Jun 14th, 2017, 11:27 am
I love reading, but I don't really consider myself a wide reader. I'm trying to widen "comfort zone" so to speak and I'm interested in learning more about YA books. What would you recommend for a newbie like me to sort of test the waters for this genre? Thanks in advance.
Jun 14th, 2017, 11:27 am

Raaaawr.
Jul 11th, 2017, 3:44 pm
First of all, you need to figure out which genre you're into. Are you interested in adventures, magic or real-life problems?

I'm into contemporary stories(both dark and fluffy), magical realism, really dark thrillers and sci-fi. Here are some of my favorites in each genre
contemp: Jellicoe Road, The Storyteller, Anna and the French Kiss, Stolen, Afterworlds
magical realism: The Diviners, Every Day, The Raven Cycle, Shades of Magic, Vicious
thrillers: Dangerous Girls, The Female of the Species, The Naturals series, Mara Dyer series
sci-fi: Red Rising, The Illuminae Files, The Bone Season

Even though I love all these genres, my favorite book is Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi. It's the second book in the Shatter Me trilogy which is a dystopian (very romanticized) version of X-Men.

These are just my preferences. My suggestion is-check out this Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/genres/young-adult I think you'll be able to find awesome books there. Take it slow. Read a bunch of different genres until you find what works for you. :)
Jul 11th, 2017, 3:44 pm
Jan 9th, 2018, 4:53 am
I just read Bright Side by Kim Holden and soo recommend it!
Jan 9th, 2018, 4:53 am
Oct 22nd, 2018, 6:20 am
I would recommend you to start with Stephanie Perkins' books if you're into those fluffy YA. For books with a little more substance, Emery Lord has written some beautiful books.

Few other authors:
- Morgan Matson
- Jenny Han
- Meg Cabot
Oct 22nd, 2018, 6:20 am
Oct 31st, 2018, 5:56 am
YA is too broad,, do you like fantasy,scifi,romance, contempory,historical, theres Yong Adult and even New Adult, I dont care for sci/fantasy and im into Ya modern stories/romances and can give some great suggestions if interested
Oct 31st, 2018, 5:56 am