From music players to sound recording
Dec 4th, 2019, 3:02 pm
Maybe HiFi audio is'n really HiFi?
I think is HQ because the space on downloaded music in my smartphone is not big like old release.
Dec 4th, 2019, 3:02 pm
Dec 4th, 2019, 3:44 pm
grotesque wrote:Maybe HiFi audio is`n really HiFi?
I think is HQ because the space on downloaded music in my smartphone is not big like old release.
The deezer desktop application allows you to upload music and leave it as public or private, I uploaded the following: http://www.deezer.com/playlist/6787733384 (MP3 SD, public) and Deezer does not download it in FLAC even if the option (this may be your case) and yes download it in HIFI
Dec 4th, 2019, 3:44 pm
Dec 4th, 2019, 4:51 pm
Since there is Deezloader where you can download Hi-Fi and HQ from Deezer, I don't think it is necessary to include that into STREAMING app. So that being said I think we should switch to HQ and SD instead of HQ and Hi-Fi because it uses too much data and many people don't have unlimited data.
Dec 4th, 2019, 4:51 pm
Dec 4th, 2019, 7:52 pm
WhiteAngel69 wrote:Since there is Deezloader where you can download Hi-Fi and HQ from Deezer, I don't think it is necessary to include that into STREAMING app. So that being said I think we should switch to HQ and SD instead of HQ and Hi-Fi because it uses too much data and many people don't have unlimited data.

Decision already made by Mr.Dude HiFi-HQ it is. But honestly anything less than 320Kbps (HQ) doesn't sound nice.
Dec 4th, 2019, 7:52 pm
Dec 4th, 2019, 8:18 pm
HIFI is flac and HQ is 320Kbp.
Dec 4th, 2019, 8:18 pm
Dec 5th, 2019, 5:08 am
Whiteangel69 and many people do. What is your point? It`s better to cator to the majority.
Dec 5th, 2019, 5:08 am
Dec 5th, 2019, 9:37 am
Just noticed that "airplane/offline mode" is really broken.... haven't been totally offline in awhile... in THIS version and v6.1.14.99(tested).
I had to go all the way back to v6.1.13.71 for it to work flawlessly. No more pop-ups saying " Can't play song because your disconnected from Deezer..." even when trying to play "downloaded" songs.
Long story short.... I guess I'll be sticking with v6.1.13.71 until this is fixed... wouldn't want to be stuck somewhere with no signal and can't even listen to my music!

Just goes to show you "newer" is NOT always better and TBH, I don't see that much difference between v6.1.13.71 and v6.1.15.86... I still have HiFi/HQ, Dark Mode, etc...not missing any milestones.
Dec 5th, 2019, 9:37 am
Dec 5th, 2019, 12:09 pm
wjwhehh wrote:Whiteangel69 and many people do. What is your point? It`s better to cator to the majority.

I tried to listen to Hi-Fi, but songs are taking too long to load and often don't even load.. especially if you listen Deezer's Flow and want to skip few songs.. And let's be honest, majority have crap headphones where you just can't hear the difference between Hi-Fi and HQ, also majority of users are not audiophile and they don't even know what sound quality is.. I'm talking this from experience because many of my friends are asking me to send them this kind of apps (they are not geeks) and they don't ever even use "settings" tab, they only care about data and they expect streaming app to work fast and to have features without paying.
Dec 5th, 2019, 12:09 pm
Dec 5th, 2019, 12:10 pm
brassring wrote:Just noticed that "airplane/offline mode" is really broken.... haven`t been totally offline in awhile... in THIS version and v6.1.14.99(tested).
I had to go all the way back to v6.1.13.71 for it to work flawlessly. No more pop-ups saying " Can`t play song because your disconnected from Deezer..." even when trying to play "downloaded" songs.
Long story short.... I guess I`ll be sticking with v6.1.13.71 until this is fixed... wouldn`t want to be stuck somewhere with no signal and can`t even listen to my music!

Just goes to show you "newer" is NOT always better and TBH, I don`t see that much difference between v6.1.13.71 and v6.1.15.86... I still have HiFi/HQ, Dark Mode, etc...not missing any milestones.
The v6.1.13.71 is ok
Dec 5th, 2019, 12:10 pm
Dec 5th, 2019, 6:32 pm
brassring wrote:Just noticed that "airplane/offline mode" is really broken.... haven't been totally offline in awhile... in THIS version and v6.1.14.99(tested).
I had to go all the way back to v6.1.13.71 for it to work flawlessly. No more pop-ups saying " Can't play song because your disconnected from Deezer..." even when trying to play "downloaded" songs.
Long story short.... I guess I'll be sticking with v6.1.13.71 until this is fixed... wouldn't want to be stuck somewhere with no signal and can't even listen to my music!

Just goes to show you "newer" is NOT always better and TBH, I don't see that much difference between v6.1.13.71 and v6.1.15.86... I still have HiFi/HQ, Dark Mode, etc...not missing any milestones.

It works fine for me, songs must be cached before you can play them offline, did you download them?
Dec 5th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Dec 5th, 2019, 8:09 pm
Regardless of the application choosing the most appropriate storage location, I gave it permission to store in sd ext and apparently everything was resolved with respect to the cache and the songs work offline. Thanks mrdud3!!!
Dec 5th, 2019, 8:09 pm
Dec 6th, 2019, 12:16 am
dideroca wrote:Regardless of the application choosing the most appropriate storage location, I gave it permission to store in sd ext and apparently everything was resolved with respect to the cache and the songs work offline. Thanks mrdud3!!!
Thanks mrdude, version 6.1.13.71 works better, back ...
Dec 6th, 2019, 12:16 am
Dec 6th, 2019, 6:58 pm
I have a weird issue that I think I've at least found a workaround for. I'm in the US and for the last several modded versions, I have not had a "Download" option for Podcasts. The older mods before Dark Mode was added all had a "Download" option. What I've found is that if I VPN to a country like UK (where downloading podcasts is allowed), the "Download" button appears. What confuses me about this is that the United States is also listed as available, so I don't know why it doesn't work without a VPN.
Dec 6th, 2019, 6:58 pm