Describe the kind of app you're looking for, or a problem you need an app to solve. We will help you find it!
Apr 13th, 2021, 8:17 am
To anyone reading this I thank you for your time. Is there an android antivirus that can discern between common exploitation software (that we intend to have), and actual threats in the system? What if malicious processes were to be contained within common software like csploit for instance? the user would likely ignore the warning. Also all the android spyware scanning programs I've tested thus far, all seem to simply flag the app. Certainly there is something out there that could at very least provide the exact trigger. I tried to search but the keywords are too meta .. thanks
Apr 13th, 2021, 8:17 am
Apr 14th, 2021, 3:24 am
Would love if someone had an answer to this as well
Apr 14th, 2021, 3:24 am
Apr 15th, 2021, 6:18 am
Chp656s wrote:To anyone reading this I thank you for your time. Is there an android antivirus that can discern between common exploitation software (that we intend to have), and actual threats in the system? What if malicious processes were to be contained within common software like csploit for instance? the user would likely ignore the warning. Also all the android spyware scanning programs I've tested thus far, all seem to simply flag the app. Certainly there is something out there that could at very least provide the exact trigger. I tried to search but the keywords are too meta .. thanks

The only decent antivirus app I've came across is Dr Web. I had a Chinese cheap phone a few years ago and Dr Web was the only one that saw there was a .so file that was part of a malware called Triada. There is an option in Dr Web where you can let Dr Web scan every single file on your phone but be warned, this is not a quick procedure. It took me nearly 2 hours to do this on my latest phone Poco X3.
Apr 15th, 2021, 6:18 am
Apr 15th, 2021, 6:30 pm
Deerp1976 wrote:
Chp656s wrote:To anyone reading this I thank you for your time. Is there an android antivirus that can discern between common exploitation software (that we intend to have), and actual threats in the system? What if malicious processes were to be contained within common software like csploit for instance? the user would likely ignore the warning. Also all the android spyware scanning programs I`ve tested thus far, all seem to simply flag the app. Certainly there is something out there that could at very least provide the exact trigger. I tried to search but the keywords are too meta .. thanks

The only decent antivirus app I`ve came across is Dr Web. I had a Chinese cheap phone a few years ago and Dr Web was the only one that saw there was a .so file that was part of a malware called Triada. There is an option in Dr Web where you can let Dr Web scan every single file on your phone but be warned, this is not a quick procedure. It took me nearly 2 hours to do this on my latest phone Poco X3.
Malwarebytes on this forum is excellent!
Apr 15th, 2021, 6:30 pm

... knowledge is the thesis of rebellion!
Apr 16th, 2021, 8:23 am
sirdon wrote:
Deerp1976 wrote:
Chp656s wrote:To anyone reading this I thank you for your time. Is there an android antivirus that can discern between common exploitation software (that we intend to have), and actual threats in the system? What if malicious processes were to be contained within common software like csploit for instance? the user would likely ignore the warning. Also all the android spyware scanning programs I`ve tested thus far, all seem to simply flag the app. Certainly there is something out there that could at very least provide the exact trigger. I tried to search but the keywords are too meta .. thanks

The only decent antivirus app I`ve came across is Dr Web. I had a Chinese cheap phone a few years ago and Dr Web was the only one that saw there was a .so file that was part of a malware called Triada. There is an option in Dr Web where you can let Dr Web scan every single file on your phone but be warned, this is not a quick procedure. It took me nearly 2 hours to do this on my latest phone Poco X3.
Thanks I`ll check it out
Apr 16th, 2021, 8:23 am
Apr 18th, 2021, 8:22 am
sirdon wrote:
Deerp1976 wrote:

Thanks I`ll give it a go
Apr 18th, 2021, 8:22 am