Talk about anything! Topics here should not be related to mobile devices.
Dec 25th, 2017, 12:18 am
The Market is working fine now
Thank You Guys :D
Dec 25th, 2017, 12:18 am
Dec 25th, 2017, 12:26 am
Ashraf88 wrote:The Market is working fine now

Enjoy 2.0.0.6 cause 2.0.0.7 is coming before 2018. ;)
Dec 25th, 2017, 12:26 am
Dec 25th, 2017, 3:48 pm
Hi,
I'm not able to login with the apps because my password is too long.
Please allow 14 characters.
I have confirmed by renewing my password here and take a shorter and now it's works.
Dec 25th, 2017, 3:48 pm
Dec 25th, 2017, 6:51 pm
Lucius1972 wrote:

Any new features?
Dec 25th, 2017, 6:51 pm
Dec 31st, 2017, 1:30 am
I do see a lot of "backup of watchlist failed" during the use of the app.
Dec 31st, 2017, 1:30 am
Jan 1st, 2018, 2:37 pm
Howdy,
The "old" market (1.9.1) quit searching long ago. I rarely use it. Thought I'd take some downtime and see if there was a fix.
To my glee there were 2 fixes. I just tried V2-6.
Sadly it too would not do a search. Everything comes back as error, nothing found.

No problem I'd simply update to 1.93.
Sadly 1.93, as downloaded from the OP, does not install.

Reckon I'm stuck with 1.91 and waiting a while longer. Thankfully I've still got the original apk file.
I've never seen an automatic update to the market app. My guess is it's because I've never gotten the app from the playstore.

Just as a minor note ... The last time the OP was edited was in 2011 according to the date shown in post #1.

Android 4.4.2, Samsung Galaxy note 10.1

Dr Dan
Jan 1st, 2018, 2:37 pm
Jan 1st, 2018, 7:58 pm
Lucius1972 wrote:

It's 2018 :D
Jan 1st, 2018, 7:58 pm

SUPPORT DEVELOPERS. IF YOU LIKE IT, BUY IT.
Jan 2nd, 2018, 12:15 pm
quickstang wrote:
Lucius1972 wrote:Enjoy 2.0.0.6 cause 2.0.0.7 is coming before 2018. ;)

It's 2018 :D

+1
Jan 2nd, 2018, 12:15 pm
Jan 9th, 2018, 6:07 am
First, let me start out by saying I don't think this is the appropriate location to be posting this message. I was told to post it here by one of the moderators.

I've found several book posts that are screwed up lately. One recent one has several dead links, and the live one is a bad "rip" or however you call it. Lots of format issues, items like that. In the comments someone says the OP is temporarily unavailable and someone posted a new upload in the comments. The new upload is awesome, great formating. No issues. I made a comment to try to help the next guy, saying that the links in the OP have bad formating and to use the link in the comments but my comment was deleted, so I can't even try to help steer users to the best version.

When using the web browser, you can see the comments and the new link but it's not immediately visable in this application. You have to somehow magically know both that the OP posted a dated, crappy, copy of the book, and expand the comments and see that there is a second mirror with a perfectly ripped copy of the book.

To me, the simplest answer would be to fix the immediate issue, delete the links to the corrupt books, and replace them with the mirror to the good copy, or even simply make a new post? But I guess the book moderator thinks that it would be better for this application to somehow magically figure out the original posts are bad, and expand to show the new mirror in the comments.

Since us users, are not allowed to even tell other users by making a note in the comments. I guess the app needs to allow us to notify each other when there is a corrupt formating in a file.

Issue two is that this also needs to apply to duplicate postings of the same book. When the book is posted by two different people in two different original posts with one being a corrupt version, and the other being a good version of a book.

Issue three is when a book is simply a bad rip. A nice member helped with a good copy but I couldn't get anyone to fix the bad formatted one. I wish there was a way we could try to fix some of the old posts with newer and better files.

I really don't know why it's so hard to try to help clean up some of the crap. I mean, I totally respect some of the moderators and know they have a difficult job but it seems there should be a way we can help them rather than getting occasionally rude or "canned" replies that do not come across because they don't apply to the situation.

I love this site, and have been a supporting member for years, and just want to try to help!
Jan 9th, 2018, 6:07 am
Jan 9th, 2018, 4:01 pm
Why is it still IMPOSSIBLE to download the app update from the actual app?!?!
Jan 9th, 2018, 4:01 pm
Jan 9th, 2018, 6:59 pm
superman5150 wrote:Why is it still IMPOSSIBLE to download the app update from the actual app?!?!

As has been written multiple times here, and is written in CAPS in the update message you see when you're asked to update in the app, you have to uninstall the previous version before installing this one.
Jan 9th, 2018, 6:59 pm
Jan 9th, 2018, 8:01 pm
Disk4mat wrote:
superman5150 wrote:Why is it still IMPOSSIBLE to download the app update from the actual app?!?!

As has been written multiple times here, and is written in CAPS in the update message you see when you're asked to update in the app, you have to uninstall the previous version before installing this one.

It's amazing how many people'll skip right over that, even though notice of the newest update's right there where they'd read! Though I will admit it's a bit cumbersome for those of us who've been rather absent for much long the time to scour the thread for said thread:

Disk4mat wrote:v2.0.0.6 released. This is a big update and will require a clean install, please uninstall the previous version.

- added: My Applications (what you guys requested from Mobilism v1, used to check for updates for existing apps)
- added: dark theme (as requested, for those who dont like the bright backgrounds)
- added: automatic backup and restore of watchlist (so that you dont lose your watchlist if you uninstall)
- added: updates - ignore beta versions in releases (option used to not see betas when the update feature is looking for latest versions in Mobilism's database)
- fixed: some UI color settings
- fixed: initiate correct download directory
- fixed: notifications for Android Oreo (caused downloads and other notifications to not show up)
- fixed: deletion of downloaded releases on mob2x uninstall

- note > directory WatchlistBackup will be used to update,
restore and backup your custom watchlist.
Feel free to copy it to a safe place at app closure
but do not remove it.

Enjoy!

https://forum.mobilism.org/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=214777&start=3035 - that way, it's anchored to the 1st post on that page.

And thanks - I've hardbricked my phone while overclocking its battery (heh). Once I get a new phone (I don't trust/like the newer Samsungs & locality restrictions exist on which otherworldly models one can contract/buy, so I hope it backports in compatibility: Call me the cynic. I prefer to manually edit permissions in reverse-engineer ways of sorts than they add all the crap in & I've gotta scrap more of the phone to get it barebones useful: referring to Google & Carrier, FWIW), I'll try this out. Until then, it's downloaded locally on my desktop. Last time I'd used it was 1.9.1 or 1.9.2 and the premium/platinum login kept logging-out after some certain X interval of time once we'd terminated the app. Did that get fixed please?
Jan 9th, 2018, 8:01 pm
Jan 9th, 2018, 9:04 pm
@ima11 yes, the logging out of Premium issue never existed in v2. This new version was written from scratch.
Jan 9th, 2018, 9:04 pm
Jan 11th, 2018, 5:51 am
My 2.0.0.6 keeps crashing when I try to open 'My Applications'. All it shows in the toast is "error" and tries to mail an error log.
GyroDawn wrote:My 2.0.0.6 keeps crashing when I try to open 'My Applications'. All it shows in the toast is "error" and tries to mail an error log.

Have you mailed the error log? That way our devs can take a look at what is causing it.