From music players to sound recording
Apr 14th, 2018, 6:48 pm
fauve wrote:Do I need a VPN to register if I'm located in a country where Spotify is not available?

No offence, but what do you think? Is it not logical to you that you've pretty much answered your own question?

PrismUnicorn wrote: You need a spotify account. If you can't register for one using your normal IP, then yes, you need to find another way, a VPN being one option. Google time: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=access+spotify+from+blocked+country
Apr 14th, 2018, 6:48 pm

Apr 14th, 2018, 7:31 pm
One question: I've used mods from here without any major issues for a long time.

Today I tried to cast to my Sony sound system for the first time via Google cast and I heard audio adverts. Is it possible to have this too removed?
Apr 14th, 2018, 7:31 pm

Phones: Motorola T180-Motorola Talkabout T2288-Motorola V2288-Motorola Talkabout T192-Ericsson A2628-Ericsson T68-Nokia 3310-Nokia 5210-Nokia 3510i-SE K700-Nokia 6600-Nokia 3200-SE P900-Nokia 3310-Nokia N70-SE P990-HTC TyTN-Nokia 2610-HTC TyTN II-BlackBerry 7290-Samsung i600-HTC HD2-BlackBerry 8700-HTC Snap-Motorola Milestone-ZTE Blade-Nokia 3120 Classic-G2 (HTC DZ)-3GS-HTC DHD
Apr 14th, 2018, 7:51 pm
kliq wrote:One question: I've used mods from here without any major issues for a long time.

Today I tried to cast to my Sony sound system for the first time via Google cast and I heard audio adverts. Is it possible to have this too removed?

I've been using the google home - to cast spotify to my google home smart speaker (not using spotify connect), been using it all day with zero ads on a non premium account.

I've rooted my phone, installed xposed module and bubbleupnp (not sure if you need that though), basically the stream gets captured and sent to the speaker, but instead up using bubbleupnp to cast - I use google home app.

I run spotify first - then go to the google home app to cast the audio:
Apr 14th, 2018, 7:51 pm

Apr 14th, 2018, 8:32 pm
Thanks for this awesome MrDude. Works great on Chromecast.
Sad to see you leave the modding scene.
Apr 14th, 2018, 8:32 pm
Apr 14th, 2018, 8:59 pm
dontbug wrote:doesn't work with Chromecast

Well you can use the one from the Playstore that works or pay for Premium - that also works, also I'm pretty sure using xposed module and bubbleupnp does in fact work with chromecast - as some people on here use that method.

I'll say this to EVERYONE:

If some stuff doesn't work for you, or this mod doesn't unlock the features you want - you have a few options:

1: Pay for Premium
2: Learn to hack

I've done all I'm doing to this apk now, I've tried my best to get things working - if it's not to your taste, delete this apk, nobody is forcing you to use it. I only help people that can in some way help themselves - if you can't be bothered to read, that's you're fault - but don't come on here and moan about some stuff not working, I'm literally not interested in the stuff that doesn't work - I don't have the source code for this app and it's very difficult for a human to understand smali code, and assembly instructions - hence the reason why some stuff doesn't work.

Also this apk is basically just a front end to a database - some stuff that makes this work is done on that server that hosts the database, and is out of the control of this apk.

I've also said before - chromecast has it's own firmware - with it's own spotify binary in that firmware, unless you dump the firmware, patch it and reflash that firmware onto your chromecast - you're going to have issues - this app has got fook all to do with chromecast or it's firmware.

Rant over.......TBH - getting sick of replying to the same sh*t, such as chromecast/downloading....
Apr 14th, 2018, 8:59 pm

Apr 14th, 2018, 9:05 pm
This mod doesn`t work flawlessly with viper4android sound mod...When a track starts playing, it takes a second to load the audio effects...This doesn`t happen with other music players...I don`t know if the same happens with the normal version...
Apr 14th, 2018, 9:05 pm
Apr 14th, 2018, 10:11 pm
Thanks! Any chance of getting an update to Spotify for Android TV?
Apr 14th, 2018, 10:11 pm
Apr 14th, 2018, 10:15 pm
Works great for me , thanks a bunch!
Apr 14th, 2018, 10:15 pm
Apr 15th, 2018, 12:02 am
onkarmantra wrote:This mod doesn`t work flawlessly with viper4android sound mod...When a track starts playing, it takes a second to load the audio effects...This doesn`t happen with other music players...I don`t know if the same happens with the normal version...

1. This is not the V4A support thread.
2. V4A user here without issues. Check how you installed it, what you have running, if you've deep_buffer lines deleted, etc. Again, see #1. V4A does work without issues if you have installed it and configured the rest of the system correctly.
Apr 15th, 2018, 12:02 am
Apr 15th, 2018, 1:19 am
For people complaining about not seeing the mic icon.

Spotify don't want this feature on Android OS versions below marshmallow - Build.VERSION.SDK_INT >= 23

Now we can force this so it works, but it could cause unforeseen issues with the software - hence it's not been patched in this release. So that's the reason it's working for some and not for others (apart from people not clearing their cache/data).
Apr 15th, 2018, 1:19 am

Apr 15th, 2018, 1:30 am
Another fine release unlike the blue icon repack.
Apr 15th, 2018, 1:30 am
Apr 15th, 2018, 2:03 am
onkarmantra wrote:This mod doesn`t work flawlessly with viper4android sound mod...When a track starts playing, it takes a second to load the audio effects...This doesn`t happen with other music players...I don`t know if the same happens with the normal version...

Surely you'll find all Spotify apks are like this? You need to reflash V4A - I had these problems years back when I was running the V4A apk rather than doing a full flash via recovery.

I no longer use V4A on my current handset so can't help further, but this is a V4A/your config issue and not that of this Spotify mod.
Apr 15th, 2018, 2:03 am
Apr 15th, 2018, 2:09 am
Here's my one request (if you can call it that...)

It'd be cool to have a slightly modded interface that's exclusive to Mobilism or its own name, sort of like Dogfood Core when it was the one to use. I rather liked the subtle icon change of Dogfood, and there's something cool about having an 'exclusive' version that's different to what's on most other phones. ;)

If Mrdude still had the time for messing about with this then I'd say an official DudeMod should be on the cards.

Haha.

12 hours on and I've not had any force close messages on the Alt mod. Working great. However when I was in my car earlier I noticed the fuel going down when I was driving despite using this mod. Mrdude and Batalan please give me your tech support line so I can discuss this further.
Apr 15th, 2018, 2:09 am
Apr 15th, 2018, 2:22 am
dontbug wrote:doesn`t work with Chromecast
the last version works on my chromecast. I don`t know about this one.
Apr 15th, 2018, 2:22 am
Apr 15th, 2018, 3:04 am
LTGB wrote:However when I was in my car earlier I noticed the fuel going down when I was driving despite using this mod. Mrdude and Batalan please give me your tech support line so I can discuss this further.

I've noticed this exact same issue and would like a resolution. Yet another problem is that every time I buy groceries, money gets taken out of my bank account to pay for them. If the next mod update will allow me to buy unlimited groceries without affecting my bank account, that would be greatly appreciated. :D :D :lol:

All joking aside, this is an excellent mod, MrDude! I've faced zero issues, and just wanted to thank you for all your hard work! :)
Apr 15th, 2018, 3:04 am