Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Aug 9th, 2018, 2:51 pm
Finding horror books in the science/fantasy section can be time consuming, because the only thing to go by--if I'm unfamiliar with the author, which I usually am--are the titles. Some fantasy and sci-fi titles can be mistaken for horror titles (and vice versa). I clicked on one thread tonight for a book called Fliers , thinking it was probably a horror story about vampires, only to discover it was a fantasy tale. This kind of thing happens to me multiple times whenever I'm searching for horror there. The fact that sci-fi and fantasy titles outnumber horror titles by a considerable margin, only makes the searching more time consuming.

How about introducing a letter or symbol system that identifies each genre in that section?
Aug 9th, 2018, 2:51 pm
Aug 13th, 2018, 2:03 am
Just use goodreads to find what to read
Aug 13th, 2018, 2:03 am
Aug 17th, 2018, 8:09 am
Use the advanced search. It's awesome and there for a reason. I use it a lot, so here are some tips I've picked up:

First, you gotta use the right keywords. If you want horror, use horror. You want vampires? Use that. I usually go for really specific ones that I know I want the book to have in it like spaceship, deep space, investigation, military, and so on.

Next, select the Sci-Fi/Fantasy forum from the drop down list so the search is focused there. Easy peasy, right?

The last step is the important one. Make sure you select Post subjects and message text underneath Search within and make doubly sure that you choose to display the results as posts so you get an idea of what the book is about before clicking on it.

I always leave Mobilism with books I can't wait to read when I do this.
Aug 17th, 2018, 8:09 am