Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Sep 6th, 2006, 6:24 am
Hi, guys.

I think that we need a method to be able to delete our own posts in the requests sections.

Reason being, say I don't want to pay out the WRZ$ to someone any more because I find a more worthy way to spend them? Or what happens if we run out of WRZ$ and then someone fulfills a request from weeks ago and BAM -- you're hit with a surprise payout with money that you don't have. Not a nice way to make friends, m'thinks.

Or at the very least, make a rule whereby we can cancel our request within the body of the request (i.e. just a simple reply stating that we are no longer offering a reward). If someone fulfills the request within 24 hours of our post, then we have to pay out; but if not, then we're gold.

KnowwhatImeanVern?

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers.

/Minus-1
Sep 6th, 2006, 6:24 am

M1NU51
Sep 6th, 2006, 7:59 pm
You can always edit your own posts.. you can also post in the thread if you want to cancel. And of course if you fulfill your own request, you can still release it here ;)

It would prob be a mess if everyone had mod powers in the request section ;) I don't think you have to worry about running out of WRZ$ anymore
Sep 6th, 2006, 7:59 pm

Retired administrator.
Sep 6th, 2006, 8:16 pm
You cant edit your own posts in the requests section!
Sep 6th, 2006, 8:16 pm
Sep 6th, 2006, 9:25 pm
I can let people delete their own posts in the request section but Im afraid that might cause some problems. Say a person got his/her request fullfilled. Then they go back and delete the thread and say they never made it. If somebody edits their post (saying for example "reward canceled, never mind") I can directly see when they edited it and when the release for the request was posted, which prevents cheating. If they delete their posts I can also see what they did but to do that I have to go through a couple pages of logs and find that exact entry. Do you think it will really help a lot if people are able to delete their own requests? If you really want I can try adding a special way for canceling requests.
Sep 6th, 2006, 9:25 pm
Sep 8th, 2006, 6:07 am
HAL 9000 wrote:I don't think you have to worry about running out of WRZ$ anymore

OMG, HAL 9000! I just did a pay-out of 150 WRZ$ in one shot.

A NORMAL human being in my situtation wouldn't have to worry about running out of WRZ$ but remember -- this is ME that we're talking about here!

Oh, poo!

(Winnie).

:) Cya.

/Minus-1
Sep 8th, 2006, 6:07 am

M1NU51
Sep 8th, 2006, 6:13 am
lifehacker wrote:I can let people delete their own posts in the request section but Im afraid that might cause some problems. Say a person ...

Yes, I see your point.

Do you think it will really help a lot if people are able to delete their own requests? If you really want I can try adding a special way for canceling requests.

I think that the thought has crossed people's minds (at least those people that make requests and offer more than two or three WRZ$ for 'em), but i don't want you to do more work when it's not necessary.

You know what I think would be a solution...? Just make a rule that in order to cancel your request you must reply to your own thread stating that you wish to cancel the request. Give people 24 hours for that cancellation to take effect (just in case someone has already done the field work for that request and is just about to release it) and if anyone hasn't fulfilled it within that 24 hour period of you making that cancellation post, you're gold.

See wot I mean? I think a sticky in the request sections for something to the above effect would help me sleep at nights. :)
Sep 8th, 2006, 6:13 am

M1NU51