Jun 30th, 2014, 11:21 pm
A few days back, our brilliant user Carcosa posted a couple of links to apps that I had never heard of before, both of which turned out to be excellent little tools. Specially if, like me, you're computer savvy but software deficient, if you know what I'm trying to say.

Anyway, Carcosa's help suggested that we needed a page just for answers our wiser software and app gurus can provide to us, the less than "with it" boys and girls. Or is it guys and gals? Dudes and dudettes? Ladies and gentlemen? Folk?

There, that proves my point, I don't even know that much.

If you have a tip, a trick, or a how to guide, please, start your own thread and we will hot link it here, just as we did with the ones already on the site. Start a thread, make the topic a searchable item to keep the ability to edit it as needed, and let us know by posting the link to the topic in a reply to this post.

To wrap it up, if you have a question not already covered here, if you would like to learn if there's an app out there that can help you do something faster, and better (related to ebooks, of course) please post it here.

Our team of fully trained and qualified Tech squirrels will be more than glad to search for the answer and present it to you tastefully wrapped in nut shells and grass. Not 70's "grass", but the stuff used for front lawns and decoration.

VERY IMPORTANT: Absolutely NO DRM removal tips, tools or guides allowed. That stuff's illegal.
Jun 30th, 2014, 11:21 pm
Jul 12th, 2014, 12:23 pm
Hi, I don't know if this is the right thread or place to be asking this, but i just released an ebook on the ebook section (Eeeee by Tao Lin) and the post won't display the thank you button. Have I done something wrong?

Cheers.

merry60 wrote:Solved here: eBook Help Desk
Jul 12th, 2014, 12:23 pm
Jul 15th, 2014, 2:10 am
Jul 15th, 2014, 2:10 am

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Jul 15th, 2014, 11:47 am
As I am a new uploader ( to be) I woould like to ask if it is okay to post organised collections of books. What I mean by that is, I have catalogued all my books into genres and then further into authors. I was thinking could I upload say for example, crime thrillers as a collection which would then have all my crime thrillers in the file? If so, would that then be a collection ? Just want to check b4 I make a mistake. I have had lots of books through sharing and feel it is time to share the fruits of my labour.

TIA,xx
Jul 15th, 2014, 11:47 am
Jul 15th, 2014, 3:41 pm
pollyflinders wrote:As I am a new uploader ( to be) I woould like to ask if it is okay to post organised collections of books. What I mean by that is, I have catalogued all my books into genres and then further into authors. I was thinking could I upload say for example, crime thrillers as a collection which would then have all my crime thrillers in the file? If so, would that then be a collection ? Just want to check b4 I make a mistake. I have had lots of books through sharing and feel it is time to share the fruits of my labour.

TIA,xx

Hi,

Such questions are better asked on the eBook Help Desk, but the quick answer to that is: no you can't post a big general collection - they'd usually have to be based on an author or series, not just a genre-themed dump of your ebooks.
Jul 15th, 2014, 3:41 pm

Links dead? Need re-up? PM me.

Strange is the night where black stars rise,
And strange moons circle through the skies,
But stranger still is Lost Carcosa.
Aug 5th, 2014, 10:30 pm
I can't find where this question was asked before. Is it possible to search for books by Genre?

Thanks,

Julie
Aug 5th, 2014, 10:30 pm
Oct 10th, 2014, 8:54 am
Ive just got a samsung tab and wanted to download magazines to read on it, but im not having much luck. Could someone please help me? Thank you
Oct 10th, 2014, 8:54 am
Nov 1st, 2014, 8:55 pm
phh wrote:Ive just got a samsung tab and wanted to download magazines to read on it, but im not having much luck. Could someone please help me? Thank you

Do you have the appropriate reader for the type of files you're trying to read? Not all files use the same format, so you must make sure that you have the right reader application for them.
Nov 1st, 2014, 8:55 pm
Nov 1st, 2014, 11:36 pm
Hello, I was wondering when someone post the 2nd book to a series to the first post and it says "second book added" how do I get the new link? The links that are there just give you the first book.
Nov 1st, 2014, 11:36 pm
Nov 3rd, 2014, 11:10 am
vodka84 wrote:Hello, I was wondering when someone post the 2nd book to a series to the first post and it says "second book added" how do I get the new link? The links that are there just give you the first book.

Posters don't always offer separate links for only two books, so if there is only one link the second book should have been included in the same link as the first book, nobody announces a book without actually posting it.

But if you are sure because you downloaded the file and found the second book missing, quickly PM the OP and ask them to fix the problem. You should also alert the moderators so they can do something, like hold the post in Expired until fixed. Always try and use the PM system, thanks.
Nov 3rd, 2014, 11:10 am
Nov 5th, 2014, 9:59 am
I would like to request books by two authors who seem to keep a tight rein on their publications. Is there a way to do this without drawing attention to this site or myself?

merry60 wrote:Really sorry but no :(
Nov 5th, 2014, 9:59 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Dec 17th, 2014, 10:45 pm
When your post comes up on the topic, click on the Report button Image (the red exclamation point on the bottom right of your post) and choose "Request Fulfilled " hit submit again.?

I don´t understand this beacuse when i press the red exclamation bottom it´s said we use this: to report a post, but i don´t want to report it, i already paid my reward, what i want to do is to pass my post to a ebook romance and to stop being ebook fulfillied, ebook requests.
Dec 17th, 2014, 10:45 pm
Jan 4th, 2015, 1:29 am
Is there a way to upload a book directly onto the forum (like as an attachment) or do I have to use one of those file share sites?

merry60 wrote:Sorry, no. Read here
Jan 4th, 2015, 1:29 am