App and game reviews by Mobilism's Android Reviews team
Mar 8th, 2013, 12:31 am

Game: House of Hell v1.3.4.0
Developer: Tin Man Games
Category: Role Playing
Price: $5.99
IAP: N/A

House of Hell is the second Fighting Fantasy book to be converted for Android and iPhone. House of Hell allows you to dive into your own adventure. You choose your paths. In House of Hell, you go up against some odd creatures and satanic cultists. The “game” can be played in three different modes. Hardcore is the way the original author Steve Jackson intended it to be played, medium allows you some extras when it comes to throwing your dice, and free read means you can read as you wish, you can even go back to the previous page if the adventure didn’t go your own way!

The graphics are awesome, and the audio really sets the mood. I’ve played HoH many times with the lights off and really got into it. Also, while researching for more of the Fighting Fantasy games, there were a few complaints that HoH, the second Fighting Fantasy game for android, was chosen when there were so many other better ones to choose from, and that the previous Fighting Fantasy android book was a little better. This just gets me even more excited for the future Fighting Fantasy releases. Overall, if you like reading mixed with some strategy (I still wonder why they put it in the casual category on Google Play) then this is definitely worth checking out.

Pros:
  • Promotes reading as a fun game mechanic.
  • Three interesting modes of play to choose from.
  • Graphics and audio set the mood extremely well.

Cons:
  • Hardcore mode can be annoyingly frustrating.

Image Image

Reviewer rating: Image
Device/OS used: Coby Kyros MID9742 / Ice Cream Sandwich v4.0.3

Purchase at Google Play
Mobilism: House of Hell vv1.3.4.0

Mar 8th, 2013, 12:31 am

Want me to review an Android game?
Feel free to send me a message!
Mar 22nd, 2013, 5:46 am
This looks exciting. But indeed if there is some strategy involved then why label it as casual?

Also, is the game free to download or do we have to pay for it?
Mar 22nd, 2013, 5:46 am
May 13th, 2013, 1:22 pm
Here, I have found something new and exciting. I am going to download it for my little brother, whether it is free or paid.
May 13th, 2013, 1:22 pm