App and game reviews by Mobilism's Android Reviews team
Feb 21st, 2013, 8:20 pm

Game: Star Girl v4.1.0
Developer: Animoca
Category: Casual
Price: N/A
IAP: $0.99 - $199.99

Hey everyone! I’m JJ-x :D This is my first review since joining the Android Review team. Since I’m female, I hope to review some of the more feminine games so that the review team can give reviews on a wide range of applications and games.

The version of Star Girl I’m reviewing is version 1.4. Please note that the version 1.4 of Star Girl on Mobilism is a modified version. Your adventure begins in the same way most of these fashion games begin. You’re a nobody trying to make it in the big world. There isn’t really a tutorial when you first start up, but there are some helpful arrows to help you and you quickly learn everything just by poking your way around. Quests are extremely repetitive but usually an easy way to earn Diamonds and cash. Upon joining Star Girl, you get a user code, which you can post on Facebook to recruit friends for two things. 1) Flirt at first sight mini game and 2) The Deal of the Day

A nice feature the StarGirl game has is the mini games. Upon completing a mini game, you’re given a choice of 3 boxes. An excellent opportunity to get some extra XP, cash or even rare clothing that aren’t in the stores. Boyfriends are the same. 3 gifts from each to earn rare clothing, cash or diamonds.

Boyfriends are obtained by either going into the Café (non celebrity boyfriends) or the nightclub (celebrity boyfriends). Fill up their love-o-meter and milk them for all their gifts then toss them aside for a new boyfriend. (seriously!) You can also fill their love-o-meter by going to StarChat, which Animoca says is automated, but I think otherwise.

The game uses a monetary system of coins and diamonds. Diamonds can be quite difficult to come by, but Animoca does have a feature where you can earn them for free by downloading other games. One complaint you will always hear especially on Google Play reviews is that things are a little too expensive. Which is true, but you do have something to work towards. The game also features a "Deal of the Day" which is actually a weekly thing. Add some people on Facebook (you don't even need to own a Facebook account) to get the best deal. You can get 50% off if you have a certain amount of friends. Overall, a really fun game! Animoca have some excellent features coming up in future updates so this is definitely a game that is only going to get better.

Pros:
  • Cute graphics.
  • Promising future updates.
  • Music is fun and enjoyable.
  • Easy to navigate even without a tutorial.
  • Diamonds can be earned for free by completing offers.

Cons:
  • Quests are repetitive.
  • Music can get annoying.
  • Energy takes long to recover.
  • Avoid StarChat like the plague.
  • Can be difficult to buy clothing items.

Image Image
Image Image

Reviewer rating: Image
Device/OS used: Coby Kyros MID9742 / KitKat v4.0.3

Purchase at Google Play
Purchase at Amazon
Mobilism: Star Girl v4.1.0 [Mod]

Feb 21st, 2013, 8:20 pm
Feb 21st, 2013, 9:52 pm
Great review! :) I can now fully understand the purposes of this games... ;-)
Feb 21st, 2013, 9:52 pm

Support developers! =)