App and game reviews by Mobilism's Android Reviews team
Feb 21st, 2013, 11:37 pm

Game: The Simpsons: Tapped Out v4.33.5
Category: Casual
Price: N/A
IAP: $0.99 - $99.99

The first sentence in the description of this game is “THIS GAME IS LIFE-RUININGLY FUN!” And they’re not kidding, folks! Since I own a tablet that I’m too scared to root, it has no Google Play; I usually count on the Major Releasers here at Mobilism to give me some games and 8 times out of 10, EA games don’t work for me. The Simpsons: Tapped out did and let’s just say I squealed with delight.

It’s another one of those “Build your own city” games, which I find extremely boring and haven’t found one I liked yet. Until this game. You build your own Springfield and embark on a scavenger hunt to find all the other citizens. The missions can be very long. A building usually takes 24 hours to build, and one mission takes 90 days. The dialogue from each character is pretty funny. Except when Homer yells out at 4am while you’re sleeping and gives you a mini heart attack. And you can’t turn them off.

Currency wise, the game uses dollars which are extremely easy to earn and everything you need to buy with dollars is pretty cheap. The issue is with the special currency aptly named Donuts. You earn between 1 and 2 donuts only when you level up. Items you can buy with donuts are extremely overpriced which I will be listing as a huge con because not only are donut items overpriced, if you want to buy donuts, the amount of real cash you have to pay out is ridiculous! You also need donuts to unlock some characters which is a definite minus if you want to have a complete Springfield.

There are some really fun “mini games” in The Simpsons: Tapped Out. In the Kwik-E-Mart, you can buy Scratch Tickets for 250 dollars and every card is a winner. Another is betting on greyhounds at the Springfield Dog Tracks. Overall, a very fun and addicting game from EA. If you’re a Simpson’s fan, why are you reading this and not playing?!

Pros
  • Funny dialogue.
  • Easy navigation.
  • Good in-depth tutorial.
  • Excellent attention to detail.
  • Graphics have the same look as the HD TV show.

Cons
  • Low replay value.
  • Lack of social networking.
  • Homer yelling at you at 4am.
  • Very pricey in game purchases.
  • Missions can be long, as can building.

Image Image

Image Image

Reviewer rating: Image
Device/OS used: Coby Kyros MID9742 / Ice Cream Sandwich v4.0.3

Purchase at Google Play
Mobilism: The Simpsons™: Tapped Out v4.33.5 (Free Shopping)

Feb 21st, 2013, 11:37 pm

Want me to review an Android game?
Feel free to send me a message!