App and game reviews by Mobilism's Android Reviews team
May 21st, 2015, 3:53 am

App: GoneMAD Music Player v2.2.10
Developer: GoneMAD Software LLC
Category: Music & Audio
Price: $3.99
IAP: N/A

GoneMAD Music Player is a full featured audio player system which focuses on providing a wealth of useful options to allow for a personalized listening experience. There are numerous audio players available for Android, and quite a few I have tested with mixed results over the years. Nothing comes close to the customized functionality and crystal clear sound GoneMAD delivers. With its wealth of supported audio formats, flawless performance, convenient tools and thoughtful features, I would be amazed to find any better application for my audio needs. Users ranging from the uninitiated to the most discerning audiophile will be delighted in what GoneMAD brings to the table in such an elegant, stylish package with all the bells and whistles one could ask. This review is the most difficult I've had yet as the feature list is simply too staggering to list even half of what is offered in such a compact design. I could literally spend an entire week just going over the audio functions alone, but there is so much more here than a standard music player, which sets GoneMAD apart from the rest.

The interface alone offers over 1,000 themes to choose from to suit any need or environment with the ability to additionally customize to your tastes. The menus and tabs are orderly and efficient, which supports Google's Material ideal in the best way I have seen in any app to date. The pages offered are by artist, albums, song and genres with complex filtering and search functions included to track down anything on your device easily. It has the ability to play media categorized by library, folders, playlists and a Smart feature which keeps statistics on favorites and recent tracks, which is all easily accessible. The Now Playing screen is beautiful with large album art on display with transport controls and an option menu at your fingertips to delve into the deeper tools of the app. It will download album art if missing, or you can manually add your own. You can mass tag mp3 files and manage them as if you were on a PC. Full lyrics can be downloaded to display and automatically scrolled as the the media plays, which looks brilliant with this sleek design. There is a sleep timer to play your media as you fall asleep, as well as full Tasker support to turn on as an alarm clock if so desired. As a long time PC user of WinAmp and an audio engineer by trade, I am overwhelmed at what this amazing app is capable of doing.

GoneMAD boasts a configurable graphic equalizer with presets, preamp, bass booster, virtualizer, limiter, and full DSP functions for full control of all audio playback aspects. There are randomizing options such as Shuffle Queue, Shuffle Collection and Random Album which will mix up your media to play as you desire. There are notification transport controls, auto-resume after phone calls, Scrobble support, Chromecast support, customizable headset and Bluetooth controls, and a range of widgets for your home screen, as well. The included feature list rolls out the like the red carpet at the Grammys, and continues right to the palm of your hand. Ease of use and ergonomics fuse together effortlessly into one gorgeous piece of technical splendor that I cannot recommend highly enough, especially at the given price point. GoneMAD Software LLC has created one of the most functional and stylish apps I have ever seen and look forward to their future endeavors as I hope there is more to come.

Pros:
  • An ergonomic and stylish audio powerhouse.
  • A massive feature list of convenient functions.
  • Audiophile quality which supports many formats.
  • Extreme customization in nearly every aspect desired.

Cons:
  • Requires Tasker for an alarm clock function.

Image Image

Image Image

Reviewer rating: Image
Device/OS used: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7 2012 / KitKat v4.4.4, Lollipop v5.1.1

Purchase at Google Play
Purchase at Amazon
Mobilism: GoneMAD Music Player FULL v2.2.10 [Unlocked]

May 21st, 2015, 3:53 am