What is the best alternative keyboard? The best calendar app? Discuss and vote for your favorites here.
Oct 1st, 2020, 1:27 pm
I really struggle with time management but I'm never away from my phone, so please recommend an app for me...

If it synchs with office that would be great.

Also any time management books :)
Oct 1st, 2020, 1:27 pm
Oct 2nd, 2020, 10:21 pm
I`m using Tick Tick which is decent in many ways (widget, ease of use etc.)
Oct 2nd, 2020, 10:21 pm
Oct 3rd, 2020, 7:39 am
For time management books, you could read Eat That Frog. There are many, but, as you can imagine, there's no out-of-this-world solution and no magic tricks. You need to prioritize your tasks and focus on them, you need to get out of this fast-forward culture of the world (which is extremely hard, but do-able) and actually be mindful of your time. No book can help you with this, it's your own discipline that you have to build. Books make sense today, but we forget them in two weeks, they do not instill habits, those can only come through practice. Using time trackers like Toggl may help you realize how much time you are really spending on any given thing. The Pomodoro technique may also help. But try using Toggl it for a while, create habits, then let it go, you don't want to press play and pause for the rest of your life, every time you go and do something or you get interrupted. It will become a chore once the novelty passes. We're not machines, so don't be too hard on yourself. Hope this helps somehow. :) Godspeed!
Oct 3rd, 2020, 7:39 am
Oct 3rd, 2020, 10:06 am
kdoggdracul wrote:For time management books, you could read Eat That Frog. There are many, but, as you can imagine, there`s no out-of-this-world solution and no magic tricks. You need to prioritize your tasks and focus on them, you need to get out of this fast-forward culture of the world (which is extremely hard, but do-able) and actually be mindful of your time. No book can help you with this, it`s your own discipline that you have to build. Books make sense today, but we forget them in two weeks, they do not instill habits, those can only come through practice. Using time trackers like Toggl may help you realize how much time you are really spending on any given thing. The Pomodoro technique may also help. But try using Toggl it for a while, create habits, then let it go, you don`t want to press play and pause for the rest of your life, every time you go and do something or you get interrupted. It will become a chore once the novelty passes. We`re not machines, so don`t be too hard on yourself. Hope this helps somehow. :) Godspeed!
Really good advice here!
Oct 3rd, 2020, 10:06 am

akaMePs
Oct 5th, 2020, 8:01 am
akaMePs wrote:
kdoggdracul wrote:For time management books, you could read Eat That Frog. There are many, but, as you can imagine, there`s no out-of-this-world solution and no magic tricks. You need to prioritize your tasks and focus on them, you need to get out of this fast-forward culture of the world (which is extremely hard, but do-able) and actually be mindful of your time. No book can help you with this, it`s your own discipline that you have to build. Books make sense today, but we forget them in two weeks, they do not instill habits, those can only come through practice. Using time trackers like Toggl may help you realize how much time you are really spending on any given thing. The Pomodoro technique may also help. But try using Toggl it for a while, create habits, then let it go, you don`t want to press play and pause for the rest of your life, every time you go and do something or you get interrupted. It will become a chore once the novelty passes. We`re not machines, so don`t be too hard on yourself. Hope this helps somehow. :) Godspeed!
Really good advice here!
Tgg
aflucas1989 wrote:
akaMePs wrote:
Really good advice here!
Tgg
I didn`t mean to do that sorry!!
Oct 6th, 2020, 4:24 am
Olmectheholy wrote:I`m using Tick Tick which is decent in many ways (widget, ease of use etc.)
+1

I recently tried TickTick and I have been using it for a couple of day and all I can say, is that I am really impressed by the features of this to-do app. I have been a Todoist user for a couple of years and honestly, I will stick with TickTick from now on, until I have tried all of the powerful features it has to offer. I would suggest you give it a try, learn how it works, I doubt you will be disappointed.
Oct 6th, 2020, 4:24 am

akaMePs
Oct 8th, 2020, 8:02 pm
Forest for helping force some digital minimalism at times, and Notion for just keeping tracking of my day to day stuff. I use Notion with the GTD technique and setup my databases for specific review periods which will bring up tasks that I don't necessarily need to do everyday, or tasks I have scheduled far out but still need to make sure I pay attention to it coming up.
Oct 8th, 2020, 8:02 pm
Dec 23rd, 2020, 3:49 am
ClickUp is the best for me, but I am going to check TickTick as well!
Dec 23rd, 2020, 3:49 am
Dec 23rd, 2020, 11:55 pm
Business Calendar 2, and MyPhoneExplorer to sync with Outlook on PC/Laptop.
Dec 23rd, 2020, 11:55 pm
Apr 6th, 2021, 3:52 pm
Microsoft To Do links in with Outlook - it's not perfectly integrated yet but it's the best you'll have in terms of Office integration!
Apr 6th, 2021, 3:52 pm