Feedback or requests for help with the site.
Sep 21st, 2018, 12:14 am
As the title says. WAY too many links that go to uploaded files that have been removed. Pointing it out on a given thread has also earned me e-mails from a mod telling me to stop complaining, and message the person directly. Even then, I see no reason not to post in the thread directly. If it's a rule to not post that a thread has dead links, then it's a stupid rules.

merry60 wrote:Please see your pms.
Sep 21st, 2018, 12:14 am
Sep 21st, 2018, 3:25 am
It would be nice to have a place to report dead links for removal after you have asked the poster and they don't reply to your private message and don't update links.

merry60 wrote:Please read the Rules. Every single instance is contemplated and explained, thank you.
Sep 21st, 2018, 3:25 am
Sep 21st, 2018, 3:41 am
The eBook Section Rules are pretty clear about new links requests.
New links requests
  • Please PM the ORIGINAL POSTER (OP) with re-up requests. DO NOT use the report button for dead links. The reports area is restricted to staff only, posters cannot see reports.
  • If you don't get a reply from the OP within a few days (3 at most) you can post in the topic, explaining that you sent a PM and received no response. More information here: eBook Forum Etiquette
    • Note to OPs: ignoring re-up request is equal to ignoring the rules and therefore a punishable offence.
  • If the Original Poster is no longer active or banned (see profile) or not replacing links as per the signature, post in the topic (e.g. "Links dead, OP inactive") so it can be moved to Expired and reposted by somebody else. DO NOT use the report button.
  • OPs are only required to replace one (1) link in older posts.
  • Replacing links in Magazine releases older than 6 months is not mandatory.
Sep 21st, 2018, 3:41 am
Sep 21st, 2018, 3:48 am
Thank you, I did the same thing and received a chastising for my efforts. I don`t see why I wasn`t able to post in the thread, why have a comment button available then? I posted because the d/l links were nothing but spam pop up after pop up.

merry60 wrote:Please read the Rules. Every single instance is contemplated and explained, thank you.
Sep 21st, 2018, 3:48 am
Oct 20th, 2018, 8:18 pm
IMO, people that share their uploads is a gift to us. If they don't respond to a PM, I just assume they may no longer be active here or don't have the ability to re-up dead links. So be it. No need to complain about something that is being shared with us for free. If the OP has not responded, I'll just post a new request and hope that someone else can help.
Oct 20th, 2018, 8:18 pm