root of the device.

Open Book Reader
DL Reader
Hottest Epub Reader
Gitden EPUB3 Book Reader
Kobo
Kindle
Fabrik
50000 Free Ebook & Reader
Ebook Reader (third app with same name)
myLibra ebook Reader
Nook- No importing books. Credit card needed so you can buy their buy their books :(

The list goes on and on, I have tried a lot more then the ones listed. I just know these are the ones people will say to get, but unfortunately all these app kinda SUCK!!!!
So if be chance there is someone out there that can actually build a Ebook reader app that does not blow message me, because I am missing out on a lot of reading with these apps.

So that's my first or second post. Sorry if you have one of these apps and they work for you. Good for you :D But they are not working for me and I am very particular about the quality of apps I use. I'll make another post of the must haves in a Ereader app.
Oct 8th, 2013, 7:55 pm

Sapphirewyren
Oct 13th, 2013, 1:37 am
Aldiko Premium does has its issues, definitely less than than the free version. However I have to say that Aldiko Premium is the best ereader app for Android. I have been using premium version for years, starting with my Android 2.2 tablet. I also have tested many ereader apps. I found Moon+Reader handles pdf files better than Aldiko - I used that app for classes because its highlight feature. Honorable mention, use Perfect Viewer app as a fast image/comic viewer.
Oct 13th, 2013, 1:37 am

somewhere hot.
Oct 13th, 2013, 2:33 am
Ok I know your talking about Android ereaders and such but I feel the same way about the ereaders available for the iPhone, I used to use the Barnes & Nobles ereader which though it had it's problems was a decent ereader but when I updated my iOS I couldn't use the app any longer and had to use a new ereader, I have as yet to find one that did everything the Barnes & Nobles ereader did, and I've down loaded tons of different readers and yet im still unsatisfied with the apps available.
Oct 13th, 2013, 2:33 am
Oct 13th, 2013, 3:40 am
Here are a couple more Ebook Readers that I have tried.

Neo Soar
Nomad Reader
AlReader
Readmill
Book Reader Free
eReader Prestigo
Socio eReader
FB Reader
iBooks
Reader by Sony
Ultimate Reader
Open Book
Go Books
Debbe Reader
Solati Reader
eReadz
epub Reader
Gyan Reader
Livemargin Reader Beta
Bookviser Ebook Reader

Many of these did not have the option of importing my ebooks from my SD Card, some would crash as soon as i open it and others had downloading problems
Oct 13th, 2013, 3:40 am

Sapphirewyren
Oct 19th, 2013, 9:56 pm
You should try Stanza if you're using an IOS device (not sure if there's an Android version as well).
I don't use my iPad for eBook reading anymore but I used Stanza before and still use it for the digital editions of my College books.

It's not the best app in the world but it's consistent, easy to use and has some good in-app functionalities such as bookmarks and being able to change the font's theme and size as well as the color and, of course, you can also change the cover of the books (manually or by searching the web).
Oct 19th, 2013, 9:56 pm

Use the new request button if the links to my posts are down.

All request WRZ will be refunded so please click the Thank You button at no cost to you and enjoy! :)
Nov 4th, 2013, 2:15 am
I've tried a big chunk of these readers, and I must say Moon+ Reader is still the best. In terms of the cover issue, try downloading the covers separately on the Internet, then import the cover as a picture. This allows you to choose your desired cover and control miscellaneous things such as resolution and what not.
Nov 4th, 2013, 2:15 am
Nov 27th, 2013, 12:51 am
you just cant be serious. you judge an ereader app from its cover loading ability? why do you just go buy the book and look at cover while having a warm cup of tea? e readers are for reading books, not staring at images. and moon+ is the best ive found.
PS. no problem with covers in my nexus
you just cant be serious. you judge an ereader app from its cover loading ability? why dont you just go buy the book and look at the cover while having a warm cup of tea? e readers are for reading books, not staring at images. and moon+ is the best ive found.
PS. no problem with covers on my nexus
Nov 27th, 2013, 12:58 am
Try Fabrik
Nov 27th, 2013, 12:58 am
Nov 27th, 2013, 9:05 am
LaLaLia wrote:You should try Stanza if you're using an IOS device (not sure if there's an Android version as well).
I don't use my iPad for eBook reading anymore but I used Stanza before and still use it for the digital editions of my College books.

It's not the best app in the world but it's consistent, easy to use and has some good in-app functionalities such as bookmarks and being able to change the font's theme and size as well as the color and, of course, you can also change the cover of the books (manually or by searching the web).

i did use Stanza as my backup reader but it tended to stick at times, but personally i wanted better.
Nov 27th, 2013, 9:05 am
Dec 13th, 2013, 12:22 am
I'm happy with FBreader
Dec 13th, 2013, 12:22 am
May 28th, 2015, 4:18 am
FYI Readmill has since ended its service but I still have it around. Best reading app I ever experienced (hence why I'm reluctant to let it go!).
May 28th, 2015, 4:18 am
Oct 21st, 2015, 12:49 pm
Moon+ Reader still the best ..i keep coming back to it. And i tried a lot of book reader apps.
Oct 21st, 2015, 12:49 pm

No amount of darkness can smother the light.”
Oct 31st, 2015, 9:48 pm
Another vote here for FBreader.

It also has a bookshelf addon so you can add all the front cover artwork yourself or just let the app do it automatically.
Oct 31st, 2015, 9:48 pm