From music players to sound recording
Apr 12th, 2018, 5:32 pm
This works in Android Auto. Follow these steps:

1.Launch the Android Auto application on your smartphone
2. Tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top left corner
3. Select the About option
4. Tap repeatedly on the About Android Auto portion of the heading until a pop-up states that Developer settings is enabled
5. Go into the Developer Settings option (the pop up tells you where it is) and enable Unknown Sources. It's at the very bottom.

Then open Spotify, start playing something. The Android Auto app will detect Spotify exists and from that point on you will be able to fully control Spotify from Android Auto.
Apr 12th, 2018, 5:32 pm
Apr 12th, 2018, 5:37 pm
I'm still using 8.4.46.575 without any problem.

No reason to update until real extreme quality is available.
Apr 12th, 2018, 5:37 pm
Apr 12th, 2018, 6:45 pm
MTWomg wrote:This works in Android Auto. Follow these steps:

1.Launch the Android Auto application on your smartphone
2. Tap on the hamburger menu icon in the top left corner
3. Select the About option
4. Tap repeatedly on the About Android Auto portion of the heading until a pop-up states that Developer settings is enabled
5. Go into the Developer Settings option (the pop up tells you where it is) and enable Unknown Sources. It's at the very bottom.

Then open Spotify, start playing something. The Android Auto app will detect Spotify exists and from that point on you will be able to fully control Spotify from Android Auto.

Read this:
https://www.xda-developers.com/psa-spot ... res-a-fix/
Apr 12th, 2018, 6:45 pm

Apr 12th, 2018, 8:46 pm
mrdude wrote:Last patch done now - poster ads fixed :-).....

I'll give the new patch to Balatan later and he can add it to his collection :-) of patches, I'm still doing more testing but am pretty busy doing other stuff just now, but look forward to that being patched.

Thanks for your work
Apr 12th, 2018, 8:46 pm
Apr 12th, 2018, 8:52 pm
blaz22 wrote:I'm still using 8.4.46.575 without any problem.

No reason to update until real extreme quality is available.

And this one works V8.4.48.497, I removed the old and install the new one and everything works
Apr 12th, 2018, 8:52 pm
Apr 12th, 2018, 10:07 pm
EnjoyAndThrowAway wrote:Spotify Connect seems to not pair...is this a server side thing?

Nope - spotify connect is working fine for me - I spotify connect to an Nvidia Shield running the MrDude/Balatan modified version of spotify for android TV all the time. Sometimes a reboot of the tablet/phone is required as it occassionally doesn't see the other shield but it works perfectly 90% of the time.
Apr 12th, 2018, 10:07 pm
Apr 13th, 2018, 1:22 am
I want to have both Alt and playlist mod versions installed on my phone.

How can I do so? Is it possible mrDude?
Apr 13th, 2018, 1:22 am
Apr 13th, 2018, 1:43 am
Zalexzperez wrote:I want to have both Alt and playlist mod versions installed on my phone.

Install apk cloner on your phone, install whatever version of spotify you want - clone it, remove the non-clone, install the other version of spotify. You can have as many versions as you want.

I have both the free 7 day premium + hacked versions on mine :-), using 3 different accounts.

Apr 13th, 2018, 1:43 am

Apr 13th, 2018, 5:40 am
SteveMNZ wrote:
EnjoyAndThrowAway wrote:Spotify Connect seems to not pair...is this a server side thing?

Nope - spotify connect is working fine for me - I spotify connect to an Nvidia Shield running the MrDude/Balatan modified version of spotify for android TV all the time. Sometimes a reboot of the tablet/phone is required as it occassionally doesn't see the other shield but it works perfectly 90% of the time.

To update my earlier comment, connect works on my s8 phone but not the s2 tablet...
Apr 13th, 2018, 5:40 am
Apr 13th, 2018, 7:56 am
SteveMNZ wrote:

Wierd, I try to connect to a Denon receiver and its greyed out with a "premium users only" message.
Apr 13th, 2018, 7:56 am
Apr 13th, 2018, 8:32 am
Hmm should I be able to stream through alexa with this version?

Greyed out on my version asking for premium.
Apr 13th, 2018, 8:32 am
Apr 13th, 2018, 10:58 am
darsuke wrote:Hmm should I be able to stream through alexa with this version?

Greyed out on my version asking for premium.
I have similar problem with google home...He said that cant play the music cause i`m not a premium subscriber...
Apr 13th, 2018, 10:58 am
Apr 13th, 2018, 11:19 am
mrdude wrote:
Zalexzperez wrote:I want to have both Alt and playlist mod versions installed on my phone.

Install apk cloner on your phone, install whatever version of spotify you want - clone it, remove the non-clone, install the other version of spotify. You can have as many versions as you want.

I have both the free 7 day premium + hacked versions on mine :-), using 3 different accounts.

Thanks man!! I didn't know about this app, as it's not available in the countries I live.
The only 2 complaints I have right now are, that I can't use substratum on the cloned app, as it doesn't show up. And...the most annoying one: I get duplicated notifications hah

By the way, what's the 7-day premium version ? The playstore version somehow freezed so that 7 days means 7 years or something? lol
Apr 13th, 2018, 11:19 am