App and game reviews by Mobilism's Android Reviews team
Feb 21st, 2013, 12:43 am

Game: Papaya Farm 2011
Developer: Papaya Mobile Inc.
Category:Casual
Price: N/A
IAP: N/A

Hello everyone, this is my first application review for Mobilism.org. The application I'm reviewing today is called Papaya Farm 2011, so let’s get started! The first thing I can say about this application is that it strikes a very good impression upon using it because it has a built in social network with a huge user base, which I quite frankly like. I only hate the rising number of trolls, young teens, pedophiles; that recently started using it. It even lets you have a neat avatar that you can buy clothes for to dress and style. I find myself talking to people on this application the most than other social networks or applications throughout my day. The only thing i dislike about the built in social network is failure for the game admins to stop pedophiles from posting adult content and teens must posting graphical pictures (lack of parent supervision). Even with these flaws that are all over the internet I love it.

Let’s talk about the actual game itself shall we. Upon entering the game they have a nice short little tutorial to get you started with the game on how to play it. Of course if you've played one farming game; you've played them all. Upon completing the tutorial you get 4 fertilizer bags which allow you to speed up a crop by 2 hours, 2 butterfly cards that allow you to accelerate all current crops on your farm by 4 hours (I suggest saving this for later), lastly you get 300 RP’s otherwise known as respect points; with these points you can buy magic boxes in the store at the cost of 10 RP’s per box. These magic boxes grant you random items such as free seeds, fertilizer cards, fruits, butterfly cards, invisible gown cards (Steal full crops from friends), and even amazing rainbow cards (Increases the production of your crops).

Additionally, papaya farm 2011 comes with a ranch division. I love this ranch section a lot personally. You can raise animals in this division such as pigs, cows, wolfs, and so on; the selection of animals is huge. In order to raise these animals you must feed the animals grass, meat, and add water. The animals go through a growth stage to produce, then a maturing stage to collect. The joy of your animal getting pass the growth stage is that it then has a cycle of production in which your animal will produce normal breeds or rare breeds to be noted as collect in your medals show room. I only dislike the long growth period on most animals and the cost of raising meat animals as they eat meat like no tomorrow, and sadly meat can only either be gained by buying it with in game currency known as papayas. The only way to get papayas is buy them with real life money or doing TapJoy offers.

Overall when it comes to this farming game it’s a must try experience as it has nice simple beautiful colors and frequent updates of new seeds and a nice ranch animals. I would gladly suggest anyone reading this review to try out this game if you seek a nice little time passer. Although I believe the game developers should allow the users to close the application without having it running in the background all the time.

Pros:
  • Nice and attractive GUI.
  • Active user base within the built in social network.
  • Frequent updates to crops to plant, ranch animal to raise.
  • Allows you to be entertained if you got nothing else to do while waiting for a class or appointment.
  • Easy to get in game currency with offers from TapJoy.

Cons:
  • Slow connection to their servers at times.
  • Has recently added permissions I don’t really agree with.
  • Application runs on the background without an option to exit.
  • Lots of trolls, spammers, and bad behavior on the social network.
  • Lack of communication from between users and the actual game developers when you email costumer support.

Image Image
Image Image

Reviewer rating: Image
Device/OS used: Samsung Galaxy Nexus / Jelly Bean v4.1.2

Purchase at Amazon

Feb 21st, 2013, 12:43 am

Support developers! =)