Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Jun 30th, 2018, 3:21 am
I've noticed over the last couple of weeks posters sharing books in unknown file formats.

This isn't a case of clicking on the wrong download button but rather files that have the correct file name but definitely aren't epub.

A good example is a poster that shared Randall H. Miller's book "Wrong Town".

A long time poster so I am not suspicious but when both links, hulkload and user cloud have the same unidentifiable file its a bit weird. This has happened several times over the last couple of weeks.

Anyone else noticing this? Windows can't even identify the file type. Its not an .exe file however.
Jun 30th, 2018, 3:21 am
Jun 30th, 2018, 12:03 pm
bookfrog wrote:I've noticed over the last couple of weeks posters sharing books in unknown file formats.

This isn't a case of clicking on the wrong download button but rather files that have the correct file name but definitely aren't epub.

A good example is a poster that shared Randall H. Miller's book "Wrong Town".

A long time poster so I am not suspicious but when both links, hulkload and user cloud have the same unidentifiable file its a bit weird. This has happened several times over the last couple of weeks.

Anyone else noticing this? Windows can't even identify the file type. Its not an .exe file however.

Sometimes the file uploaded is missing the extension and no program or system will recognise it, neither Calibre nor Windows. Most of the times the problem is easily fixed by adding the format manually (.epub) or (.rar).

If you have doubts about which one it may be, please send a message to the OP so they can fix the problem. If the file was corrupted during upload, they need to know so they can fix it. If the file was corrupted during download, they must tell you so you can fix it.
Jun 30th, 2018, 12:03 pm