Feedback or requests for help with the site.

If PPCwarez opted for building its own server, would you help and donate by any mean available?

No. 1
33%
Yes. With money. 2
67%
Yes. With hard disk. 0
N/A
Yes. With any other computer hardware (Board, CPU, Power supply, etc). 0
N/A
Total votes : 3
May 19th, 2007, 10:34 pm
I do not know if this has already been mentioned, but why not build a database server for every upload? I did noticed that a lot but really a lot of PPC games, for example, have broken links. It is like having the game box but not the game. If the site had its own server, every upload would be safe and never deleted.
And I am sure if the admins opted for this solution, many users would help with money, hard drives and so on. I created this poll for every user, to see if the odds are good.
Please vote. Thanks.
May 19th, 2007, 10:34 pm

Phobz
May 20th, 2007, 1:56 am
Phobi4 wrote:I do not know if this has already been mentioned, but why not build a database server for every upload? I did noticed that a lot but really a lot of PPC games, for example, have broken links. It is like having the game box but not the game. If the site had its own server, every upload would be safe and never deleted.
And I am sure if the admins opted for this solution, many users would help with money, hard drives and so on. I created this poll for every user, to see if the odds are good.
Please vote. Thanks.

The only forseeable roblem with this is linking to the files, such as now, is not illegal, however actually hosting the files is illegal.
May 20th, 2007, 1:56 am
May 20th, 2007, 4:29 pm
Phobi4, the problem is not the money nor the needed hard drives. Our server has more than enough space to host PPCWarez's files. The key problem here is that hosting our files on our own server would bring us in legal danger. Using filehosts to host files is much safer than keeping than having all of the files located on one of our servers. If you people want, you can perhaps try collecting servers or chipping in for a new server somewhere in a safe location and using it to host PPCWarez's files, but I cannot be directly related to this project. I can help you guys get started and offer help but I am not willing to take any responsibility for these servers.
May 20th, 2007, 4:29 pm

Support developers.
May 21st, 2007, 2:02 am
I was about to say that lifehacker. There are countries that have some laws that are much more difficult for someone to be sued. Building a server in such country would be safe (I think).
If someone has a better idea or know an upload server that has a minor chance of losing the files, please speak up.
The whole comunity would benefit. Thanks.
May 21st, 2007, 2:02 am

Phobz