Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Aug 25th, 2018, 4:28 pm
I was warned by PM about this rule from the ebooks requests area:

- Please be civil and don't spam the section with too many requests at a time. Anything over a handful of posts / bumps is not considerate, it will only annoy users who will see their requests suddenly pushed away from the front page and its much sought after visibility. We need to be polite and respectful of others.

However you need to understand that for people like me with sufficient funds $$$$$ it's possible to ask for too many ebooks at the same time. But how many threads are allowed? I have no way of knowing if 3, 5 or 10 are too much. One moderator may think 3 is enough, another that only 4 should be opened, etc. etc.

I don't want to be inconvenient but unless it's clearly stated that only X threads can be already opened at the same time this will only lead to confusion and subjected to interpretation. There is a rule about the number of bumps, but nothing about the number of threads. :)
Aug 25th, 2018, 4:28 pm

"Falsehood has an infinity of combinations; Truth has only one mode of being."
Aug 25th, 2018, 9:39 pm
*chuckle* I guess to some people it may seem ambiguous, but the limit is actually five, aka "a handful," since presumably we don't have any aliens here with seven fingers on each hand. :)

That doesn't limit you to five books, however - just five threads. So you could ask for, for example, individual books from five different series ("books 3, 5, and 10 from John Smith's Generic Series" - then give their titles), or just five specific books as you prefer.
Aug 25th, 2018, 9:39 pm

Reality can be beaten with enough imagination.

- Mark Twain
Aug 26th, 2018, 2:53 pm
Fizban wrote:*chuckle* I guess to some people it may seem ambiguous, but the limit is actually five, aka "a handful," since presumably we don't have any aliens here with seven fingers on each hand. :)

That doesn't limit you to five books, however - just five threads. So you could ask for, for example, individual books from five different series ("books 3, 5, and 10 from John Smith's Generic Series" - then give their titles), or just five specific books as you prefer.
Oh, I see. English is not my native language, that's why the confusion, since I was only looking for a number when I read that part. Although "handful" also means "a small number" / a few (not necessarily 5, which is the exact quantity that fills the hand).

I wanted to make sure to avoid breaking the rules/being unfair, since anyone that has enough funds will think it can open as many threads as it pleases (example: 600 WRZ = 60 threads!), provided the combined threads didn't surpass these same funds.

Anyway, thank you all for clarifying the issue. :)
Aug 26th, 2018, 2:53 pm

"Falsehood has an infinity of combinations; Truth has only one mode of being."