Jun 9th, 2019, 5:46 am
If you like Wodehouse you might like Jerome K. Jerome's Three Men in a Boat.

Donald Westlake's Dortmunder series is about a hapless crook whise clever plans always, always go wrong.

Harry Harrison's Stainless Steel Rat series is funny SF adventure.

And +1 for Hiaasen and The Compleat Enchanter.

You're probably getting tired of people saying "Terry Pratchett, Terry Pratchett," so frequently, but you could ease in with Good Omens, which Pratchett co-authored with Neil Gaiman. Also, it took a few books in the Discworld series for Pratchett to really hit his stride, so -- unlike most series -- you shouldn't begin at the beginning. I recommend Guards, Guards, but the chart at https://www.lspace.org/books/reading-order-guides/the-discworld-reading-order-guide-20.jpg shows everal good entry points.
Jun 9th, 2019, 5:46 am
Jul 4th, 2019, 11:31 pm
I was ratting through my book collection and found a series that I had forgotten about -

Craig Shaw Gardner's Cineverse Cycle comprised of -

Slaves of the Volcano God.
Bride of the Slime God.
Revenge of the Fluffy Bunnies.
Jul 4th, 2019, 11:31 pm
Dec 5th, 2020, 1:28 am
Retief series by Keith Laumer.
Dec 5th, 2020, 1:28 am
Jan 12th, 2021, 1:30 am
ravipotter wrote:Hi friends,

I've enjoyed Christopher Moore books and a few years back, I laughed heartily at the works of P. G. Wodehouse. I enjoy Neil Gaiman works too, but I don't like David Sedaris's work. Somehow they never made me laugh, despite his works having high rating. Maybe he is not my type. Based on these can someone please recommend some hilarious novels and short story collections.

Thanks in advance.

Try Joseph Fink. His Welcome To the NightVale Books
Jan 12th, 2021, 1:30 am
Feb 11th, 2021, 12:57 pm
I read 'Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine' by Gail Honeyman and it's really fun to read!
Feb 11th, 2021, 12:57 pm
Mar 29th, 2021, 12:22 am
I recommend the audiobook of " I Can't Make This Up - by Kevin Hart". True stories he can't make up. If you've ever liked Kevin Hart, you may wanna give it a try
Mar 29th, 2021, 12:22 am
May 10th, 2021, 11:06 am
Formidible wrote:I hear "This is Going to Hurt" by Adam kay is really funny. Its on my list to read.

I'm all in for this one BUT:
1. It has a looot of dark humor, which is great for me but some people may be repeled.
2. I have read 'Twas the nightshift before Christmas before This is going to hurt and I'm happy about it, because I don't think I was going to read the second book after the end of This is going to hurt so this is an approach I recommend.
3. Be ready for humor, dark humor and only dark parts without any humor (or hope).
May 10th, 2021, 11:06 am
Oct 25th, 2021, 5:13 am
Jerome K. Jerome - most of his books are really funny, although there is Victorian pathos here and there.
Richmal Crompton - Try the earlier William books.
Angela Thirkell - the Barsetshire novels.
Saki - quite a few of his short stories.
Oct 25th, 2021, 5:13 am
Nov 24th, 2021, 1:33 am
The Phule series by Robert Aspirin if you like Sci-Fi. Terry Pratchett if you prefer fantasy. Gareth K. Pengelly's Brian Helsing series if urban fantasy is your thing.
Nov 24th, 2021, 1:33 am
Nov 24th, 2021, 1:35 am
Also David Wong.
Nov 24th, 2021, 1:35 am