May 23rd, 2014, 1:49 pm
Hi! I thought, as I have read both and am very familiar with both stories, I could share my opinion!
Firstly, are we talking about the books or the movies?
If we're talking movies, I think Divergent wins hands down, because it's more realistic... Like, the Capitol, in the HG movies just looked ridiculous. I mean, yeah it's supposed to but... idk it made the HG less down to earth so to speak. Also, the HG are a very silent movie series, because Katniss has a lot of internal monologues/speech/thoughts, and I guess I didn't really like that?

If we're talking books, then... oohh that's hard, because Allegiant was definitely... unexpected. Actually, yeah. HG wins bookwise. I might not like how the HG tril truned out (i.e. basically it was all a propoganised revolution, it didn't have the herione out there doing the nitty-gritty stuff), but at least Katniss had a unique and definite character. Tris' character was strongly written at first, and the Divergent tril COULD have had a great character development plot over the 3 books, but near the end, I just felt like Tris was losing her touch. As was Tobias. I just felt like Tris' character was gradually devolving into a whiny, groany mess and that Tobias basically became her parent. Nonetheless, no one can JUST.... squish FourTris like that, so in the end I re-wrote the ending. :)
May 23rd, 2014, 1:49 pm
Jul 7th, 2014, 12:14 pm
Personally, I really loved both of them.
Jul 7th, 2014, 12:14 pm

Jul 9th, 2015, 1:12 am
I haven't read HG yet but I am a little disappointed with the book 3 of divergent. It was like Tobias was not the same person with himself in the first book. And after so many trouble Tris had passing through, the ending was just anticlimax.
Jul 9th, 2015, 1:12 am
Jul 21st, 2015, 6:00 am
zanjabila wrote:I haven't read HG yet but I am a little disappointed with the book 3 of divergent. It was like Tobias was not the same person with himself in the first book. And after so many trouble Tris had passing through, the ending was just anticlimax.

terapuzzle wrote:Hunger Games for me. Divergent series were great until I finished reading the last book.

agreed... book 1 was exciting, with so much action... then book 3 comes and gives a whole lot of back story, which the story itself was not very interesting, and i'm left like... what the....

can't compare to HG as I haven't read it yet, but I'm just disappointed with the Allegient..
Jul 21st, 2015, 6:00 am

Oct 18th, 2015, 10:34 pm
I have read both series. THG is the best book alone. Catching fire and mockingjay are nowhere near the first one. Divergent series are better as a continuum, and the final except for that plot twist is better in the Divergent series. Mockingjay is an awful book, but extremely easy to read.
Although I´m just not a YA any more I recommed to read both series and if possible to expand your horizons. How about reading Jules Verne or Emilio Salgari or Stevenson once in a while? Those are amazing adventures better written than those two series.
P.S: excuse my english I know it sometimes sucks
Oct 18th, 2015, 10:34 pm
Jun 26th, 2020, 10:00 am
Hunger games because of the ending of the last divergent book which I'm not spoiling
Jun 26th, 2020, 10:00 am