May 4th, 2018, 8:53 am
I'll second Tom Holt. Hysterically funny. Of course, if funny is your thing, Terry Pratchett is your man, all of his stuff is good, but when he really got going with Ankh Morpork, it became legendary. I mean, Corporal Carrot, the 6 foot 4 dwarf constable?
May 4th, 2018, 8:53 am
May 4th, 2018, 10:30 pm
I second Terry Pratchett's Disc World books. No one does humor and light fantasy better than him.

If you like a mix of humor and seriousness, I also recommend Lois McMaster Bujold. Her works are full spectrum, often able to combine humor and pathos.
May 4th, 2018, 10:30 pm
May 5th, 2018, 1:51 am
I'd recommend Esther Friesner's Majyk series for funny fantasy stuffed full of pop culture references. Majyk by Accident, Majyk by Hook or Crook and Majyk by Design.

I also like Margaret Ball's Mathemagics book. The math formulas in it are real (so I skipped over them) but the references to other famous sci-fi works and authors are great. :)
May 5th, 2018, 1:51 am
May 6th, 2018, 1:42 am
I'd also recommend Ron Goulart. He wrote quite a bit of humorous SF and his half dozen or so "Groucho Marx, Master Detective" books are good for a laugh.
May 6th, 2018, 1:42 am
Dec 4th, 2018, 10:32 pm
Anything older by Gordon Korman
Dec 4th, 2018, 10:32 pm

If you can't find anything that I've posted, please PM me and I'll do my best to help!
Oh, and say thanks too!
Dec 6th, 2018, 3:56 am
The Miss Fortune series by Jana DeLeon. CIA officer has to hide in southern Louisiana until her boss gets the guy that put a million dollar bounty on her head. She's spent her whole life with her military father and in the Agency, and has no idea how to related to 'normal' society.

Her hideout is in Sinful, Louisiana. This is a community that gives new meaning to the term 'quirky', and they revel in it. First book is Louisiana Longshot.
Dec 6th, 2018, 3:56 am
Dec 6th, 2018, 6:20 am
Dendra wrote:The Miss Fortune series by Jana DeLeon. CIA officer has to hide in southern Louisiana until her boss gets the guy that put a million dollar bounty on her head. She's spent her whole life with her military father and in the Agency, and has no idea how to related to 'normal' society.

Her hideout is in Sinful, Louisiana. This is a community that gives new meaning to the term 'quirky', and they revel in it. First book is Louisiana Longshot.

That does sound funny! I like people who don't relate to "normal". :)
Dec 6th, 2018, 6:20 am

Use this. It's free. https://www.libraryextension.com/
A link to my family's fiction wishlist is posted in my profile.
Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
No PDFs, PDF conversions or archive.org scans (I can get those myself).
Dec 6th, 2018, 6:21 am
Dendra wrote:I'd recommend Esther Friesner's Majyk series for funny fantasy stuffed full of pop culture references. Majyk by Accident, Majyk by Hook or Crook and Majyk by Design.

I also like Margaret Ball's Mathemagics book. The math formulas in it are real (so I skipped over them) but the references to other famous sci-fi works and authors are great. :)

I could only find "Majyk by Accident". :(
Dec 6th, 2018, 6:21 am

Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
Dec 7th, 2018, 4:52 am
Anonyma'am wrote:
Dendra wrote:I'd recommend Esther Friesner's Majyk series for funny fantasy stuffed full of pop culture references. Majyk by Accident, Majyk by Hook or Crook and Majyk by Design.

I could only find "Majyk by Accident". :(

The books are older, from the early 1990's if I remember right. I have to use my print copies when I want to re-read the series. I don't think they were ever released as ebooks. :(
Dec 7th, 2018, 4:52 am
Dec 7th, 2018, 11:24 pm
Robert Asprin's "Myth" books are good for a laugh. With titles such as

Myth Conceptions.
M.Y.T.H. Inc. Link.
Sweet Myth-Tery of Life.

What's not to like about the series?
Dec 7th, 2018, 11:24 pm
Dec 8th, 2018, 2:44 am
Scunzero wrote:Robert Asprin's "Myth" books are good for a laugh. With titles such as

Myth Conceptions.
M.Y.T.H. Inc. Link.
Sweet Myth-Tery of Life.

What's not to like the series?

Oh, yeah! I loved those too!
Dec 8th, 2018, 2:44 am

Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
Dec 10th, 2018, 11:18 pm
I just remembered a fun series: Eoin Colfer's "Artemis Fowl" books. I avoided them for several years (the curse of prejudging) and saw the first book in my local library one day and thought, What the hell, might as well see what it's like. Great laugh out loud humour.
Dec 10th, 2018, 11:18 pm
Dec 11th, 2018, 5:39 am
Scunzero wrote:I just remembered a fun series: Eoin Colfer's "Artemis Fowl" books. I avoided them for several years (the curse of prejudging) and saw the first book in my local library one day and thought, What the hell, might as well see what it's like. Great laugh out loud humour.

I only read the first one because I didn't really like Artemis or the fairy-thing (it's been, like, 10 years). Does he change much in the rest of the series?
Dec 11th, 2018, 5:39 am

Rules apply.
WRZ$20 each.
Feb 11th, 2019, 2:05 pm
I think you should read Diskworld series by Terry Pratchett. It consists of about 40 books but they are very enjoyable to read and full of very funny remarks and situations
Feb 11th, 2019, 2:05 pm
Apr 7th, 2019, 12:54 am
I hear "This is Going to Hurt" by Adam kay is really funny. Its on my list to read.
Apr 7th, 2019, 12:54 am

:D :) :lol: