May 28th, 2017, 4:47 pm
adamoadam wrote:Thought of another one, ones where the guys are always super tall. It often seems that the guys are over 6'2". Where are stories with more short-average height guys?

What is average height? Here in Denmark, men's average height is it 5'11", which mean that 6'2" is quite normal. I'm 5'9" (and a woman) and I don't like it when the main character is 5" (as Kj Charles' Stephen Day). Just saying taste differ.

And I guess some peoples taste is BDSM and/or Sub-dom play... Which is a major turn-off for me.
May 28th, 2017, 4:47 pm

I am no longer able to replace links, sorry. Please contact a moderator.
Jun 13th, 2017, 10:52 am
Insta-love-attached-at-the-hip stories, stories that use rape/assault a plotline mover, any story that has the sassy female friend say "if only you were straight", the femme guys always being the physically smaller guys, some of the cringe-worthy dialogue that comes out of interracial couple stories, older-younger couples that have the younger be talked down to or not portrayed as intelligent.
Jun 13th, 2017, 10:52 am
Jun 13th, 2017, 10:09 pm
I don't like anything that is BDSM. Anything with Rape/Assault. That whole superior attitude of some characters is an automatic delete for me also!
Jun 13th, 2017, 10:09 pm
Jun 30th, 2017, 9:59 am
CarbonUnit wrote:Generally speaking I think the problem isn't a bad plot or a bad story line so much as it is bad writing. There are story lines that seem bad because no skilled author would bother with them. The essence of story telling is making it believable. The purpose of story telling is to be entertaining (and to some extent educational).

yeah i mostly agree. there are definitely things that put me off, but that i'm willing push past it if enough people tell me it's not that bad. obvious example: i don't like slavery stories either but enjoyed captive prince after putting it off for years. what i hate more than specific plots/tropes is writing that feels rushed and paint by numbers, and when i encounter glaring errors and inaccuracies.

that said i usually can't stand woe-is-me weak mcs, i prefer reading about people with some bite to them. also when there's zero development between guys but sex/attraction but we're supposed to believe, with no tongue in cheek, that they're in deep lurve.
Jun 30th, 2017, 9:59 am