Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Oct 16th, 2017, 4:04 am
mri19 wrote:Thank you for this thread. I have found over the years that 90% and upwards of the "ebooks" posted on Mobilism lead to garbage malware-ridden sites, popups that I've been infected with a virus, dead links, etc. Basically only about one in ten of the links I follow lead to actual ebooks.

Yes, some of the upload sites are a treacherous minefield of malware. They try and trick you into downloading malicious software and one just has to be careful to know the difference between the genuine download and the malicious software. The two exceptions to this rule I have found are zippyshare and solidfiles. I visit these two websites with my ad-blocker on and I have never had any problems. However, the latest bedbug of Mobilism users is "Hulkload". With the ad-blocker on it doesn't let you access the captcha, with the ads-turned off it turns into a minefield of malware. I am petitioning the high and mighty of this website to de-list Hulkload as an acceptable file-hosting service.
Oct 16th, 2017, 4:04 am
Oct 16th, 2017, 2:02 pm
I speak only for myself, not for any oher poster and certainly not in my role as a Mobilism staff member so not for Mobilism. That declaration made...

File lockers (or file storage sites) come in all shapes and sizes. Rest assured the easiest for downloaders to use, such as Zippy and SolidFiles today, have the least time of retention, which means files expire repeatedly, regularly, exhaustingly. When you (well, not you two but contributing posters) post repeatedly and reliably, you tend to choose a file storage site that will retain files for more than 10 days or 30 days so you can post new files for new posts, not occupy yourself with re-upping old files for old posts. But the flipside is true as well; the storage sites with the longest retention also tend to be the most dastardly when it comes to wreaking havoc. Moreover, many sites go from easy to use to not easy to use; Zippy, for example, only several months ago, went through its phase of loading ads and malware and other assorted difficulties. Or the sites go out of business, which occurs more frequently than you might guess or know. Many file storage sites have been banned from being used on Mobilism; one more item of many the (overworked) eBooks moderators must check before categorizing a post.

A balance is necessary between ease of use for downloaders and length of retention for uploaders. Each contributing member of this site strives to find that balance. It might not seem that way but to a poster, he or she does precisely that.

I encourage you two to become contributing members of Mobilism. Share your files in new release post after new release post after new release post - several times each day - but also balance your needs for file retention with ease of use for downloaders. Then complain if you still can. But to complain now, when you contribute so little if at all?

And if you choose not to contribute, then learn about the tricks the file storage sites try to play. merry60 wrote the excellent and frequently updated tutorial to skirt the many problems that occur: viewtopic.php?p=1590162#1590162

Alternatively, use Mobilism's Premium Downloader (PD), which is worth its token fee. Using PD brings in an entirely new world of ease of use for downloaders; no more lengthy waits between downloads, no more attempts to install malware on unsuspecting users' computers.

I use the file storage sites I do because they play nice with Mobilism's Premium Downloader. I acknowledge not everyone accesses the Premium Downloader, even though it is extraordinarily inexpensive and a godsend of a timesaver. Their loss. And seemingly yours.

mri19 wrote:Thank you for this thread. I have found over the years that 90% and upwards of the "ebooks" posted on Mobilism lead to garbage malware-ridden sites, popups that I've been infected with a virus, dead links, etc. Basically only about one in ten of the links I follow lead to actual ebooks.

dubbledibble wrote:Yes, some of the upload sites are a treacherous minefield of malware. They try and trick you into downloading malicious software and one just has to be careful to know the difference between the genuine download and the malicious software. The two exceptions to this rule I have found are zippyshare and solidfiles. I visit these two websites with my ad-blocker on and I have never had any problems. However, the latest bedbug of Mobilism users is "Hulkload". With the ad-blocker on it doesn't let you access the captcha, with the ads-turned off it turns into a minefield of malware. I am petitioning the high and mighty of this website to de-list Hulkload as an acceptable file-hosting service.
Oct 16th, 2017, 2:02 pm
Oct 21st, 2017, 7:04 pm
hi all, mobilism app is offline?

no internet available or server error, i have internet :)
Oct 21st, 2017, 7:04 pm
Oct 8th, 2018, 5:16 pm
merry60 wrote:Thank you all for your suggestion, but Library Genesis will not be accepted as one of the required links in any post. Whether or not they pay uploaders is irrelevant, or else sites like Zippyshare or Mediafire would not be allowed.

Please read the General Site Rules:
#3.1 Files for releases have to be uploaded either onto filehosts or direct links to the file provided. You are not allowed to link to another site which contains a further link towards the download. You must post your own links.

I've just spent an hour or so trying to download a file from tusfiles.com. Just a 1 MB ebook. Should have taken 10 seconds. The page has links marked "Download" but all they do is open ads and pages that try to load crap into my browser until I gave up. But this site is apparently approved. The only "direct links" it has are to pain and suffering.

Libgen however DOES have direct links.
E.g."Dickens, Charles - Nicholas Nickleby": Direct link: (download link removed by moderator)
EPUB (871 Kb) (A book copied from Gutenberg, so 100% legal in case that's an issue).
Just click the "Get" button and you got it. 100 times easier than any of these sleazy filehosts that jerk us around and try to install God knows what.

merry60 wrote:The suggestion to allow Libgen's links has been declined, thank you all.
Oct 8th, 2018, 5:16 pm