Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jan 21st, 2007, 11:07 pm
Do you guys have any idea on how to run a warez site? You need to add [code] tags to all external links, or disable BBCode in your posts.

Active (Clickable) links leave a referral of the forum. That's not good for warez boards because they can be tracked and then you have problems with RS and others checking every file that's linked to from here.

It also helps keep links alive longer. Some people share there files on there own site for certain people and then when they see a referral of an other site linking to there files with out permission the delete or more the files.

The reason I'm telling you all of this is because it seems you really don't seem to use anything to stop these sites from finding us out.

Of course, I might be completely wrong, and this forum uses some method of anonymous linking without telling me, but I don't think I am. Otherwise, why write this?
Jan 21st, 2007, 11:07 pm
Jan 21st, 2007, 11:11 pm
For a start, rapidshare does not care whatsoever whether you have warez or not. They know perfectly well that 99% of the files they host are warez, but its how they make money- they host warez files, sell premium accounts for people to be able to download those files without waiting and put up ads. Rapidshare itself does not delete files. Files are only deleted from rapidshare if as they say "complaints have been recieved" from other parties who are hurt by warez. Same goes for most major filehosts especially megaupload which in fact allows ads for itself on warez sites. The links that go to non-filehosting sites here are almost all in code or use anonymous liking services. Just take a look at the More Info links in Software Releases.
Jan 21st, 2007, 11:11 pm
Jan 22nd, 2007, 12:12 am
Sorry, but when I looked, I saw barely anyone doing this. I've never before been on a warez site that hasn't made users use anonymity websites or not used links. Was just trying to help out.
Jan 22nd, 2007, 12:12 am
Jan 22nd, 2007, 9:42 pm
Dont worry, Im not angry and not trying to flame you. Thanks for the suggestions although next time please post in a more positive way and not "Do you guys have any idea on how to run a warez site?" :)

Anonymous redirection websites are used very often here although not always when it comes to download links. Concerning everything else, anonymous links or code is used 95% of the time.
Jan 22nd, 2007, 9:42 pm