App and game reviews by Mobilism's Android Reviews team
Feb 21st, 2013, 12:42 am

App: Kik Messenger v6.1.0.20
Developer: Kik Interactive
Category: Communication
Price: N/A
IAP: $0.99 - $24.99

I have very little words to say about this application other than to say it is absolutely amazing and very helpful for those on a GSM/edge/2g network. When I first installed I noticed how easy it is to use due to its fancy UI design on the interface. Lots of my friends (close and mutual) have made the transition to this app mainly because of how easy it is to use and how light weight it is compared to other heavy applications. A plus is that is is also a cross platform application (iOS, blackberry, android).

Occasionally, I've ran into issues with pictures not sending but others seem to work fine so perhaps I need to email their dev team huh? Another small thing I hate is that you can't be logged into 2 devices at the same time as it will kick you off the other device. Plus I also wish that they would allow you to save chat history for when you don't want to lose your chats by logging into another device. Enough negative hate even though it is a review, I noticed they have this fun little plugins you can add like Sketch to create drawings with your friend who you are chatting with and even a Reddit pictures plugin. If only they had games like cross word, eh? :)

Overall I would suggest this application as it is light on resource and simple to use to communication with family, or friends overseas, even down the street compared to other applications that make you go through a huge list of to do sign up steps and creepy cat sacrifices! Okay, just kidding on the last one but seriously give it a try and let us know your experience using this application.

Pros:
  • Easy to use.
  • Light weight applications.
  • Works great on slow cellular connections.
  • Has some neat little plugins you can add to the application.

Cons:
  • No multiple account support.
  • No official method to send video.
  • Needs some game plugins like cross word puzzles.
  • Picturing sending isn't working, stays at 0% (for me at least).

Image Image
Image Image

Reviewer rating: Image
Device/OS used: SGH i727 / Ice Cream Sandwich v4.0.4

Purchase at Google Play
Purchase at Amazon
Mobilism: Kik Messenger v6.1.0.20

Feb 21st, 2013, 12:42 am

Support developers! =)
Mar 22nd, 2013, 7:16 am
I love this application. I use it to message and send pictures to my mom abroad. Too bad I cannot call with it :(
Mar 22nd, 2013, 7:16 am