Sep 1st, 2017, 12:03 am
Hi,
How do you find sub-genres out of the main ones listed under books? Ex. under romance, new adult or young adult.


merry60 wrote:There are no sub-genres listed, you will need to use the advanced search. Check the link below and follow the steps indicated, entering "new adult" in the "Search for keywords" option. Young Adult does have a category of its own.

viewtopic.php?p=4834229#4834229
Sep 1st, 2017, 12:03 am
Sep 20th, 2017, 7:35 am
windycitydreams wrote:When I went to download a book, I clicked on my Blue Arrow, and it says:
"application/octet-stream " How do I open this?
THX


I'm having this issue too, is there a way to fix this? I tried to add .epub on the end but it didn't work.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.
Sep 20th, 2017, 7:35 am
Sep 23rd, 2017, 11:35 am
Just one question about ebooks - is it ENGLISH only or books in other languages can be posted?
Sep 23rd, 2017, 11:35 am
Sep 23rd, 2017, 9:40 pm
sallypeach wrote:
windycitydreams wrote:When I went to download a book, I clicked on my Blue Arrow, and it says:
"application/octet-stream " How do I open this?
THX


I'm having this issue too, is there a way to fix this? I tried to add .epub on the end but it didn't work.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.


The blue arrow is a single-click for premium users. Free users need to click the actual link or copy it to a file downloader of their choice.
Sep 23rd, 2017, 9:40 pm

I exploit you. Still, you love me.
I tell you one and one make *three*.
I'm the cult of personality.
- Living Color
Sep 23rd, 2017, 9:42 pm
dalanik wrote:Just one question about ebooks - is it ENGLISH only or books in other languages can be posted?


The majority of requests are for English language (the site default), but there are users who request books in other languages, too. I've seen French and German the most. And it costs nothing to try. :)
Sep 23rd, 2017, 9:42 pm

I exploit you. Still, you love me.
I tell you one and one make *three*.
I'm the cult of personality.
- Living Color
Sep 25th, 2017, 5:09 pm
Anonyma'am wrote:
dalanik wrote:Just one question about ebooks - is it ENGLISH only or books in other languages can be posted?


The majority of requests are for English language (the site default), but there are users who request books in other languages, too. I've seen French and German the most. And it costs nothing to try. :)



No no, not requests, I have a great book in other language (Serbian) that I'd like to share so I thought posting it here.
Sep 25th, 2017, 5:09 pm
Sep 25th, 2017, 10:25 pm
dalanik wrote:No no, not requests, I have a great book in other language (Serbian) that I'd like to share so I thought posting it here.

Yes, it is possible to post a foreign language book in the Releases forum. Just follow the standard posting guidelines but put the language ref in the subject, like so:

BookTitle by AuthorName [SERB] (.ePUB) <-- Language goes in brackets - [] - and must be before the format but after the author name.

Remember that in the subject, the author name must be as shown on the cover, but the title can be shortened, just so long as it makes some sense in its' native tongue. A Serbian language book that has a title the equivalent of "The Big Book of Serbian Delicacies" should not be shortened to "The Big Book of", for example. ;)

And if you have any difficulty, ask any ebook moderator online at the time and they'll help you out. :)
Sep 25th, 2017, 10:25 pm

“Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.”
― Mark Twain

Image
Online
Sep 26th, 2017, 1:40 pm
Cool, thank you very much. It is something I have scanned and corrected, converted to .epub :)
Sep 26th, 2017, 1:40 pm
Oct 3rd, 2017, 10:00 pm
Anonyma'am wrote:
sallypeach wrote:
windycitydreams wrote:When I went to download a book, I clicked on my Blue Arrow, and it says:
"application/octet-stream " How do I open this?
THX


I'm having this issue too, is there a way to fix this? I tried to add .epub on the end but it didn't work.

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere.


The blue arrow is a single-click for premium users. Free users need to click the actual link or copy it to a file downloader of their choice.


I am a premium user but still had the problem. I did find that going through the free way sorted it though.
Oct 3rd, 2017, 10:00 pm
Oct 31st, 2017, 10:14 am
I would like to upload my first book to Mobilism - the book has been requested by several members and I have no idea how to upload
Oct 31st, 2017, 10:14 am

PLEASE - IF YOU LIKE MY RELEASES PLEASE CLICK THE THANK YOU BUTTON :D

If ALL my Links are down, SEND A PM and I will fix it!
Feb 28th, 2018, 1:27 am
would like to upload an ebook i purchased from Amazon, used to be able to find them on my mac (last time was November 2017) and now i can't. Anyone got any info on changes Amazon might have made, etc?
Feb 28th, 2018, 1:27 am
Dec 31st, 2018, 7:16 pm
I was trying to get this book, but even following the tip given, it was only returning an executable, not an ebook. I used the instructions here: https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=1590162#p1590162


Not sure if it's OK to ask for a mirror. or if it has to be a request separately... One link is dead and file-up only gives an useless .exe file no matter how many times I try. Poster is inactive.

Post is here: (removed)
Dec 31st, 2018, 7:16 pm
Jan 1st, 2019, 11:00 am
RavenT wrote:I was trying to get this book, but even following the tip given, it was only returning an executable, not an ebook. I used the instructions here: https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&p=1590162#p1590162


Not sure if it's OK to ask for a mirror. or if it has to be a request separately... One link is dead and file-up only gives an useless .exe file no matter how many times I try. Poster is inactive.

Post is here: (removed)

I am sorry but something must have gone wrong, there is no executable if you click the correct button:

Image
Jan 1st, 2019, 11:00 am
Jun 15th, 2019, 9:29 am
PLease help. Found a book someone is requesting but unsure how I upload on to here? Thanks



merry60 wrote:Upload the file to a Filehost, copy the download link and post it in the request.

If you want to post a new release, follow the instructions in this topic: Posting Rules and Guidelines
Jun 15th, 2019, 9:29 am
Nov 12th, 2019, 7:12 pm
I keep getting - waiting for available socket - I've never had that before. What does it mean. I've tried to download anything and that's what shows up. Can you help?



merry60 wrote:PM sent.
Nov 12th, 2019, 7:12 pm