Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jun 3rd, 2017, 4:21 pm
I am aware that there is a tired debate going and I am probably beating a dead subject here on what sites to have your links for books on, but I have had my computer screen hijacked three times after trying to download a book and disabling my ad blocker - massive stupid mistake on my part - just to try and get it.
Silly me for wanting something to read.
I am not enjoying the services here if people are using these pay per download file hosters and literally screwing with other people's computers because the site isn't trustworthy and they just want to make cash. I cannot afford to pay for premium on here as much as I'd like to so I am basically stuck being unable to use most of the site due to people doing this. I haven't been able to download a new book in a long time because I am always told to disable my ad blocker. If a site asks this then - it is NOT trustworthy! I would think if you have to disable anything take it as a warning that the site or program is not safe.
I was not aware that this was starting to become a pay dearly per book site.
I would suggest to Mobilism admins - find a trustworthy site or two and make sure people use it or be prepared to lose people because in the end it will be cheaper to go out and buy a real paperback book instead or a proper retail legit e-book via Kindle or a new computer. Even your premium access will start to suffer from those sites doing what they want.
-Just a note: I am not sure how many are tech savvy - but a lot of forced ads contain spyware and other nasties so why the hell would we want to disable our ad blocker in the first place - you want money get a real damn job and stop making reading a book so stressful and hateful. Stop profiteering off others.
Jun 3rd, 2017, 4:21 pm
Jun 10th, 2017, 7:57 am
My screen was hijacked today in a nitroflare download link. I'm gone!
Jun 10th, 2017, 7:57 am
Jun 10th, 2017, 9:13 am
galchy wrote:My screen was hijacked today in a nitroflare download link. I'm gone!

If you had read the Rules you would have known that Nitroflare is not allowed in the eBooks section. That way, you would have reported the offending release instead of clicking what turned out to be the 3rd link (there were 2 other working links) in the post. Too late now, so all I can say is: fair winds and following seas! :)
Jun 10th, 2017, 9:13 am
Jun 18th, 2017, 7:14 am
It would be nice if Userscloud and Hulkload were banned as well. Both sites try to install malware when I have adblocker disabled. It's especially tiresome on mobile, because my phone can't block ads!
Jun 18th, 2017, 7:14 am
Jun 18th, 2017, 9:13 am
zufield wrote:It would be nice if Userscloud and Hulkload were banned as well. Both sites try to install malware when I have adblocker disabled. It's especially tiresome on mobile, because my phone can't block ads!

I hear you, and I really understand your frustration. But we are more than one million one hundred thousand members from all over the world, each with a different opinion and all using different devices. We are not going to ban two of the most popular filehosts that so many uploaders use based on the preferences of some, I hope you understand. Actually, we are not going to ban any filehosts at all, not unless the site becomes private (4shared), or unless the site makes downloading impossible for free users (Nitroflare).

viewtopic.php?p=3121532#3121532
viewtopic.php?p=4119665#4119665
viewtopic.php?p=4436815#4436815
viewtopic.php?p=4392365#4392365
viewtopic.php?p=4460171#4460171
viewtopic.php?p=3548352#3548352
viewtopic.php?p=4475752#4475752
Jun 18th, 2017, 9:13 am
Jul 6th, 2017, 5:10 pm
Userscloud has turned into a haven of pop-ups, pop-unders and some pop-ups are being flagged by by system's security programs as "unsafe". Yesterday, I tried downloading several ebooks as I thought this problem had been corrected and yet each ebook I tried to download, I got assailed by a logistical pop-up window nightmare. I spend more time closing out pop-up windows than I do in trying to download a file that's been linked from here. There need to be safer alternatives. Banning one or two sites does not solve the problem. For every good cloud storage service, there are a dozen bad ones. I'd like to see the forum management take a look at these cloud storage services and allow only those that don't provide a security problem to its users.
Jul 6th, 2017, 5:10 pm

Providing hard to find ebooks for the community. If a link is dead, send me a PM.
If you like the share, don't forget to click the following button: Image
Jul 6th, 2017, 7:23 pm
wolfe426 wrote: I'd like to see the forum management take a look at these cloud storage services and allow only those that don't provide a security problem to its users.

The forum management does more than just take a look at all the cloud storage services that our posters use, we do everything in our power to help our members as much as we possibly can with detailed instructions on how to best avoid the hassle. We have help topics posted all over the site with step by step instructions and illustrations, with useful information on which addons to install and what buttons to avoid in each filehost. Whether our members read the instructions or not is beyond our control, there is no way to make reading instructions mandatory. But don't worry, we will never allow sites that pose a security problem to our users. A real security problem, obviously, not inconveniences.

eBook Releases: Subject: .exe or Virus warning after downloading an app, ebook etc.
eBooks Social Club: Subject: .exe or Virus warning after downloading a file (discussions)

Announcements: Subject: .exe or Virus warning after downloading an app, ebook etc.

Android:
Subject: .exe or virus warning after downloading an app
Subject: .exe or virus warning after downloading a game
Jul 6th, 2017, 7:23 pm