Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Dec 21st, 2016, 6:25 am
It would be great if when a user is adding a book to a series that they have already uploaded that the post appears as a new post, for example... Alex Cross series by James Patterson books 1 and 2 posted 20th July 2016, then the user adds book 3 on 21 Dec 2016, then the whole post will appear as if posted on the 21 Dec 2016, otherwise it will be way back in the posts and user's will have to be specifically looking for it to find book 3. I hope you get what I mean.
I have come across the problem a number of times, and sometimes by the time I look for a book all the links are dead or worse still, the user is no longer active. Sure, I could request the book or ask the user to refresh the links, but that is not very fair for the uploader.. anyway that's my bit
Dec 21st, 2016, 6:25 am

98% of my current uploads are retail.
Dec 21st, 2016, 10:30 pm
lilybook wrote:It would be great if when a user is adding a book to a series that they have already uploaded that the post appears as a new post, for example... Alex Cross series by James Patterson books 1 and 2 posted 20th July 2016, then the user adds book 3 on 21 Dec 2016, then the whole post will appear as if posted on the 21 Dec 2016, otherwise it will be way back in the posts and user's will have to be specifically looking for it to find book 3. I hope you get what I mean.

Actually, that's the way it is done, always has been. When a book is added, the OP bumps the release with a reply post announcing the new book.
Dec 21st, 2016, 10:30 pm
Dec 22nd, 2016, 3:08 am
No that is not what I mean, my example is when say a person posts a series on 18 Dec 2016, then adds a book to the series on 22 Dec 2016, it would be great if the whole post jumps to page one, the way it is at the moment it still stays way back over 100 pages away. So if people check the books everyday like I do, then they will probably not go that far back and notice that a book was added to the series. eg: viewtopic.php?p=4055150#4055150
So unless people want to troll through hundreds of pages in the off chance that someone has added a book to a post, then the only way to know is if they do an actual search.
Dec 22nd, 2016, 3:08 am

98% of my current uploads are retail.
Dec 22nd, 2016, 9:25 am
lilybook wrote:No that is not what I mean, my example is when say a person posts a series on 18 Dec 2016, then adds a book to the series on 22 Dec 2016, it would be great if the whole post jumps to page one, the way it is at the moment it still stays way back over 100 pages away.

No dear, it doesn't stay 100 pages away because this person posted a reply that reads "Added book 7". This reply, aka "bump", jumped the whole post to page one. "Bumps" always jump the whole post to page one, you have nothing to worry about ;-)
Dec 22nd, 2016, 9:25 am